Magic vs. Firearms

Maybe whatever my google-image ripped avatar is casting, seems nasty.

But I can always Conjure a musketball and fire it with telekinesis. For irony.

Or Illusions because the musket is unlikely to hit already, worse if the person's seeing double.

For a good measure, I'll also Conjure alcohol into his bloodstream.

Edited by Delterius
  • Like 1

Or Illusions because the musket is unlikely to hit already, worse if the person's seeing double.

with a musket, at anything but extreme close range, he would be just as likely to still hit you even if he was aiming at your mirror image 3 metres to your right

• Like 1

I'd try to blind him with my stupid looking pointy assed wizard's hat, take his weapon, shoot him with it, and then I'd cast pyrotechnics to celebrate.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

with a musket, at anything but extreme close range, he would be just as likely to still hit you even if he was aiming at your mirror image 3 metres to your right

Oh, didn't think about a assumption that he's already close.

Well, illusions of yourself might still be useful, depending on the situation and especially how it came to be.

Maybe Conjuring Mud to jam the wheelock and soak the gunpowder?

Obvious: while the heathen firearms user tries to arm his crude weapon, I Charm some peons, perhaps his allies, to wander into the already haphazard line of fire. Should that fail, my shimmering form, aura of sustenance and, frankly, superbly crafted plate armour should repel the missile...

sonsofgygax.JPG

Harsh language.

What film is it where the big bads doing his expository menacing only to be blown away mid gloat by a six shooter? It's seriously swiss cheesing my noodle trying to remember.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Harsh language.

What film is it where the big bads doing his expository menacing only to be blown away mid gloat by a six shooter? It's seriously swiss cheesing my noodle trying to remember.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - Arab guy does fancy moves with a scimitar, only to be given the good news with a .38

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG

Ah thank you, that must be it.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!