Project Eternity: Wiki

Yes, I founded The Vault, initially at Duck and Cover, then at Wikia, and now moved to http://falloutwiki.com - Wikia has kept its copy of the contents (renamed now to Nukapedia) but most of the active admins have moved with me.

I was shocked when Wikia banned you last year. Anyway, glad to see you on Project Eternity and Wasteland 2 wikis Ausir . thumbsup.gif

You can be banned on Wikia for just about anything, especially if the admins are corrupt.

t50aJUd.jpg

The title of the site is "Official Project Eternity Wiki". Is it somehow endorsed by Obsidian? Or how is it official?

It is.

Actually, the site itself maintains that it has no affiliation with Obsidian.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The title of the site is "Official Project Eternity Wiki". Is it somehow endorsed by Obsidian? Or how is it official?

It is.

It is.

Isn't it endorsed (not in the sense of actually affilated) as the official wiki though?

Isn't it endorsed (not in the sense of actually affilated) as the official wiki though?

I'm not aware of an endorsement. Not to say it isn't so.

From this thread

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60355-project-eternity-wiki/#entry1195504

Officially recognized and supported by Obsidian, yes. Trust me, I've already talked to them about it. original.gif I wouldn't have used the word otherwise.

Thank you.

ack! no entry for the obsidian order yet? how do those wiki-things work? I must remedy this iniquity at once!

IMO, the wiki should contain information, not have entries about fan groups as cool as they are.

Exactly! Add an entry for the OOoE when the creators reveal how we will be implemented in the game (not sooner!). And then (finally) all the people will now just how cool we really are! :wub:

• Like 4

photo-43672.jpg?_r=1349795749
"Which is more the fool: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

ack! no entry for the obsidian order yet? how do those wiki-things work? I must remedy this iniquity at once!

IMO, the wiki should contain information, not have entries about fan groups as cool as they are.

Exactly! Add an entry for the OOoE when the creators reveal how we will be implemented in the game (not sooner!). And then (finally) all the people will now just how cool we really are! :wub:

that all sounds very reasonable! great idea with the wiki by the way!

• Like 1

Would it be possible to add developer profiles to the wiki? I really like being able to look up developers as they're mentioned and look at what they've done in the past as a means of judging what they do well.

Yup, though if possible we should use the profiles from the Vault as a template. Though, Ausir would have to say how he wants it.

If you have currently a question about the developers and their previous work you can ask me.

You are pretty great with that, C2B. I was asking mainly so those things would all be one place (and because I knew you were here and might contribute), but I wouldn't mind knowing what you know about Rob Nesler. His role in other games and his role in PE.

He is the Lead Artist. In the Pitch Video the guy who you see shortly going *boom* with his hands, then to the drawing board.

http://robnesler.com/bio.html

Basically, he started out as an Artist at Interplay. Then became Art Director (later on Art Technical Director) at Interplay, which gave him higher level (managing not direct) involvment with many of Interplay's titles including Fallout and Baldur's Gate II.

As for direct involment, he was the rendering director on Stonekeep, Earthworm Jim 3D and was involved in Interplay's Fallout 3 (though I do not know in which capacity) among other stuff.

He then went on to be Art Director on Enter the Matrix and Hunted: Demon's Forge

You can look at his work here

http://robnesler.com/portfolio.html

Edit: Naturally, this info may not be 100% correct for obvious reasons.

Edited by C2B

Good on you. Thanks to the OP for getting this started.

I would think it is far easier to start this now and add to it as content is reveled than wait and try to do it all at once when the game is released.

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.