Would you like to see pirates in the game?

Would you like to see pirates in the game?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see pirates in the game?

Voting yes because by 3 y.o. loves pirates.

Seriously if done right etc....

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

It depends on the setting. If there's a great amount of sea trade, there'd naturally be pirates. But then again, ships could simply be too well protected and sea routes effectively guarded. So, yeah, it depends on the setting, as I don't really want to see pirates but neither do I mind them if it fits in the setting.

Dude, I can see my own soul.....

Ultima 4 had the best pirates in any game so far. You battled them on their (or your) boat, and if you won, you got their ship. After playing the game for a while, there were ships everywhere, and I used them to build bridges between the mainland and some islands (long rows of ships parked next to each other).

It was great. I would love more pirates.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I chose "No" since what probably is meant here are 17th century "Pirates of the Carribeans" types of pirates.

Do you know about those Somalian pirates? Actually, the general picture throughout the Middle Ages was very similar, with most of the worst pirates on European and African waters being Muslim, both white and black. So if piracy was to be somehow included, I'd opt for this profile.