The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU!

I don't think an inn would fit to the Order. An enemy encounter for the Order? Are we that evil? On the other hand placing a smaller reference would leave enough space for further exploration, maybe in a sequel. Let me hear your thoughts!

A small reference in the lore or tavern talk would really be enough. :)

obsidian-shield.jpg

Yes like

Our hero:Ever hear of the Obsidian Order around these parts?

Tavern yokol:Aye, they all got hooked on some new fangled board game and decided to retire, whole village nearly went up in smoke after that when the bandits came a calling :facepalm:

Our hero:hmmm, wonder if they could be persuaded to go adventuring again............ :bat:

• Like 1

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

A possibility to join the order is WAY too much in my opinion. Even a house with some random drunk (haha, that idea was fantastic :D) NPCs who pretend to be of the Obsidian Order would be asked pretty much. After all, we are doing this without asking for any kind of physical or digital reward, right? We're here to support the project, not to get into the game. Don't forget that, folks. :)

Anyway, dreaming is okay and if we really could get around 600 members... why collecting any extra money? It would be much eaiser to simply ask Obsidian. Or if we reach around 250 members (2000$+), maybe we can get one or two unique weapons of the Ancient Obsidian Order into the game (as a reference). ;)

Asking Obsidian (in a humble way) should be the best way! But until then we should try to get more members to additionally support the project. :)

Edit: I think we are close to 120 members. Edit: 122 ;)

I agree, if we continue to successfully welcome people to the Order we continue to raise extra funds for the project. I'm more comfortable with that approach, and if anything extra happens (as happened for example with the forum titles), that is a bonus, but not expected.

A possibility to join the order is WAY too much in my opinion. Even a house with some random drunk (haha, that idea was fantastic :D) NPCs who pretend to be of the Obsidian Order would be asked pretty much. After all, we are doing this without asking for any kind of physical or digital reward, right? We're here to support the project, not to get into the game. Don't forget that, folks. :)

Anyway, dreaming is okay and if we really could get around 600 members... why collecting any extra money? It would be much eaiser to simply ask Obsidian. Or if we reach around 250 members (2000$+), maybe we can get one or two unique weapons of the Ancient Obsidian Order into the game (as a reference). ;)

Asking Obsidian (in a humble way) should be the best way! But until then we should try to get more members to additionally support the project. :)

Edit: I think we are close to 120 members. Edit: 122 ;)

I would agree with that as well. And anyways, we do this to show our support. Asking or expecting a reward in return kinda nulifies that.

Edited by kenup
  • Like 3

If we go for a $1000 tier, I suggest to pick an NPC an not an Inn/Tavern.

We could design a storyteller/bard that sing BatNat song, have some lore/stories about the order and stuff like that.

Although, I think the best would be for Obsidian to create a bunch of naked dead NPCs in "dungeons/caves" with random Order member names.

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

And anyways, we do this to show our support. Asking or expecting a reward in return kinda nulifies that.

I agree. Having a forum title to remember and honour this initiative is neat enough, no?

Not that I don't appreciate your enthusiasm, Farudan!

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

A book that talks about the Ancient Obsidian Order and its many members throughout the ages, then goes on to catalogue stupid ways that some of them died from. :devil:

Though, modding tools are not in my priority wish list, perhaps we can add something like this, if third party programs allow it close after launch.

Edited by kenup

Although, I think the best would be for Obsidian to create a bunch of naked dead NPCs in "dungeons/caves" with random Order member names.

The Order do party like there won't be a tomorrow :p

or they ware loot so awesome that even the rats run off with it.

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

And anyways, we do this to show our support. Asking or expecting a reward in return kinda nulifies that.

I agree. Having a forum title to remember and honour this initiative is neat enough, no?

Not that I don't appreciate your enthusiasm, Farudan!

Yeah, we're still in the process to figure out our possibilities. So feel free to shoot straight forward. I definitely don't want to look greedy or damage the spirit behind our order. If there is a significant number of people that thinks so, I'm not going to vote for it. For me, it's not a question of simple majorities. I was definitely thinking about how to give the order some more meaning and this is one suggestion that was brought to me by several members of the order. I think it's okay to discuss this option. I also think we can do so and I'm willing to sort out the options but definitely not at all costs. It could damage the project as a whole if there is much quarrel. :)

Edited by Farudan

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

As caretaker of the list I would like to welcome our newest members!

Darkwatersong, Eleven Bard of the Order

ShadowHawk, Templar of the Obsidian Order

Eljei, Blademaster of the Obsidian Order

Kenup, Combat Illusionist of The Obsidian Order

Elfwyn, First Ranger of the Obsidian Order

Aser, Obsidian Order Cultist

Lars-Erik, Mutant Ambassador to the Obsidian Order

You will be added to the members list and receive your title soon! :)

Hello everyone!

What a great and funny idea! I just updated my pledge (from the early bird 20$ to 28$ and thought what the heck, might as well go for the 35$, I hope it still counts ^_^)

Fandil, Inquisitor of the Obsidian Order, ready to root out all the blaspheming heretics!

Sorry Fandil, we have unique titles, and Inquisitor has already been taken... :(

Dwarven Inquisitor, for example, would be ok though. :)

Gah, this gets confusing. My Nick is from an old RPG char so...

Well, let's just say Walkir, Knight Commander of the Order of the Goat, humbly requests to be admitted into the order. As a Knight would be fine, but the lowest tier okay.

(Damn 40 charcter limit over at Kickstarter, I had to shorten it down to "Obsidian Order of the Goat").

So, did anyone hear something about a chapterhouse for us in case we make the 2 million yet? That would be great, even if it's just useless (or maybe sell goat chesse^^).

Hey Walkir, We are the Obsidian Order of Eternity (and not of the Goat) :)

is "Walkir, Knight Commander of the Order Order" okay with you?

Edited by dlux

:closed:

I don't think an inn would fit to the Order. An enemy encounter for the Order? Are we that evil? On the other hand placing a smaller reference would leave enough space for further exploration, maybe in a sequel. Let me hear your thoughts!

No, we are not evil!

How about if we were some kind of legendary order, that has hidden many artifacts and weapons of great power?

We could also be some merry group of adventurers who fight for righteousness and justice! We hunt down any evil-doers and strike them down! heheh

Or we could be a group of PIRATES. YAHAAAR! lol ^^

Just some brainstorming. :)

I'm in both orders and had to get this into 40 characters. ;)

"Walkir, Knight Commander of the Order Order"... I think you have an "order" too many. ;)

"Walkir, Knight Commander of the Order Order"... I think you have an "order" too many. ;)

How about "Knight Commander of the Orders"? :yes:

About the enemy encounter: the Order is not all evil (although there are some members who are). But there were some times when duels to the death were not be seen evil but honourable. So about an enemy encounter with a group of the Order which will only want to know which group (player's group or the Order) is the best? It would be like a fight to death like in the ancient days of the glorious gladiators..... :dancing:

35167v4.jpg

A book that talks about the Ancient Obsidian Order and its many members throughout the ages, then goes on to catalogue stupid ways that some of them died from. :devil:

Though, modding tools are not in my priority wish list, perhaps we can add something like this, if third party programs allow it close after launch.

It would be an honor to die stupidly at the pen of MCA, tbh.

...........maybe some of us could stab ourselves in the eyes with pens.

Sword Sharpener of the Obsidian Order

(will also handle pitchforks and other sharp things)

No, we are not evil!

How about if we were some kind of legendary order, that has hidden many artifacts and weapons of great power?

We could also be some merry group of adventurers who fight for righteousness and justice! We hunt down any evil-doers and strike them down! heheh

Or we could be a group of PIRATES. YAHAAAR! lol ^^

Just some brainstorming. :)

Definitely a legendary order. And as resident archaeologist I know we have a nice collection of artifacts and weapons. The more mundane items are occasionally displayed in the Order's museum because, you know, they belong in a museum.

• Like 1

Woops, typo. ^^

Sure, you can be in both orders, but you need an Obsidian Order title for this forum. :)

But wait... I see that you already have a title. Why are you not in my list? ^^

Anyway, keep the title that you have (for this forum) or choose a new one. Tell me what it will be.

Edited by dlux

I'll just keep it.

The title might be because I had to contact the admin here to even get a forum account because their spam filter at registration delivered a false positive...

OK, done.

I had the same problem. Every .de address seems to be blocked, I had to use my gmail account in order to register here.