President Obama

Humodour

Remember that things are weird...when we get a president who didn't win the popular vote, research the omens about presidencies and how some of them didn't apply to George Bush. The Redskins rule went out of whack at that point.

This election the Redskin rule either said that Obama would lose, or win and not get the popular vote like Bush.

Neither of these things happened. Meaning the magic has been broken.

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Cheers to the yanks for legalising marijuana in some states.

There are many things which Australia is ahead of the US on. Drug law reform on a state level clearly isn't one of them. It is as if our politicians are waiting for the USA to make a move before they'll ever consider doing so. Cowards.

Well, here it is. Now hurry up Australia. Legalise zee weed.

I've been in favor of legalizing MJ for a long time. I don't use it but I've never seen the harm in it. Heck it would make for a nice revenue stream if it were legalized and taxed. It's not the governments place to be you goddamned mother and keep you from having things that are bad for you. I suspect we are going to get a double helping of that nonsense anyway so it's nice to see individual states asserting their sovereignty.

Well said, rather Tax it and generate revenue. In South Africa its part of black culture, as a white person I find it absurd that we try to change these types of aspects of other cultures. You can buy weed all over the place so even though its "illegal" many people smoke it. In fact you have to have more than 6 grams on you before the cops will even consider arresting you and even then its unlikely

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

There are many things which Australia is ahead of the US on. Drug law reform on a state level clearly isn't one of them. It is as if our politicians are waiting for the USA to make a move before they'll ever consider doing so. Cowards.

I find Australia almost like a Police state, your laws are strict. No weed, no taking cheese into the country and apparently very strict on DUI. No exceptions from what people who have immigrated have told me?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Very disappointing. Bitterly so. I just can not get my head around why anyone would vote for this man. I really try to put myself in the perspective of his supporters and I just can't see it. Even some of you who I've been trading posts with for years and have come to respect after a fashion, I just do not understand why he gets the support he does.

For the third time in our history the winner of the popular vote has lost the election. That said I still think the electoral system is essential (rather than a straight popular vote).

The upshot is I won't have to change my investment portfolio. Right now I have everything placed so I protect as much as I can from the damage he has and will do, especially here currency devaluation is concerned.

Tomorrow I'm buying more gold, more silver and most importantly, more ammunition. I suspect the value of all three is going up tomorrow.

Well it is because of the culture war stuff I am almost positive. So when the economy tanks you can think those people in the other party.

Presuming the Republicans are actually good stewards of the economy, which they are not and have not been since the...um...maybe fifties I guess.

Edited by Brannart

http://video.foxnews...ntcmp=obnetwork

Guys you must watch the video about a political commentator saying a "Romney victory is irrefutable"

Even the Fox News lady has her doubts but the guy, Richard Morris, claims " he knows what he is saying as political predictions is his job"

I guess he should be updating his CV right about now? :grin:

Oh this was his response after the election

http://video.foxnews...id=938973798001

What I find amazing is how can a political commentator have such a myopic and uninformed view of the USA political landscape? Almost all discussions I have seen on other News networks highlighted the fact that Romney doesn't have the right demographics around the voting base, Morris is only acknowledging this now? And this is suppose to be someone who informs the Fox News viewers.

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Guest The Architect

Now that the Yanks have had a Mormon run for President, is it unrealistic to expect a Scientologist to run for President in 2016? Someone has to step up and save the world from Xenu!

I find Australia almost like a Police state, your laws are strict. No weed, no taking cheese into the country and apparently very strict on DUI. No exceptions from what people who have immigrated have told me?

We're big on evidenced-based (not ideological) policy. That means we absolutely ban DUI because of the high collision and fatality rate associated with it - just as we vigorously enforce low speed limits on roads for the same reason). On the other hand, you're welcome to bring cheese to Australia. Just declare it at quarantine. There are usually no hassles getting foods through - including cheese. We're not a police state. We're one of the freest countries in the world - well ahead of South Africa and the USA.

Marijuana laws however, come from the conservative prudes. They are not evidence-based and need to be reformed.

Where I live, in Canberra, the territory is very progressive and all I can get for possessing less than 28 grams is a small fine - if that. A few other states are like this. But some, like NSW and QLD can also be very harsh on marijuana. So it varies, but on the whole Australians are marijuana prudes.

Still, Australia's annual prevalence rate for marijuana use is only slightly behind that of Italy, New Zealand, Canada, and the US (that is: Australia smokes a lot of weed).

To be honest the major turn off about Australia (other than being on the arse end of the planet) is all the censorship and delay on new releases.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

And Vegemite.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Doesn't Australia censor about as much as China and keep aborigines in internment camps where military police controls their food and water supply?

I can't confirm this for myself but I was told by a friend who lives there that the state of human rights in Australia in some places makes China look like a happy place. Which was obviously an enormous exaggeration, but still.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Good Job America. Unfortunately my state went for Romney, but I don't see how Texas going Republican is exactly a surprise.

Maybe now Obama can show some balls. And 2016 looks good for Romney..........wonder if he gets a discount for the third run?

Now that the Yanks have had a Mormon run for President, is it unrealistic to expect a Scientologist to run for President in 2016? Someone has to step up and save the world from Xenu!

Tom Cruise 2016?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

And Vegemite.

I threw up a bit just reading that.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

My prediction is Romney doesn't get to run in 2016. He had enough trouble with the nomination this time around.

In fact I kind of think Chris Christie is planning on running, which makes his vocal support of Obama's Sandy response seem a bit suspicious. But that is just silly conspiracy talk.

Seriously though, the doom and gloom from the right is way overdone. These guys are not all that different to begin with, and the republicans still control the house. What really needs to happen is both parties put away the rhetoric and start working together. Congress seems to be the most dysfunctional workplace ever.

My prediction is Romney doesn't get to run in 2016. He had enough trouble with the nomination this time around.

Agreed.

In fact I kind of think Chris Christie is planning on running, which makes his vocal support of Obama's Sandy response seem a bit suspicious. But that is just silly conspiracy talk.

Christie is an emotional guy who kinda wears his heart on his sleeve. Most likely explanation is that he was earnestly upset by the devastation that the storm wrought on his constituents, and earnestly thankful for the assistance provided by the feds, including the personal involvment of the President.

In other news, Puerto Rico also voted in favor of statehood, and Obama did promise to honor the referendum if statehood was favored by a majority. 61% voted in favor of statehood, 33% for free association, and 5% for independence at last count, but the votes are still being tallied. Statehood is projected to win though, so we will see if a vote for Puerto Rican statehood makes its way to the US congress

Twitter: @Chrono2012

I don't understand WHY we're leaping to the 2016 race. Can't we get 1 day before we enter the next political/presidential contest and the insanity that comes with it?

That said, I think Obama is going to get much more done now, because he can spend his political capital and doesn't have to worry as much about popular opinion.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Seriously though, the doom and gloom from the right is way overdone. These guys are not all that different to begin with, and the republicans still control the house. What really needs to happen is both parties put away the rhetoric and start working together. Congress seems to be the most dysfunctional workplace ever.

I'd take Christie for president, I admire a blunt politician.

Donald Trump's twitter makes me laugh: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

He belongs on the interent all right! :D

I heard about that on the news as they were covering the election. Classy, Trump. But it is funny. I picture him with his wig all askew, drink in hand, ranting at office lackeys while posting on twitter. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Donald Trump's twitter makes me laugh: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

He belongs on the interent all right! :D

I heard about that on the news as they were covering the election. Classy, Trump. But it is funny. I picture him with his wig all askew, drink in hand, ranting at office lackeys while posting on twitter. :lol:

:grin: He is a bit of clown, also a master of theatrics. I don't know if any of you ever saw the Ali G interview with Donald Trump, obviously Trump had never heard of Ali G and thought he represented some sort of legitimate institution that wanted to interview him. It was hilarious, Trump walked off halfway through the interview in a tempestuous mood.

John Milton