• North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Antarctica (you never know)

copenhagen, denmark

That's funny, the large majority of Obsidian's target group (per definition, since Kickstarter) of the game are from Europe, not from the US. Also, what the **** happened to South America?

i guess europeans are more die hard fans of oldschool cRPG. especially russians and poles. at least they have huge communities for post-apocalyptic games (and cRPGs).

Edited by molarBear

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

That's funny, the large majority of Obsidian's target group (per definition, since Kickstarter) of the game are from Europe, not from the US. Also, what the **** happened to South America?

Technically it only means that the self-selected demographic of people answering a poll on Obsidian's forum (which may or may not be representative of the donor base) are largely from Europe.

However, given what I've heard about the gaming market in Central and Eastern Europe, it would not surprise me in the least to learn that the poll reflects the actual demographics of Obsidian's fan base. Which makes the importance of greenlighting a German, Polish, or Russian translation of the game more obvious.

I don't know. English is not my native language and I would feel insulted by a translation into my own language. Maybe they should consider a Spanish translation though, given the complete absence of Southern American backers...

• Like 2

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

North America here.

I notice that more people live on Antarctica than in Australia. Is life in Australia really that bad? I heard it was home to about the most dangerous creatures in existence, but it must be even worse than previously thought!

• Like 2

Yeah, you should come back to us, Sweden doesn't want you anyway - as part of Denmark you would be appriciated, loved and cherised. :brows:

No, no, no. In my ideal state, Jylland, Själland, Skåneland, Svealand, Götaland, Norrland, and Norge are semi-independent states in the glorious National Republic of Scandinavia. Far from a corrupt union or federation, it would be nothing less than a full national merger; 7 Countries, 1 Nation. Recognized dialects by municipality, which of course would also necessitate the acknowledgement of Scanian as a dialect of the Scandinavian language. :D

That said, if I was forced to choose, I would definitely choose to belong to Denmark than to Sweden, entirely for socio-political reasons. I'm Swedish, but I would have better rights and protection under Danish rule than we have under Stockholmer-Swedish oppression.

Yeah, you should come back to us, Sweden doesn't want you anyway - as part of Denmark you would be appriciated, loved and cherised. :brows:

If that happens, Luckmann will have to learn how to count again :p.

Worked 3 years in Denmark. I already know both how to speak, read and (mostly) count in Danish. :D That said, just don't ask me to write. Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 2

t50aJUd.jpg