Project Eternity and Baldurs Gate III : The Black Hound

Hi,

the whole premise of the game sounds quite a bit like the cancelled "Baldurs Gate III: The Black Hound" of which Sawyer was Lead Designer,

It would be interesting to hear if one of the devs can confirm that design elements of that game will be used in Project Eternity and if yes to which degree,

Otherwise, feel free to speculate about this topic here.

The game does have a bit of everything in there

So far I heard:

It's TORN

It's Baldur's Gate

It's Arcanum

It's Planescape Torment (In terms of companions)

But, I guess that's kinda the plan.

Edited by C2B

Only in the a general, high-level sense. The world of PE is a new world of our own creation, but its development is still influenced by the work we've done in the past. Experience with previous IE games pointed me toward certain ways of approaching the story setup and style of character interaction in a fantasy world (e.g. a supernatural event that puts you in a difficult circumstance).

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Only in the a general, high-level sense. The world of PE is a new world of our own creation, but its development is still influenced by the work we've done in the past. Experience with previous IE games pointed me toward certain ways of approaching the story setup and style of character interaction in a fantasy world (e.g. a supernatural event that puts you in a difficult circumstance).

But do you have any plans of recycling TBH's story (which sounded extremely cool and promising btw)?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

But do you have any plans of recycling TBH's story (which sounded extremely cool and promising btw)?

Atari would not be amused.

:closed:

If I remember well, Obsidian bought back all the concept art from Interplay, so they legally re-use the story and characters. They will just have to incorporate these features in a new setting.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p