The possibility of LGBT characters in Project Eternity - Official Thread

And it doesn't piss off 80% of the people playing the game, once they realise (and it's pretty clear in this case) that it has been forced in by a pressure group. Additionally, one accusing those who disagree of a mental illness (so-called homophobia is considered one).

Gay people are going to exist whether you like it or not so you may as well just get on it with it rather than let it cause you stress.

Obviously they should be included in the setting, it would be far less rich without them. Greek culture virtually gave birth to advanced mathematics and philosophy, history would be majorly different and poorer without them. That said they should be represented equally so that along with Spartan heroics we also get a culture that performed state sponsored pederasty and slavery. There's no simplified and blatant good or bad moral lectures being performed.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

And it doesn't piss off 80% of the people playing the game, once they realise (and it's pretty clear in this case) that it has been forced in by a pressure group. Additionally, one accusing those who disagree of a mental illness (so-called homophobia is considered one).

By the way, I got my first formal warning. A toast! :dancing:

Nobody is trying to force anything in. If Obsidian wants to include GLBT characters and themes, they'll do it. If they don't want to, they won't. What we're discussing is that IF they are included, how would we like them to be integrated and what themes would we like to see. Does this mean Obsidian is required to include them? No. But it does give them ideas that they may utilize in the story to make a better, fuller world.

Obviously they should be included in the setting, it would be far less rich without them. Greek culture virtually gave birth to advanced mathematics and philosophy, history would be majorly different without them. That said they should be represented equally so that along with Spartan heroics we also get a culture that performed state sponsored pederasty and slavery. There's no simplified and blatant good or bad moral lectures being performed.

...also zoophilia and pedophilia were legal in Ancient Greece. And this is not sarcasm.

Edited by Entropious
  • Like 3

Take it easy man, the mods here are pretty reasonable, but don't push it too much, they have a job to do, and they have to kick ass sometimes to make it work, don't be on the end of the beating side. I understand you are sharing your opinion, but your opinion is offensive for most people here(yeah I know this is lame). But the mods gotta go with the crowd man.

I'm not even following the issue but I know there have been at least four threads on the matter.

Why are LGBT people so adamant about this? Is this ionsecurity at work or what? I don't see gypsies or hinduists trying to fight for their representation in games.

We're truly living in an era of peace if it's the biggest matter, if only on the Obsidian forums.

LGBT people are looking for acceptance, cis scum is looking for good trolling targets. Cue 15 pages worth of fun and games.

On topic: If it's done like in New Vegas I don't care.

No, "cis scum" just want the LGBT to mind their own business like everyone else, and stop causing unecessary chaos.

Josh Sawyer included LGBT people in Fallout New Vegas, and he is the leader of this project, so, most likely there will be some in this game too, but why do you guys gotta keep annoying us with this LGBT pride parade here, yeah you guys are homosexuals, so what? is that supposed to be a big deal or something?

Really, I'm trying to understand how you all think.

An now the LGBT people are safely contained in one thread you could maybe give it a rest?

Say no to popamole!

Obviously they should be included in the setting, it would be far less rich without them. Greek culture virtually gave birth to advanced mathematics and philosophy, history would be majorly different and poorer without them. That said they should be represented equally so that along with Spartan heroics we also get a culture that performed state sponsored pederasty and slavery. There's no simplified and blatant good or bad moral lectures being performed.

This is a "Good Post" that I can get behind.

Take it easy man, the mods here are pretty reasonable, but don't push it too much, they have a job to do, and they have to kick ass sometimes to make it work, don't be on the end of the beating side. I understand you are sharing your opinion, but your opinion is offensive for most people here(yeah I know this is lame). But the mods gotta go with the crowd man.

Fortunately, I don't mind being bashed. Especially not when I know I'm in the right.

Edited by Entropious

Fortunately, I don't mind being bashed. Especially not when I know I'm in the right.

Martyr syndrome?

Say no to popamole!

Obviously they should be included in the setting, it would be far less rich without them. Greek culture virtually gave birth to advanced mathematics and philosophy, history would be majorly different without them. That said they should be represented equally so that along with Spartan heroics we also get a culture that performed state sponsored pederasty and slavery. There's no simplified and blatant good or bad moral lectures being performed.

...also zoophilia and pedophilia were legal in Ancient Greece. And this is not sarcasm.

The reason why those things are taboo is because it's non consensual and therefore equal to rape, Homosexuality is a consenting relationship between two adults.

Edited by Moonlight Butterfly

I'm not even following the issue but I know there have been at least four threads on the matter.

Why are LGBT people so adamant about this? Is this ionsecurity at work or what? I don't see gypsies or hinduists trying to fight for their representation in games.

We're truly living in an era of peace if it's the biggest matter, if only on the Obsidian forums.

I don't know why they're so adamant about it either. It makes no sense. Obsidian has included gay characters in their games before. So why petition Obsidian for them here? It implies they're not gay friendly enough. I have seen the 300 page threads on Bioware on these subjects so they're probably from there. Bioware really opened the floodgates with these people.

They are also entirely different concepts from homosexuality that are widely regarded by all, from the stance that neither young children nor animals can give concent to sex, to be bad things. Could they be included within the game? Yeah, they could. Should they be? Probably not, in my opinion, but if you want to petition for it, go ahead and make a thread for it.

LGBT people are looking for acceptance, cis scum is looking for good trolling targets. Cue 15 pages worth of fun and games.

What on Earth are the Russians doing here ? Or is that some other CIS you're speaking of ?

Such an odd thing to demand, but oh well.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They are also entirely different concepts from homosexuality that are widely regarded by all, from the stance that neither young children nor animals can give concent to sex, to be bad things. Could they be included within the game? Yeah, they could. Should they be? Probably not, in my opinion, but if you want to petition for it, go ahead and make a thread for it.

Well, it depends. They shouldn't be portrayed positivly and neither should eternity's world just consist of positive things. It's again, a matter of writing and impletation.

Edited by C2B

hahaha I just noticed this is a good argument, all homosexuals I've argued here like to talk about those times, "Hurr Alexander The Great was homosexual", hey guess what back in those times Pedophilia and Zoophilia were way more common than homosexuality, let's bring them back too ?!

Also who is going to defend the right of the pedophile and zoophile people? I bet they are a real minority here, and they are way more opressed than LGBT people...equality is a bitch isn't it? if you start parading and demanding equality for you, others will want equality for themselves.

Edited by Nigro
  • Like 1

Josh Sawyer included LGBT people in Fallout New Vegas, and he is the leader of this project, so, most likely there will be some in this game too, but why do you guys gotta keep annoying us with this LGBT pride parade here, yeah you guys are homosexuals, so what?

Yes, we are homosexuals and so are probably some of the prominent Obsidian developers. And also, yes, it's natural to want to be represented in some way, even if (GLBT) characters in Eternity are not what I'm most looking forward to. Deal with it or go away.

Back on topic, and with reguards to gender identity, it's been proven pretty well at this point that gender identity isn't a binary thing. Someone can ostensibly identify as both male and female (bigender), or bounce between the two identities (fluidgender/genderqueer). I think these two concepts could be interesting to see from a few of the cultures or races within the game.

• Like 2

What on Earth are the Russians doing here ? Or is that some other CIS you're speaking of ?

Such an odd thing to demand, but oh well.

Hey, I do not come up with the nomenclature, I suffer from overabundance of privilege myself.

PS Why do you have a Custodes in your avatar? Where's the Malcador pic? My OCD is killing me.

Edited by evdk

Say no to popamole!

This thread is meant for posters who wish to see LGBT characters in the world of Project Eternity.
Won't that make it a bit one-sided?

The usual bashers only keep saying "Burn it with fire" so why not? :)

Edit: for the fans of adding pedophilia and zoophilia, I'm quite sure than GLBT is not GLBTPZ. But yeah, keep being not mature.

Edited by Wintersong

I'm going to again implement the plan of "ignore nigro's posts, and report them when they aren't agreeing with our opinion." Lets keep the discussion on topic and hopefully prove that we can behave like mature individuals when talking about a senitive subject.

Let me correct that for you, equality for everyone bro, sorry...

People actually do have different opinions than you guys, we just don't parade around in city gatherings, causing unecessary chaos, we just live our lives and keep our sexuality preferences private, like most people do.

Edited by Nigro

The reason why those things are taboo is because it's non consensual and therefore equal to rape, Homosexuality is a consenting relationship between two adults.

People have repeatedly requested mature themes and many games have alluded to rape. It can't be asked for and used as an argument against something at the same time.

Consent, sexual or otherwise, has nothing to do with anything in this context.

This thread is meant for posters who wish to see LGBT characters in the world of Project Eternity.
Won't that make it a bit one-sided?

The usual bashers only keep saying "Burn it with fire" so why not? :)

Because discussion forums tend to be for discussion. If this is a thread entirely dedicated to a minuscule part of the fanbase clamoring for a single thing altogether, it will only turn into a massive circle-jerk.

Literally.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg