Project Eternity: Wiki

• 2 weeks later...

BTW there s another wiki I found:

http://orcz.com/PillarsofEternity

It's not the official one and it's fan/community maintained, but it still has lots of cool info. I have it bookmarked as well in addition to the original one and I usually refer to both

Edited by DruidX

Join the Orcz and help scribe everything that goes on in the world of Pillars of Eternity!

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki

Maybe we should at least start removing all the blatantly incorrect information from the various pages, so that people don't get confused when trying to look stuff up on it at release?

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Maybe we should at least start removing all the blatantly incorrect information from the various pages, so that people don't get confused when trying to look stuff up on it at release?

Indeed we should, although it would help if we either

• Post here about any errors or blatantly incorrect information that we notice, instead of rely on the psychic powers of our fellow fans.
  • Fix our self any issues we encounter (just click edit), or if you are uncomfortable with editing note it on the discussion tab there (or here).
After all there has been a lot of changes since the project start and beta release, and many will follow with game and sourcebooks release. The Wiki as community resource rely on us.

It's not the official one and it's fan/community maintained, but it still has lots of cool info.

Both the official and orcs are fan/community maintained, from my experience with orcs in the past, its rarely get traction and ends up as screenshot spam.

Hello everyone! I'm the new Wiki Manager and I'm here to help with any questions, issues, maintenance and updating of information on the wiki. Are there a specific topics that anyone feels needs to be focused on first with the launch coming up in just a couple days?

If anyone has questions or needs assistance, you can post in this thread, PM me here, or leave a message on my wiki talk page. Happy gaming! :grin:

Indeed we should, although it would help if we either

• Post here about any errors or blatantly incorrect information that we notice, instead of rely on the psychic powers of our fellow fans.
  • Fix our self any issues we encounter (just click edit), or if you are uncomfortable with editing note it on the discussion tab there (or here).
After all there has been a lot of changes since the project start and beta release, and many will follow with game and sourcebooks release. The Wiki as community resource rely on us.

As Tort pointed out, it'd be helpful to at least flag out-of-date information so someone can come behind you and update it. I have created a template to help with this. Just put {{Outdated}} at the top of an article that has issues and that will add it to the Outdated articles category so we know what needs to be fixed. Adding a reason would be even more helpful: {{Outdated|Resolve now affects Concentration, Deflection, and Will.}}

Post updated.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

BanjoBlack, that's not supposed to happen. If you can provide further information, we can track it down and keep it from happening in the future. Please let me know what pages, time, ad (and where the ad links), if you can. As much information as you can remember helps. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

I can't log into the wiki currently. It keeps saying my password is incorrect. If I log in to curse.com that works correctly, and then if I click from there to gamepedia, I remain logged in, but then if I click on the pillars of eternity wiki link from there it takes me to the main page, but not logged in any more.

Also, after trying to log in twice, it showed me a captcha that says "type the two words in the picture", but it showed an image with 3 numerical digits and no words. I tried again after that with same result.

I've been updating quest pages with the journal entries following a standardised format, which I'll explain here in case anyone wants to help out. Here's an example of it in action: http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/The_Hermit_of_Hadret_House -- you can copy the formatting from the source of the page.

First off, you'll need to open up two files: the localisation file for the quest (which will, at least based on my GOG version, be somewhere under installpath/PillarsOfEternity_Data/data/localized/en/text/quests) and the quest file itself (installpath/PillarsOfEternity_Data/data/quests/). They'll open with any basic text editor like Notepad.

Look at the localisation file and copy in the entries as follows.

First row: the quest description (which will always be ID 10000).

Next, the objectives (which have IDs running 1, 2, 3, etc.) in bold. I order these roughly according to their logical order in the game itself rather than by ID.

Then, the descriptive entries under each objective in italics (IDs 100XX, where XX is the ID of the objective).

Each objective will also have addendums, which have IDs running 20000, 20001, etc. To figure out which addendum fits to which objective you need to look at the quest file itself and search for <AddendumIDs> tags. The numbers listed in these tags will correspond to the last digits of the addendum IDs, so for example <int>1</int> means that addendum 20001 belongs to that particular objective. To figure out which objective that is, look at the <NodeID> tag above. <NodeID>1</NodeID> will correspond to objective 1. Enter the addendums in italics in the order they're listed in the quest file.

Finally, add the end states from the localisation file, in normal text since they're written at the top in-game. These will have IDs running 30000, 30001, etc. For fail states I'll put a unicode cross in the "End" column, otherwise a checkmark . These end states will be listed with short technical descriptions towards the top of the quest file, in the <EndStates> tag, and fail states will generally be marked explicitly as such.

The <ExperienceType> and <ExperienceLevel> tags in the quest file will provide numbers for those fields on the infobox.

I also wrote some short pages for Thaos, Iovara, and two things that get mentioned in the past life flashbacks which might be worth double-checking. I really think there ought to be a specific title for the Watcher in their past life to make these less confusing, but the game doesn't give one as far as I know!

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Thaos

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Iovara

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Creitum

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Inquisition

Edited by SeferZohar
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Is the wiki still supported by anyone? I went there yesterday and fixed the details on level 1 wizard spells because there was literally not a single spell with correct and complete data.

I also think Obsidian, because nobody else can tell for certain on this, should provide some data on attack/recovery/reload speeds calculation, so it can find its place in the wiki.

• Like 1

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

• 2 months later...

Anyone know of any good methods for getting the icons for new abilities/items? I'd like to add images for the new content in White Marches, but I'd rather not upload screen shots of the icons.

I checked the data files, but the only usable images I found were character portraits.

I'll check that out, thanks!

Edit: Okay, so the whole thing disunity is rather technical, with batch files and jar executables and whatnot. I'm not computer-savvy at all, so I think I'll leave this to more qualified people.

Edited by Mechalibur

• 6 months later...

Is the wiki still getting updated?

For instance, I came across an extra option for Lord Sidric visiting the Stronghold, that isn't mentioned in the Wiki.

It involves good reputation with the Doemenels, and looks similar to the mentioned use of Devil of Caroc

Don't recall exactly which missions it was now, but some I checked out in the wiki didn't have much details.

I'm wary of messing up things, but could try to add if the usual maintainers are inactive now.

(edit: I've added the little piece to Caed Nua: don't kill me!! :D)

Edited by PangaeaACDC