Cloud saves please

I play games on multiple PCs, around the house, when I travel, sometimes at work and love the Steam cloud save feature. It would be great if the Steam version supported this.

Alternatively/additionaly for non-Steam users, the ability to specify the save game location upon install would be good. This way you can point it to a Google drive or another cloud synced folder for seamless save game goodness across machines.

A simple feature that is ever so useful.

why not upload the savefile to google drive/dropbox etc. then download it to your local dir and keep playing?

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

Alternatively/additionaly for non-Steam users, the ability to specify the save game location upon install would be good. This way you can point it to a Google drive or another cloud synced folder for seamless save game goodness across machines.
Don't know if you can do symbolic links in Windoz but in Linux you'll be able to replace your saves folder with a link to a cloud synced folder.

I hope the Steam version will support cloud save.

why not upload the savefile to google drive/dropbox etc. then download it to your local dir and keep playing?

Why go through the trouble when Steam already support it. It works in the background without the need for user intervention, so should we lose our save file due to system reformatting, hard disk stop working or whatever, we know the latest save file is already in our cloud save.

Valve provides Steamworks for free, so there's really no additional cost for Obsidian to enable that feature for Steam users. :yes:

Edited by Hornet85

Don't know if you can do symbolic links in Windoz but in Linux you'll be able to replace your saves folder with a link to a cloud synced folder.

It's a bit tricky, but manageable...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"