I was originally going to make this a poll but I think it would be unfair to interject my thoughts and expect you to choose from what I want.

So first I want to ask everyone reading this forum -- and I do mean everyone -- what do you want as stretch goals for this game above 2.2 million? Let's start at 2.5 million perhaps.

My own understanding is that it costs them ~.2 million (200 grand or 200,000 dollars) to come up with a unique set of locations and plot pertinent to a quest and interactive features in these areas with a little to spare (such as might go into a new companion). This must be because they do not intend to use "repainted tile sets" but rather compose entirely unique illustrations for each of these regions.

Keep in mind that I think you're a better judge than I what they're capable of. I still think they should include an ANSI rogue-like version of this game at the 5 million stretch mark. Maybe a theme restaurant at the seven million point. I'm still wondering how much of this will go towards advertising or if they expect that report from game journals will be sufficient.

The following are my suggestions only.

At 2.5 million they might have enough to add post-game adventuring (so that theirs is the only game you play between expansions to their game). This might include altered text for all surviving NPC, gravesites for dead NPC, and other nifty things. To this, if this weren't enough

At 2.8 million they might include touchy-feelies (as per Infocom) along with the boxed set, such as magic scrolls and other inexpensive toys.

At 3.0 million perhaps they could add a huge dungeon, increase their monster total, and perhaps have an island to sail to, include a new companion (a sailor or corsair), and a forbodingly large sea vessel as a second "home".

At 3.3 million they should seriously consider adding a few mini-games and not cheap ones. Digital cards should appear in the game. Maybe hire Dame Darcy and other noted illustrators to assist with making lovely cards. Enochian chess is an interesting structure, so consider adding a modified version of that? It might be cool to have player bought gaming dens as a pledge reward if you do something like this.

At 3.6 million consider adding mounts and mounted battle. This could change the face of the game in many ways.

At 4 million add sea faring and vessels, sea battle too (even emergent game-play sea battle). There should be sea monsters and another island.

We all know it will go past this and I think they'll have more money than they know what to use for game purposes but I think that other suggestions I'd like to make (but am unsure of the legality of or the Kickstarter permission for) are a web-browser game like Dragon Age: Legends, a paper and pen role-playing game and magazine, a miniatures game, a trading card game, and maybe even a LARP. Yes, I'd like to see a theme restaurant too but I think it would be also something of a gaming event. :) And yes, I want to see an ANSI graphics rogue-like from them based on this game. Maybe a pay-for text based MU* also.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

I like where they're going with what they already have. New classes, new companions, new areas. Though also like your idea of increasing the number of monsters.

I don't know if a post-game seems like a good stretch goal. They may already have it. Some players may not want it period. Mini-games can bugger off. Mounted combat is something I fear turning into a mini-game instead of a regular feature.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Post game adventuring really depends on the story they're telling. For all we know it might not even make sense. What is the fixation RPG developers have with minigames I never could quite tell and mounts and sailing seem like something not worthy of a tier by itself. I'd rather they focused on more quests and branching content then a feature like mounted combat which seems out of scope when you only control about 6 guys. In dungeons,

Say no to popamole!

I like where they're going with what they already have.

They don't seem to be stating what they'll add above 2.2 million. I'm not sure they know what they'd do with six million and there's predictions that they'll get around seven to eight million. I think they should start a theme restaurant and nightclub. Maybe even a theme restaurant and nightclub chain.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

I like where they're going with what they already have.

They don't seem to be stating what they'll add above 2.2 million. I'm not sure they know what they'd do with six million and there's predictions that they'll get around seven to eight million.

I don't really see that happening. But if by some miracle it does, adding new areas, new classes, and new companions would be a good use of it. Maybe we could see a Baldur's Gate 2 size roster at that pledge level.

I think they should start a theme restaurant and nightclub. Maybe even a theme restaurant and nightclub chain.
Well, what I really want is that they use the money to relocate to Dallas. Or maybe just hold the launch party in Dallas.
  • Like 1

I think in a way you're right, they should keep adding companions, areas, and such -- but I also think new features are warranted and possible. I especially would like to see an ANSI rogue-like come of their design house. Maybe a paid-for text-based MU*.

They don't seem to be stating what they'll add above 2.2 million. I'm not sure they know what they'd do with six million and there's predictions that they'll get around seven to eight million. I think they should start a theme restaurant and nightclub. Maybe even a theme restaurant and nightclub chain.

they will have a hard time reaching 2.5mio without added localisation or a toolset... and they will never reach 4mio+. you know that this imbecile prediction is just the most simple mathematics, right? it's average daily pledges multiplied with the days left and summarized with the amount reached. this whole formula is totally out of place and resembles in now way the reality.

having said that all your stretched goals won't help to add a huge amount of pledges. in the 3 weeks left they need to announce a toolset, localization, perhaps screens for what artistic goal they're aiming and definitely lots of press.

I think that now that we know Obsidian are using Unity just like Wasteland 2 and Shadowrun, the odds that full modding support will appear as a stretch goal increased significantly.

I got a full licence to Unity as part of a compaign they were having. I'm going to do a lot of tutorials this weekend.

:)

• Like 1

The ability to roll up all six characters for replay value after you've already played with all of the pre-written ones. As long as it doesn't add too much extra development time to do so.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

For me the big thing I would like to see is CO-OP multiplayer for up to 4 players. All who have a chance to interact as part of the questline. Perhaps there is a random roll like in The Old Republic for who gets to speak during a particular conversation. That would leave 2 party slots open for NPCs and their resulting storyline.

Mounts and other modes of travel like ships, airships, etc.

Mod tools are great for the community.

I think with a bloody two hundred thousand dollars they could start a magazine about their game world with short stories and cultural articles and personality profiles, a PnP role-playing game hopefully working with Steve Perren and Moon Design Publication (they've just republished Rune Quest in a sixth edition), and maybe even an official fan club with actual assigned designation and duties.

I think with a bloody two hundred thousand dollars they could start a magazine about their game world with short stories and cultural articles and personality profiles, a PnP role-playing game hopefully working with Steve Perren and Moon Design Publication (they've just republished Rune Quest in a sixth edition), and maybe even an official fan club with actual assigned designation and duties.

I think the vast majority would want to see those resources put into the game proper, not tie-ins.
  • Like 1

Tie-ins could be sprinkled through their typical offers of increase of area and NPC.

Yet maybe it is best if they add more interactive possibility to increase variety and immersion, such as an interactive economy, card games, a sport, an aggregating hypertexted lore encyclopedia (aggregates lore as the character learns more), combat options, greater facilitation of cities, wider use of skills, etc.

I think the vast majority would want to see those resources put into the game proper, not tie-ins.