The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU!

This has really picked up some steam, awesome to see Fio helping with it as well. I went ahead and pitched in $8 extra on top of my Collector's Edition pledge.

I really have no idea what my title should be. I've been an Arch-mage forever. I'll have to think on that.

An idea that may appeal to some small few (not me because I'm not quite that rich!):

We could have "Lords of the Obsidian Order" or some such; Who up their contributions by $88 dollars. Just a thought. :)

The Obsidian Orders Royal Pain

"Ouch"

I think the order was a great idea and I think the 8 buck was perfectly reasonable. I think the idea can be pushed too far and eventually splinter the community here. I could be wrong and I'm sure Obsidz would rather have the 88 buck 'Lord' idea put in place. I'm not slamming you, Red, just sayin'.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I think the order was a great idea and I think the 8 buck was perfectly reasonable. I think the idea can be pushed too far and eventually splinter the community here. I could be wrong and I'm sure Obsidz would rather have the 88 buck 'Lord' idea put in place. I'm not slamming you, Red, just sayin'.

That's fine Cantousent, I'm just an idea sort of guy, I like launching ideas, whether or not they are good is up to each individual to decide. (And I agree this $8 order was an excellent idea) You know if all the current backers added $8 dollars to their pledge that would be over 350,000 dollars added? Yikes!

The Obsidian Orders Royal Pain

"Ouch"

Joined in.

The Holy Hand Grenade of the Obsidian Order

Edited by Holy Cheese
  • Like 1

"And Priestess Cadegund raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'Oh Magran, bless this thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest blow thy enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.'"

This has really picked up some steam, awesome to see Fio helping with it as well. I went ahead and pitched in $8 extra on top of my Collector's Edition pledge.

I really have no idea what my title should be. I've been an Arch-mage forever. I'll have to think on that.

Archmage of the Obsidian Order?

Obsidian Order Archmage?

Don't think I would like the Order getting elitist. $8 will be affordable to many. But I think $88 is pushing it.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I see an $8 pledge in there! Welcome to the Obsidian Order of Eternity! Please brother, choose a title! :)

Oh, nice. :>

Lexx, Adventurer of the Obsidian Order would fancy me, I'll guess.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I saw this thread and liked the idea, so I added 8 dollars to my pledge.

I'd like to be known as Purple Demon of the Obsidian Order.

Edit: When I saw the term Obsidian Order I kept thinking that I'd heard the term before. I just remembered! There was a Cardassian organization in "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" with that name.

Edited by faeriehunter

Woohoooo, got my title, thanks Obsidian :)

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

And Welcome to the Order all those who have pledged an extra $8 recently, including and not limited to (I'm working off this one page of entries so apologies to any missed earlier - iPads have working limitations :) ):

Archon Stormraven The Obsidian Order's Fallen Archon

FaerieHunter Purple Demon of the Obsidian Order

Mieu Lich Battlemage of the Obsidian Order

Vervain Warlord Prince of the Obsidian Order

Lexx Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

I salute all members, new & current.

Paul D Obsidian Order Poultry Inspector

Edited by Paul D
  • Like 1

Wow, so many new members of the Order and still growing. More than 70 new comments since I left yesterday, actually quite pleasent to read. A warm welcome to all new members of the Order!

That's fine Cantousent, I'm just an idea sort of guy, I like launching ideas, whether or not they are good is up to each individual to decide. (And I agree this $8 order was an excellent idea) You know if all the current backers added $8 dollars to their pledge that would be over 350,000 dollars added? Yikes!

I agree to Cantousent. I didn't want to create a hierarchy by money, nor such high barriers that would exclude people or prevent them from joining. But that doesn't mean pledging some money has to be the end of it, so thinking of the future is definitely welcome! We have some extremely creative and talented people. I think there are more possibilities to activate and use these powers. And there is beauty in it, when it is given voluntarily and wholeheartedly. For example I just loved the two songs Armand Mirpour wrote for Project Eternity. Great stuff! Like to see more of it.

Edit: Just saw, now it's three songs. Great guy. :)

-
-

Reminds me of the Broken Sword "Order of the Goat"!

I think that was the inspiration

Yes, it is. I actually borrowed a link to the history of the Order and it 's predecessors in the Revolution forums, you can find it in my ininital posting. :)

Greetings... Riggo here... Founding father of many of the previous kickstarter orders/pledge boosters previous to this one. :-)

Henceforth will be known as some form of Pickled Liver of the Order... Working out which I like at this point. :-)

Hey Riggo, glad you're in. You did some amazing work in supporting these kickstarter projects. Hope you don't mind. :)

Wow. Alright, I can add $8 on top of what I pledged. No problem. Title... yeah, I don't know.

Pathfinder of the Order?

Now going through Feargus' Q&As on Kickstarter and all the new interviews posted yesterday, looking for new details about the game.

Edited by Farudan

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

I just counted the members list on the first page of the thread and according to it, currently we have 64 members. With $8 per member that's $512 extra. Might not sound much, but look at it like this: I don't know how much an average developer earns per month, but my guess would be, that we paid already someone to work for about a week. Also, we can consider this a lower limit, since (at least I'm convinced that) many who joined increased their pledge by more than $8.

Crystalmancer of the Obsidian Order

Wow. Alright, I can add $8 on top of what I pledged. No problem. Title... yeah, I don't know.

Well judging from your avatar I would suggest coach.

Edit: Just saw, now it's three songs. Great guy. :)

-
-

Anyone else think that this guy has earned a honorary membership to the Obsidian Order?

(Assuming that he isn't already a member.)

Be warned I'm dyslectic so there may be some typos and what-not in my posts.

In for a penny, in for a pound; I'll gladly show extra support to Obsidian and the project. I've upped my pledge by $13 dollars. :grin:

I'd like to be known as... Purseliberator of the Obsidian Order.

What greater cause is there, than the jingling of coin in my pocket?

...the jingling of coin in your pocket.