The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU!

The Order needs someone with actual PS skill making those shields. They look abysmal right now, like something thrown together in a minute by a first time PS user.

Any volunteers? :cat:

And I don't claim to be a PS-pro but I think you should appreciate at least the fact that someone has done something at all. It's not what you say, but how you say it, you know... ;)

35167v4.jpg

Fellow brothers and sisters of the Obsidian Order! Welcome our newest members!

Khaine, Demon Lord of the Obsidian Order,

ddillon, Hellion of the Obsidian Order,

Terror K, Simple Tailor of the Obsidian Order,

Tobi, Apprentice of the Obsidian Order,

Gecimen, Bartender of the Obsidian Order and

arrowhead, Archer of the Obsidian Order!!

:yes:

• Like 1

:closed:

The Order needs someone with actual PS skill making those shields. They look abysmal right now, like something thrown together in a minute by a first time PS user.

Some of the shields are not very attractive, true. We need a template where you can simply write in the text... adding a personal picture for every shield is a lot of work though. I do also prefer LordCrash's shield design.

I am pretty good with Photoshop, but there is no way in hell that I am creating 150 shields for all of the members. :) We need a simple template where the users can update the shield's text online (the pic too if they want). Is there a way to do this online? Something like google docs but just as a paint program?

Or we just ban the personal shields and make an unpersonlized one that all members can use.

Edited by dlux

Or we just ban the personal shields and make an unpersonlized one that all members can use.

It's enough to stop them from spreading. Avatars are fine, but signatures will get annoying real fast.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

It's enough to stop them from spreading. Avatars are fine, but signatures will get annoying real fast.

Yeah, I guess. But the shields could also be hidden with a "spoiler".

I'd like to hear what the others have to say... and maybe have a democratic vote.

Let's see...

I count several shields in various forms. And just a single count on people who are displeased with it.

Besides, people who dislike seing signatures can disable them in their profile-preferences. Its even possible to disable specific users' signatures without resorting to completely ignoring them.

• Like 2
ObsidianOrder_Viking_125px.png

Let's see...

I count several shields in various forms. And just a single count on people who are displeased with it.

I just want to be democratic about it. These are my thoughts:

-the design of the shield we use (it should be official)

-where the shield may be placed: in the signature (with our without a spoiler), only as an avatar, only on the first page of our thread; a combination of these options

-should the shield be personalized or a standard unpersonalized one

-should they be banned

If everybody is fine with they way it is, then we will just leave it the way it is.

Edited by dlux

Yeah, I guess. But the shields could also be hidden with a "spoiler".

I'd like to hear what the others have to say... and maybe have a democratic vote.

:excl: No one is selling them or making money, geez, its just a bit of fun and if you dont like them in peoples sigs then block them and get over it. There not obligatory like its not for me to list what i am playing or reading, it makes me Unique which is in the spirit of Rpg's :yucky:

And i have said on numerouse occasions (after being contacted the moderator) that they need to be reduced to 100 pixles in the sig bar so they dont take up too much room

"The size is ok for Avatar on the Forum but you will need to

downsize to 100 pixles to add to the signiture bar"

Edited by mieu
  • Like 1

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

Some of the shields are not very attractive, true. We need a template where you can simply write in the text... adding a personal picture for every shield is a lot of work though. I do also prefer LordCrash's shield design.

I am pretty good with Photoshop, but there is no way in hell that I am creating 150 shields for all of the members. :) We need a simple template where the users can update the shield's text online (the pic too if they want). Is there a way to do this online? Something like google docs but just as a paint program?

I don't know what's the problem... Every user can choose an avatar and a signature he or she likes. If someone doesn't like the personal settings of other users, I don't give a damn thing, that's their decision and theirs alone. If somebody will create a general shield for the whole order I wouldn't complain but there is none yet and even if there would be one there is no obligation to use it.

I'm also pretty good in PS but I didn't have the time yet to create a better shield (I have a job and a famliy to care about) but perhaps I will improve my design in the future or even create a complete new one. I could also upload my PS template if somebody wants it but it wouldn't help people who are not trained enough with PS to integrate their emblems or names....

Let's see...

I just want to be democratic about it. These are my thoughts:

-the design of the shield we use (it should be official)

-where the shield may be placed: in the signature (with our without a spoiler), only as an avatar, only on the first page of our thread; a combination of these options

-should the shield be personalized or a standard unpersonalized one

-should they be banned

If everybody is fine with they way it is, then we will just leave it the way it is.

What the ****? This isn't a German association with rules for everything, this is just a bunch of people who wants to help the project a bit further. If a shield is that good that most of us decide to use it, perfect! But if not, who really cares? I will not support an idea which encourages people in their arrogance or intolerance....

• Like 3
35167v4.jpg

Do what you want, i'll still stand by my opinion that some of the shields are badly made. Nothing will change that.

:shrugz:

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

No rules? There's one you're already breaking.

Users may also create a signature that appears at the end of every post. Such signatures should remain at six lines or less of text without imagery, or at most two lines of text with imagery. All images, regardless of text configuration, must fit within a perimeter of 125 pixels high by 600 pixels long.

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

1.13 killed off Ja2.

:) If people dislike my shield I will remove it. Nakia is a rogue and not a knight. I just found it fun and enjoy fooling around with what mieu so kindly started.. Avatars and signatures are a matter of choice and some I like and some I don't. None of the shields are official. I do not have PS. I used Paint.net.

On this I am adamant that I will not change my avatar except at the order of a moderator. My signature will reflect who and what I support. Shields should not be mandatory.

Edited by Nakia
  • Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

What the ****? This isn't a German association with rules for everything, this is just a bunch of people who wants to help the project a bit further. If a shield is that good that most of us decide to use it, perfect! But if not, who really cares? I will not support an idea which encourages people in their arrogance or intolerance....

Does everybody have to shut the **** up in here or what? Is that your rule?

These were only my thoughts, nothing else. I am not forcing any rules upon anybody, I am just asking what everbody thinks and those are my thoughts. I really don't care if anybody uses a shield or not, I am just trying to be democratic and respect what everybody thinks and wants.

Edited by dlux

No rules? There's one you're already breaking.

Users may also create a signature that appears at the end of every post. Such signatures should remain at six lines or less of text without imagery, or at most two lines of text with imagery. All images, regardless of text configuration, must fit within a perimeter of 125 pixels high by 600 pixels long.

http://forums.obsidi...tion=boardrules

So, I reduced the size of my signature according to the forum rules. Thanks for your kind hint, apparently I didn't read the rules carefully enough.

• Like 1
35167v4.jpg

Does everybody have to shut the **** up in here or what? Is that your "German" rule?

God, just some recommendations and the bitching starts. I am not forcing any rules upon anybody, I am just asking WHAT EVERYBODY THINKS god damnit and those are my ****ing thoughts. I really don't care if anybody using a ****ing shield or not, I am just trying to be democraticand respect what everybody thinks.

No one has to shup up. I just don't see the point why everyone should change his signature or avatar only because somebody DISLIKES them. That's ridiculous. (Don't be offended, that's not your position, I know that). And the official rules of the forum should be satisfied, I'm certainly ok with that. And I don't want to start a deep discussion about that topic, so I will just quit it now. So once again, it wasn't my motivation to offend you or somebody else.

• Like 1
35167v4.jpg

Does everybody have to shut the **** up in here or what? Is that your "German" rule?

These were only my thoughts, nothing else. I am not forcing any rules upon anybody, I am just asking what everbody thinks and those are my thoughts. I really don't care if anybody uses a shield or not, I am just trying to be democratic and respect what everybody thinks.

Sorry, I think we have only one person who finds the shields offensive. I think they are fun.

• Like 2

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Not to be impatient, but it seems as you forgot me in your list. Have pledged the extra 8 and posted.

Hi Hans, I wanted to ask you about your title but then I forgot. Do You really want to be the "pervert" of the Obsidian Order? I don't want to sound prude, but I am not sure if that is an appropriate title. :)

@Nakia & LordCrash:

I am sorry that I lost my temper. I was just trying to be democratic and hear out what everybody thinks on this subject because somebody brought it up. I felt somewhat offended for being attacked, even though my stance on this subject is truly neutral.

But you are right, we don't need any rules. It is not a club or anything of the like, we are just fans. :)

We will just leave it at that. Let's just end the discussion.

• Like 2