The Dark Side of Romance

Withering Limb Disease?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be STDs?

• Hell Yeah - C&C people!
    • No Way - The world is magic and full of fairies and unicorns!

What do you say? I voted yes because I want the people to have a deep personal relationship with their NPC and then find out they got the Clap from him or her. Think of the inter-party dynamics if another NPC also ended up with the Clap?

I mean the opportunity for drama is off the charts!

Edited by oldmanpaco
  • Like 1

Codex Explorer

You say 'the dark side of romance' and STDs is the best you can come up with?

:(

I was expecting something else for some reason.

Magical STDs.

Prudy gods with a mean streak.

demons that prey on sex and lust.

other stuff.

Edited by Naril
  • Like 2

I want to ROLE PLAY a character with AIDS. I will then ROMANCE all of my companions and every important NPC in the game. I will then use CRAFTING to invent a cure which I'll keep to myself. Then I will return to my PLAYER HOUSE and watch television.

:wowey: :wowey: :wowey:

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

I was thinking this would be some Sid & Nancy thing.

STD's aren't dark, or evil, they just happen.

Dark Romance? Try Boxing Helena for my idea of The Dark Side of Romance.

You really need to try a little harder here.

Edit to add: While this might be a troll post, I'd be more interested in "The Dark Side of Romance" than the normal nonsense that passes for RPG romance.

Edited by Muzrub333
  • Like 1

I want to ROLE PLAY a character with AIDS. I will then ROMANCE all of my companions and every important NPC in the game. I will then use CRAFTING to invent a cure which I'll keep to myself. Then I will return to my PLAYER HOUSE and watch television.

Wow, that's... uh... a disquieting fantasy. Anyway, I don't really have a preference on this issue. If they had such a thing it would be interesting (The scene in DA II where you go to visit Anders' clinic, and you see him treating Isabella for an STD definitely changed the way I viewed the possibility of sleeping with her), but I suspect the writers have more important things to focus their energy on than adding an awkward footnote to the hypothetical romances that may or may not even exist in Project Eternity.

Edited by eimatshya

Between STDs, pro gay/lesbian threads and now the transgender topic I think these forums are becoming a place where everyone can indiscriminately feel molested. I certainly hope Obsidian is not actually considering all this for the game.

Hell why don't we discuss AIDS, monkeys and STD induced player character death? Just saying.....all this sex and romance talk is getting a bit out of hand, just saying.

1zq6793.jpg

Between STDs, pro gay/lesbian threads and now the transgender topic I think these forums are becoming a place where everyone can indiscriminately feel molested. I certainly hope Obsidian is not actually considering all this for the game.

Hell why don't we discuss AIDS, monkeys and STD induced player character death? Just saying.....all this sex and romance talk is getting a bit out of hand, just saying.

You should make a poll on that very topic. Are things getting out of hand? You could probably get 10 pages out of it.

• Like 1

Codex Explorer

What do you say? I voted yes because I want the people to have a deep personal relationship with their NPC and then find out they got the Clap from him or her. Think of the inter-party dynamics if another NPC also ended up with the Clap?

I mean the opportunity for drama is off the charts!

Edgy. Real edgy. :down:

• Like 1