1. 1. Where are you from?

• North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Antarctica (you never know)

Ah, again no Russia or Middle east in the poll.

Saint-Petersburg, Russia.

No other country - save Australia for obvious reasons - got their own option. Why would Russia?

'Middle East' is Asia or Africa, depending. I actually hate how the 'Middle East' now exists, even though everyone seems to have forgotten the Near East and the Far East. The Middle East is suddenly a huge damn place.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Asking for an option for Russia or the UK or the Middle East is nonsensical here. Obviously, the poll asks you about which continent you're from geographically, not geopolitically. Evidently, Israel is in Asia. UK is in Europe (which is a bit of a shame because most Britons aren't very fond of it, but that's the way it is, guys :p ), and Russia lies in both Asia and Europe. Now, if you live in St. Petersburg or Moscow, you know well enough that's not in Asia, so you'll answer Europe. If you happen to live in Vladivostock, you again know that you're not living in Europe or North America, but in Asia.

On topic, I really like how almost 60% of the people here are fellow Europeans. I believe there's huge potential in both Asia and South America as markets for this game, if the necessary level of localization is carried out. At least one out of two Europeans speaks or understands English, but I don't think the same applies to the people living in these continents.

• Like 1

Physically, I live in Northern California, US. My mind however ... that's another story.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No other country - save Australia for obvious reasons - got their own option. Why would Russia?

Well, maybe because "continent" style poll does not make much sense here? Russia lies both in Asia and Europe, but we are different from both Europeans and Asians. And there's a LOT of diehard RPG fans here. The "region" style will give way more perspective on who is actually interested in this forum.

Just saying

Been there. Seen that. Got the scars.

I had to vote Europe, although the UK is in fact an island not connected to the continental hoi polloi in any way, shape or form (except of course for a bloody great tunnel).

You'd have somewhat of a point if you were speaking about Iceland, but as it stands you don't.

Antartica in but Central America out? ;)

Central Americans and Caribbeans are from North America. Oceania's missing, though.

copenhagen, denmark

That's funny, the large majority of Obsidian's target group (per definition, since Kickstarter) of the game are from Europe, not from the US. Also, what the **** happened to South America?

i guess europeans are more die hard fans of oldschool cRPG. especially russians and poles. at least they have huge communities for post-apocalyptic games (and cRPGs).

In the good old days it was Europe: PC, Japan: consoles, America: mixed. For better (eastern Europe) or worse (North America), times they've been a changing.

[...]Why would Russia?[...]

Because it lies both in Europe and Asia, obviously.

Then select according to whether you are from the European parts or the Asian colonies, duh.

Well, maybe because "continent" style poll does not make much sense here? Russia lies both in Asia and Europe, but we are different from both Europeans and Asians. And there's a LOT of diehard RPG fans here. The "region" style will give way more perspective on who is actually interested in this forum.

Just saying

Other than (remnants of) military bases and the overlying political organisation the vast Asian part doesn't particularly strike me as anything but Asian. And Russia proper is about as unique as every other European region. Doesn't change them culturally being decidedly European, let alone being so geographically, which is what this poll is about.
  • Like 1

Proud Probatanthrope @D:OS

Tor.com: Boob Plate Armor Would Kill You (cf. "ball plate armor" - Just think about it.)

Russia lies both in Asia and Europe, but we are different from both Europeans and Asians.

Sure. And the French are different from the Germans, the Swedes are different from the Norwegians... What were you saying?

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Howdy from France !

Well, hit me if you want (not in the ballz please !), but i can't prevent myself from observing the fact that the results of this poll speak out in favor for a FIGS localisation :grin:

Not in the ballz, remember ? :aiee:

Edited by Simonosaurus
  • Like 2

Backer of : Dead State, Grim Dawn, Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2.

Les jeux sont faits, rien ne va plus !

[...]Why would Russia?[...]

Because it lies both in Europe and Asia, obviously.

So does Turkey. Parts of the "Middle East" is arguably in both Africa and Asia.

Watch us not care.

Sweden, dangerously close to Denmark.

*second scaniafist*
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

California, USA.

I'm just so nice and warm living near LA. Nearing a Winter's day...

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Illinois, USA.

I must confess some surprise at how many from Europe there are, but it's also rather nice to know that there are fans from all over the world supporting the game. That probably sounds hokey.