Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Project Eternity: Wiki

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

PangaeaACDC

PangaeaACDC

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Steam:Kill it with fire!
  • Deadfire Backer

Thanks for the comments. Firstly, I just want to reiterate that the page I linked to is a "testing area", and very much a "Work in Progress". The questionmarks should be proper icons, white space removed, maybe some links removed and others added. I just added a bunch off the top of my head while working on the design itself. The code can be very "snow-flakey".

The logo can be removed or reduced if that is the desire. I've been recommended to put something more visual there to easier identify the wiki, as lots of users won't be hard-core fans of the game. But like I said, it's a work in progress, and I'm sure lots will change between now and whatever design we end up with.

Secondly, there is still a lot to do with the POE1 part of the wiki, and once we know more about Deadfire, there will of course be plenty to do with that on the wiki. I've put in a lot of hours over the last 2-3 months, but also have a full-time job, so time is naturally a bit limited. Hopefully more people join the effort, especially when we know more about POE2.

It wasn't twice as large btw ;) I reduced the size by 100 pixels, think it's 400 now.

draego

draego

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Its good you are working on the wiki. I added some stuff a while back to the spells to make them more table looking because i couldnt stand having to click on each individual spell to find the info and i didnt even finish all those. So i get its a lot of tedious work to get the info down.

Edited by draego, 25 October 2017 - 09:57 AM.

PangaeaACDC

PangaeaACDC

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

It can certainly be mundane and monotonous to insert lots of data, which is actually one of the reasons I started working more on the layout again. The good news with the "behind-the-scenes" stuff I've been doing is that, once that is done, much of the data can be generated automatically for overview pages like all spells and such. That way we only have to insert the data on the page of the item/character/quest/whatever. At least that's what I'm trying to achieve. Not as straightforward with some types of data, but it should at least be better than having to "hard-code" everything everywhere, often meaning the same info in 4-5 pages. Then a patch comes out and changes stuff, and soon enough hundreds of pages are outdated.

• draego likes this

PangaeaACDC

PangaeaACDC

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Perhaps this is a fitting place to ask? I'm working on the ability pages. Many seem to be outdated or poorly maintained, so I need to go through all 400+ and fix them (!!). In that task, it would greatly help if it was possible to get the relevant information about abilities and their effects from the game files. I've tried to look around with Unity Studio, but without much luck. Do anybody know if it's possible to access the information somewhere, in a reasonably easy-to-understand fashion?

Maybe such access would help me to structure it better on the wiki too. Kind of hard to get it to look sensible, while splitting up the data, which I assume is a challenge for the game UI guys too for complex stuff like this :)

As for the frontpage, I've reduced the logo for now, and in the WIP page (linked to earlier) have put it somewhere else. That page is very much a work-in-progress, but there will be changes at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users