1. 1. Where are you from?

• North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Antarctica (you never know)

The damp, tattooed and frequently drunk contigent of Britons grows by the hour. Our vomit-stained horde will march on California, smiting all who oppose us with a combination of mindless ultra-violence and insolent whimsy.

sonsofgygax.JPG

England. For those confused as to why some British people refuse to consider themselves European despite obvious similarities (genetics, language, geography, culture, EU, etc) it's because in some respects the UK is distinctly different from the rest of Europe and much more so than most 'other' European countries are from each other. These include but are not limited to a different political system (two party first past the post vs multi-party proportional representation), legal system (common law vs civic law) and immigration system (border controls vs citizen card internal controls). On top of that the UK has historically been more focussed, or at least successful, internationally than in Europe so shares those differences from Europe with many international countries. When European countries create EU legislation they tend to do so without consideration or perhaps recognition of these differences therefore increasing the barrier of entry for Britain. Whereas it may be a logical continuation for continental countries, in many cases it requires a large overhaul in the UK. Combine that with the fact that Britain has historically been more successful than most if not all European countries with good reason to believe its ways are as good if not better than the ones continentals use and you can understand the opposition.

Edited by Radwulf

Netherlands (EU).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Zagreb, Croatia.

Wow, I was not expecting to see that most people here are from Europe...

Cool! me to! Glad to see there are more backers from Croatia.

2 atoms walk into a bar, the one says " I believe i have lost an electron!" the other says " Are you sure?" the first atom says " I'm positive! "

Combine that with the fact that Britain has historically been more successful than most if not all European countries with good reason to believe its ways are as good if not better than the ones continentals use and you can understand the opposition.

England myself, don't quite agree with that though. Not exactly true is it...

• Like 1

@Few

Not precisely sure why you disagree but maybe I should clarify. In 'modern history', especially the last 300 years, the UK has been the most, or among the most, consistently powerful European country and the only one to achieve true global pre-eminence. It has achieved exceptional accomplishments in every area of human endeavour. Since the second world war the UK has been less successful economically but has been steadily catching up to the likes of France and Germany with consistently higher levels of growth and is likely to surpass one or both within the next few decades even with the effects of the crisis, if only for demographic reasons. When it comes to changing your ways of doing things to 'fit in' in helps if you are smaller or less successful. Given that Britain is not smaller or significantly less successful (all things considered) with such a relatively strong track record there is little incentive to change substantially which leads to opposition against those who try.

NB. The reason I've added these bits on how European Britain is is in response to a debate earlier in the thread.

Edited by Radwulf

I think the people of Obsidian should see this poll if they haven't already. Saying "Good morning America" at the start of the last update, when (according to this poll, which is not neccesarily accurate, but probably at least give a hint) most of the people on these forums are from Europe, seems kinda silly. (I know he says "and the rest of the world" after, but still). A smarter thing to say would probably be something like; "Good morning backers", or "Good morning people", etc.

It was a song quote. Josh Sawyer has specifically stated that he knows that PE's fan-base is approximately half European.

Mother****, people.

Sorry then, I didn't recognize the song quote, nor have I read/heard that Josh has said this. No need to get worked up about it, I didn't think my post should have come across as more than a casual comment, not a heartfelt angry rant.

EDIT: I searched for the song with this lyrics, and got: City of New Orleans, written by Steve Goodman. I played the song on my Wimp (Think Spotify), and have never heard it before, then again, I don't really like most country music.

Edited by HansKrSG