I like the traditional monsters aswell es the weirder ones from Morrowind.

But the best job, in my personal opinion, was done by CD Projekt in The Witcher! Those monsters felt very unique (compared to all the other fantasy RPGs) but also fitted perfectly into the whole Witcher world.

In my opinion, the monsters in PE should fit into the region they live in. You could have, for example some traditional forests with traditional monsters like wolves, bears, etc. but also build some regions with extraordinary plants and a unique and very different wild life... The most important thing is, that the beasts match the region they appear in.

Just adding some bizarre insects or three legged reptiles into a normal oak forest would, in my eyes, be the wrong way.

• Like 1

English is not my first language, so please forgive me any mistakes!

In my opinion, the monsters in PE should fit into the region they live in. You could have, for example some traditional forests with traditional monsters like wolves, bears, etc. but also build some regions with extraordinary plants and a unique and very different wild life... The most important thing is, that the beasts match the region they appear in.

Just adding some bizarre insects or three legged reptiles into a normal oak forest would, in my eyes, be the wrong way.

That's what I was trying to say with my post on microevolution. It should feel like they could have naturally developed to live in their environment. Including, perhaps, different species of the same creature. Like a desert wolf vs a forest wolf. Or a Sewer slime vs a river slime.

That's really not even necessary. Real life sea creatures are so terrifying on their own merits they can transfer them wholesale. Nature is more horrible than human imagining. Imagine a goblin shark the size of a megalodon.

A lot of the best-known Lovecraft monsters are more or less giant sea monsters already, anyway.

Ewww. Bethesda must have the worst creature designs in the business. Those creatures are so fake and ugly. It would be interesting to have some good examples of creature design.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

I'll take anything which is not rats, spiders, wolves, bears, goblins and kobolds.

Like make an evil fox at least once or something.

(But weird alien creatures are way better than foxes, so yes.)

you can watch my triumphant procession to Rome

Does being a Morrowind fanboy damage your vision? Obviously bad creature designs are obviously bad. I also don't get the distinction between regular fantasy monsters and alien fantasy monsters. Either way they are just something that an artist thought up. It's not like we have any real alien creatures to model.

Edited by metiman

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

I want something original and new mostly, some favorites like vampires, zombies, skeletons..etc (although giving them a new spin would be nice) are ok. However, what I do not like is just making insects/creatures larger. Oh look a cave of giant spiders, I am so scared...snore. Something lovecrat inspired, or freaky. I like creatures that are not just mindless creatures, but are inteligent and can blend in with humanity to trick them before they eat/kill them. Like mermaids, the top half of beutiful women, might even have human legs on land, but have the power to drive men to make them swim to their deaths where the mermaids eat them, you also have ghouls who live near graves and eat the dead. I would also like to see creatures/monsters treated as more than simple things for the player to kill. I mean, sure, the ghoul is eating the dead, but does that make them evil? They cannot help what they are, and what if the monster has kids, its just trying to feed. It would be interesting to explore these situations instead of pointing to a monster and making it automatically evil and ok to kill.

Edited by Badmojo

Real life sea creatures are so terrifying on their own merits they can transfer them wholesale. Nature is more horrible than human imagining.

This.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Eurypharynx.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Messina_Straits_Chauliodus_sloani.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Giant_Squid_NASA.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bathynomus_giganteus.jpg

Aren't they cute? :grin:

Wolves have been way over done and not even correctly in most cases. Alien creatures should be the main ingredient of the game. Also why do all animals need to be unfriendly and attack on sight? The BG series did have some interesting and tough monsters. The walking trees of Shivering Isles were interesting. This is an alien world (I hope_ so yes please give us alien creatures.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg