Please make the game highly moddable and release a good toolset as one of your stretch goals

I dont really need anymore explanation for why this would be a great thing to include than to simply point at the original neverwinter nights.

Now in all honesty i have no clue how hard this will be to implement or even if it will be practical in the game you are creating but if it is it would add more replayability and value for money than anything else ever could. again just look at what the neverwinter nights mod community did for that game.

Edited by Perderabo

I think this depends ENTIRELY on the engine they chose, and licensing an existing engine is far faster and easier than creating one from scratch (which is what they did with Infinity Engine, hence they were able to release tools on their own), and a licensed product may not allow or have player-level mod tools...

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I agree, but this should be a much higher stretch goal, maybe close to $3 Mil. Maybe this would be easier if there were sequels to PE after it makes a huge profit (hopefully). I loved all the NWN mods and I have to admit that I liked the Tortured Hearts mod way more than the original story line (before the expansions). I still go back and play a new mod in the NWN toolset just for fun. Anyways, this would be nice but I'm not holding out for now.

As i said i understand if this is not possible for technical or , now that you mention it, legal reasons. But if it is possible dont you think it would be a great idea for one of the stretch goals? even if it is for the 3 or 4 or even 5 million mark i am sure it is a feature that people would be more than ready to donate for

Edited by Perderabo

It might be part of the to-be-announced stretch goals. Probably will be included once they announce the engine,

Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

Has there ever been a game with 2d pre rendered backgrounds release modding tools?

Also, isn't this like the seventh thread regarding this?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm sure people would find a way to mod the game (BG anyone?) but having a toolset released by the developers would be great! Adding in an easy (relatively) way to modify or add to the game really increases its value and makes its replay value that much more.

I'm sure it would be easy enough to release the scripting tools and such, but anything the level of NWN or NWN2 will be impossible with the style of game they're going with.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm sure it would be easy enough to release the scripting tools and such, but anything the level of NWN or NWN2 will be impossible with the style of game they're going with.

I'd agree with that. But just scripting tools by themselves would be a relief to have. A dialogue tree editor, too.

I hope modding will be possible. Mods to extend the life of a game keeping alive and on the market much longer. It benefits both the player and the developer.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I also hope modding will be possible but I would be very disappointed if the devs created a NWN style toolkit. Creating such a thing would take a vast amount of work and time which would be better spent making the game itself more awesome.

I wouldn't mind an RPG creation kit along those lines as a separately developed piece of software at all - a developer could really concentrate on making it as user friendly, versatile and easy to use as possible - enabling computer illiterates to make sprawling RPG epics would be a fantastic achievement - one that neither NWN toolkit managed either.

However, I would rather obsidian focussed on making the best SP game they can

Yeah, I really hope this happens too. Tapping the creativity of your user base basically allows you to harness the productivity of your fans to increase the value of your product for "free." Obviously a toolset would be a pretty significant project, but hopefully they make it as mod-friendly as possible given the amount they raise.