Tattoos, yes or no?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a tattoo system similar to the one in Planescape: Torment?

The tattoos in PS:T worked because they were unique and interesting to that game. You didn't have armor, so instead you used tattoos. Here, we have armor, so tattoos seem like trying to shoe-horn in something that doesn't fit. I'd rather the devs stick to their vision and make character equipment and customization that fits with the game.

• Like 3

The tattoos in PS:T worked because they were unique and interesting to that game. You didn't have armor, so instead you used tattoos. Here, we have armor, so tattoos seem like trying to shoe-horn in something that doesn't fit. I'd rather the devs stick to their vision and make character equipment and customization that fits with the game.

Well certainly it has to fit into the game; I could see tattoos as something that could work *if* there is a monk (unarmed, unarmored) type class as a way they could still have a large number of options, for example.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Where's the "I don't care" option?

That said, I don't really think it makes a whole lot of sense, unless you happen to have a character that can rip off and re-apply said skin/tattoos.

Hmm, of course you will not actually rip off tattoos, you just remove them by magic or technique.

Great feature of PST and something that would definitely give PE that "spiritual successor to Planescape" feel.

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

If so, they should be easily moddable. I may want tattoo options that aren't available in game.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Sure, tattoos are cool and I loved the tattoo system in Torment but tattoos made sense in that universe - they were like pieces of armor. I'm not sure they would carry the same meaning in Eternity where they already have equipable armor (I assume). It would be cool to have them but we do not know enough of the game's world to know whether they would really fit.

Peace... piece... of mind

I agree with this. I loved the tattoos in PS:T, and I would like something that follows in that tradition, but I think something as specific as tattoos will be a rehash of the past.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

If they're fitting for the setting sure. If not, no. If it were something similar, sure, as long as it's fitting for the setting. Given we have armor and such though (from what we've been told)? . . . I don't know that such a system would even be needed.

Edited by Umberlin

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"