1. 1. Where are you from?

• North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Antarctica (you never know)

I'm from Malaysia, a small country down South of Asia and a former colony of the British. Therefore, English is an important language here which allows us to enjoy great video games. ;) Video game is no stranger here, I grew up playing DOS games like Xenon 2 and Pre Historic 2 although they used to be expensive due to the fact that they had to be imported from the opposite site of the globe. But thanks to Steam and other online digital distribution, video game access has never been easier, and Steam sales have contributed a lot in encouraging gamer here to avoid piracy and go legit.

Woo fellow Malaysian! :dancing:

Could you guys tell me something about where your language originates from?

I know some turkish and somehow I am able to understand about 5% of your written language...

Malay is basically an Austronesian language (almost the same as Indonesian, related to Tagalog and the Polynesian and Malagasy languages), but with heavy borrowings from various sources owing to Malaysia's position as a trade crossroads. Vocabulary has been borrowed, inter alia, from Sanskrit (the pre-Islamic Indian influence is strong, although not as strong as in Indonesia), Arabic, Persian, Chinese (particularly southern dialects) and more recently, Portuguese and English owing to our colonial history. Words that are similar to Turkish most probably derive from Arabic and Persian borrowings common to both languages.

• Like 1

Snarkmaster of the Obsidian Order and Planescape junkie!

The Obsidian Order wants you!

Ostensibly I am from the United Kingdom. That is, in fact, where my transplanar hellgate is located (not far from Edmonton, on the A406 North Circular Road). Should you find it (there is an acrid smell, of congealed souls and simmering brimstone nearby) you will find yourself in the bottom level* of my Mind-Flayer infested mega-dungeon, where I usually live. Luckily I have a good ADSL connection down here and am able to treat you to my musings.

*nominally level 120, but there is another, secret one below it.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I think one reason that there are so many Europeans here compared to Americans might be because of the average working hours / week of both areas. I think it is probably a lot more common in the US for people who grew up with the Infinity Engine games (ages 25+) to not have much time over for computer games today.

Come visit the Project Eternity subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity

I think one reason that there are so many Europeans here compared to Americans might be because of the average working hours / week of both areas. I think it is probably a lot more common in the US for people who grew up with the Infinity Engine games (ages 25+) to not have much time over for computer games today.

The reason why majority of people are from Europe is because the PC gaming is much more popular than console gaming here. Until recently only few people had consoles and even now I know only a few people who play mostly on consoles. The biggest releases here were PC-only. Witcher 1 & 2 were PC exclusives in the beginning, Stalker from Ukraine was a PC exclusive, and Gothic series is a PC exclusive (though Risens had simultaneous X-Box release). Meanwhile the biggest games made in the US or Japan are either multi-platform or console exclusives and it's like that since the middle of the 00's.

• Like 1

I work and am full time student. Time isn't an issue, well for me anyway. We mericans have different tastes in gaming. Horrible taste, but different tastes nonetheless.

Edited by Inyourprime
  • Like 1

I work and am full time student. Time isn't an issue, well for me anyway. We mericans have different tastes in gaming. Horrible taste, but different tastes nonetheless.

Now we know who to blame for deterioration and dumbing down of the games :p

• Like 2

I was expecting more from North America.

I am from Tampa, FL, USA.

"The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny, chaos will be sown by their passage," so sayeth the wise Alaundo.

768543sarevokred1.jpg

America is so vast there must be lots of gamers who would love this project. Admittedly they might be living in heavily-armed mountaintop compounds without internet access, but still...

Nah ... Since the post-Clinton era, I've just been using the family bomb shelter the grandparents built in the 50's. Not much of a view, but the internet access is fine.

• Like 1

Tampere, Finland, Scandinavia, Northern Europe.

Where the summers are cold, but seldom snowy

And where the winters are cold, but wet

And where the hell is my beer??

photo-43672.jpg?_r=1349795749
"Which is more the fool: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Good old Britain - England, to be precise. To be more precise (and to my eternal shame), Essex.

`This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!` - God Emperor of Didcot by Toby Frost.