Will there be a transgender option?

Hello, I have extremely large feet, size 58(european). This is no fault of mine. My immersion suffers, because my kind isn't well enough represented in media. Please Obsidian, could you help me?

Could you please explain in detail how this rather featherbrained statement is, in any way, connected to the original post? (And I suggest, that you read through the original post a second time, before answering)

English is not my first language, so please forgive me any mistakes!

I have a difficult time identifying with my in-game avatars when there is no option for transgender.

Use your imagination. I'm fairly certain there won't be hard statements in the game that you are or are not what you think you are regarding this.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I feel alienated if they don't include a passive aggressive character.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

At this point, I think a lot of posters here are going to feel alienated if they don't include an alienated character... :wowey:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I think that Obsidian has fooled me. I thought this was a mature game for mature people. I don't see the mature people. I only see "Burn it with fire" whenever someone mentions something that other people disagree with. And many implications that Obsidian cannot handle themselves and need the forum superheroes to save them. :dancing:

Aye, I'm getting tired of that mentality too. "I don't agree, so it shouldn't exist". "No, because I don't like it". "No, because that's not fantasy".

Grow up people. Those aren't reasons why it shouldn't exist. That's just you being too close-minded to accept differences. No one person can define fantasy. What is fantasy for you may not be fantasy for someone else.

I'm perfectly fine with the idea of the game including transgenders and including them as a part of the whole game. Will I play one? likely not, because that's just not my cup of tea. However, having the option there for those who do want to play one should in no way ruin your game, unless you're some sort of bigoted fool who wants/needs this game to be your vision of the perfect world.

Guess what? It's not going to happen. It's Obsidian's world, and they'll make it as they see fit.

Eh, not really into this "why not?" approach to things - you end up doing a lot of stuff that's a waste of effort, just because.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

First: Unlike many other people over here, who try to make fun of the original post in a humiliating way, IcewindDave didn't just complain about something, but showed an easy solution to the thing he asked for.

A solution that not only would be easy to accomplish for the developers but would not be offensive in any way to some of the more conservative players aswell.

Second: The title of this whole forum is "Project Eternity Speculation & Discussion". I simply can't understand why a transsexual person can't make a proposal without attracting loads of degrading mockery.

Edit:

This used to be the answer to a post from "working man hole" but this post is gone, as is my quote of his post.

Edited by pipboy2000

Looking at it in a setting context, could Eunuchs be the answer? Obviously the advanced surgeries to actually implant a working womb, ovaries and all the feminine hormones that are required to line the womb for successful gestation would be beyond surgery in the age of Eternity. Magic might be the answer, but what magician would have that good a working knowledge to successfully turn a woman into a man or vice versa. In the end such operations would most likely result in the protagonist dying, being horrifically mutated or being crippled for life, obviously ruling them out of taking part in the adventure.

However eunuchs have been around in many civilisations for a very long time, and have even gained a measure of importance in some cultures, as I remember there was a eunuch general in Byzantium at one point. Anyway just a thought.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Some people should probably fund a game all by themselves to get everything they dream of. Point of Project Eternity is not in fulfilling sexual fantasies of every single human being. At least I hope so.

Now Kickstarting Project Empathy - A Next-Gen Modern Party-Based RPG (and we DO mean "party"!)

Your party will consist of one thousand characters of every race, gender, religion, sexual preference, height, weight, psychosis, smell, taste and shoe size!

• Like 5

I have a difficult time identifying with my in-game avatars when there is no option for transgender.

Use your imagination. I'm fairly certain there won't be hard statements in the game that you are or are not what you think you are regarding this.

This brings up an interesting point for me. Are role-playing games for projecting your own persona, essentially playing yourself in a game, or are they for assuming other roles, basically play acting? I know the answer is personal and there is no right or wrong way to satisfy it, but for myself I prefer to assume personas and characters that aren't just projections of my own ego and id, that's usually half the fun for me.

Edited by nikolokolus

This brings up an interesting point for me. Are role-playing games for projecting your own persona, essentially playing yourself in a game, or are they for assuming other roles, basically play acting? I know the answer is personal and there is no right or wrong way to satisfy it, but for myself I prefer to assume personas and characters that aren't just projections of my own ego and id, that's usually half the fun for me.

I think its always a some of both to greater or lesser degrees, because I think it's impossible to take yourself out character creation.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I think its always a some of both to greater or lesser degrees, because I think it's impossible to take yourself out character creation.

I prefer to project myself on first playthroughs and then experiment more with roleplaying on replays.

Some people should probably fund a game all by themselves to get everything they dream of. Point of Project Eternity is not in fulfilling sexual fantasies of every single human being. At least I hope so.

Now Kickstarting Project Empathy - A Next-Gen Modern Party-Based RPG (and we DO mean "party"!)

Your party will consist of one thousand characters of every race, gender, religion, sexual preference, height, weight, psychosis, smell, taste and shoe size!

I think that'd make easy money - just put it in space with blue aliens.

• Like 1

I prefer to project myself on first playthroughs and then experiment more with roleplaying on replays.

This is how I handle it aswell.