The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU!

Might have been asked already, but does this count anyone who pledged 8 or more dollars than the reward chosen before, or do we have to upgrade +8$?

You have to pledge at least $8 more than the tier you have selected, then you can become a member. ;)

:closed:

Welcome Lady Darkwatersong!

"You would not understand. No mortal possibly could. It is beyond the powers of comprehension of all but the most powerful of powers, and once they understand, they move beyond the veil of mortal comprehension. I can explain it no more than that. Perhaps, sometime, you will understand." - O

Gah, this gets confusing. My Nick is from an old RPG char so...

Well, let's just say Walkir, Knight Commander of the Order of the Goat, humbly requests to be admitted into the order. As a Knight would be fine, but the lowest tier okay.

(Damn 40 charcter limit over at Kickstarter, I had to shorten it down to "Obsidian Order of the Goat").

So, did anyone hear something about a chapterhouse for us in case we make the 2 million yet? That would be great, even if it's just useless (or maybe sell goat chesse^^).

Wow, there were just a handful of us when the Order started on Friday and look at it now!

Kudos to dlux for listing all members so carefully and to Farudan for (kick)starting it all!!

And thanks to Obsidian for recognising the Order of course! :thumbsup:

Just changed my avatar to reflect my new title a little better! ;)

Let's hope there will be many more members to follow!

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

Hello everyone!

What a great and funny idea! I just updated my pledge (from the early bird 20$ to 28$ and thought what the heck, might as well go for the 35$, I hope it still counts ^_^)

Fandil, Inquisitor of the Obsidian Order, ready to root out all the blaspheming heretics!

Edited by Fandil

Make your own shield, or use a ready made one (Knight of the lily, Knight of the Bramble and Knight of the Soul of the Obsidian Order)

We have already had a Knight of the Harp, Scribe,Chicken,Goat and a Knight of the Cube made!

just a bit of fun

You can use a shield affiliated to a current Knighthood (i.e. I am:Lich Battlemage of the Obsidian Order and Knight of the Bramble)

Or you can copy the template from my photo-bucket site and make your own.

The size is ok for Avatar on the Forum but you will need to

downsize to 100 pixles to add to the signiture bar

http://s1064.photobucket.com/albums/u372/Per3ia/

• Like 3

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

Elfwyn, First Ranger of the Obsidian Order - at your service.

Welcome to the Order Fandil & Elfwyn, First Ranger of the Obsidian Order :grin:

Edited by mieu

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

So my dear brethren and sisters,

I have to say I like your idea to give the order some reference within the game. I would really like to do this with your help. Of course we need to have a plan. We're talking about a lot of money and I'm looking for a solution that everybody feels comfortable with, a solution that gives everybody a chance to be an active part of the whole thing. Also I don't know yet if we should aim for the 1000 or 5000 tier. I do not have a final answer yet, so I do have to talk with some people about this directly. Feel free to post your ideas and propositions. You can also write me a PM or Email.

Greetings

Farudan

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

Well, they're building a whole world from scratch. Having some random house in a city dedicated to the Order would be a drop in the bucket.

Now, if it had any influence on the plot, sell weapons or something, that'd be different.

But personally, I'd be more than happy with some random house in a city where a bunch of drunken guys sits and pretends they're the mighty Obsidian Order.

hmm... not that easy to decided but i guess some mentioning or a book about a order that tried to change the world and failed miserably would something that could be done by obsidian.

But would be nice if it could be a joinable faction in the game or something like that

I say let`s try to go for the 1000 first and then if we can take it farther lets tackle the 5000 goal

I have to say I like your idea to give the order some reference within the game. I would really like to do this with your help. Of course we need to have a plan.

Gamebanshee is aiming for the $ 10,000 tier and if they reach it, "Obsidian is willing to build us a banshee-themed inn or tavern, a custom character, and a custom item".

If we're going at the $ 5,000 tier, we're getting an adventuring party of the Obsidian Order which the player needs to overcome. Does not sound that great. The order should not getting defeated, shouldn't it?

Looking at Gamebanshee's chipin, it looks like $ 10,000 is really hard to gain. So, maybe, we could get a special offer at, say $ 2,000, for a house, npc and some minor quest.

Well, Farudan, looks like you need to train your bargain/appraise skill a lot...

A reference to the Order - say in a book or told by a storyteller in a tavern - would certainly be a nice touch, but it needn't necessarily go further than that as far as I'm concerned.

Nevertheless I'm willing to support the idea of banding together and getting the Order in as a reward. Perhaps they could be a tough-as-nails enemy encounter, but that would require 5000$ ...

• Like 1

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

A possibility to join the order is WAY too much in my opinion. Even a house with some random drunk (haha, that idea was fantastic :D) NPCs who pretend to be of the Obsidian Order would be asked pretty much. After all, we are doing this without asking for any kind of physical or digital reward, right? We're here to support the project, not to get into the game. Don't forget that, folks. :)

Anyway, dreaming is okay and if we really could get around 600 members... why collecting any extra money? It would be much eaiser to simply ask Obsidian. Or if we reach around 250 members (2000$+), maybe we can get one or two unique weapons of the Ancient Obsidian Order into the game (as a reference). ;)

Asking Obsidian (in a humble way) should be the best way! But until then we should try to get more members to additionally support the project. :)

Edit: I think we are close to 120 members. Edit: 122 ;)

Edited by Kabraxis
  • Like 1

Companion Cube of the Obsidian Order

Need a companion? Or a cube? Join the Order now!

A possibility to join the order is WAY too much in my opinion. Even a house with some random drunk (haha, that idea was fantastic :D) NPCs who pretend to be of the Obsidian Order would be asked pretty much. After all, we are doing this without asking for any kind of physical or digital reward, right? We're here to support the project, not to get into the game. Don't forget that, folks. :)

Totally agree.

obsidian-shield.jpg

Well, Farudan, looks like you need to train your bargain/appraise skill a lot...

I'm on it. Already started training. :)

My guess is, 10.000 $ is utopic. 1.000 seems to be within reach, I've already comitments for about 10% of it. 5.000 would mean much efford.

I don't think an inn would fit to the Order. An enemy encounter for the Order? Are we that evil? On the other hand placing a smaller reference would leave enough space for further exploration, maybe in a sequel. Let me hear your thoughts!

Edited by Farudan

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)