Reposting (and rephrasing) something I posted elsewhere:

Please, hear me, Obsidian! You need publicity, lots and lots of publicity! I know people who'd drop $5 just because they liked the pitch! Hell, I donated $25 to an 8 year old's card game Kickstarter because I thought it was adorable!

Look, what I'm trying to say is that even people who are uninterested might appreciate a good show, and donate based on that. Right now, you want to sell the game, so let's start out with something universal, so let's start out with artwork. Let's see the lay of the land. Let's see tech levels, differing cultures, that kind of thing. I've seen people refrain from donating because all they see is a 'generic fantasy world', and not just on Something Awful either. If you can show people the intricacies of the world, or maybe a few good costumes and possible player character concepts, you'll have donators coming in droves, IN FREAKIN' DROVES. I heard a culinary saying once- 'the first bite is with the eye', and I think the same principle applies here!

Or maybe let us have a listen to the music. Hell, get Chris Avellone, Tim Cain and Feargus Urqan'tspellhislastname to do a barbershop quartet with you or something at the $2 million mark; God willing, it goes viral. Seriously, you can't afford to lose momentum now!

EDIT: Seriously, you guys are Obsidian-goddamn-Entertainment. All you have to do is bill yourselves as 'We're the anti-Bioware!' and you've got an audience right there.

• Like 2

Oh, I know the game itself is going to happen, but I want it to be more happening! And for that, it needs more funding! Had I my 'druthers, everyone on Earth who has or will ever have spent money on electronic entertainment of any sort would have dropped $10 on this game in the first 48 hours, but I'd settle for a media blitz that gets the whole Internet on fire!

I'm not sure they'd like to be known as "anti-bioware" or anti-anything. :)

But yeah, get them folks on front of the camera and do some promoting.

Don't just trust the funding end spike will come, make it happen.

If there's no more concept art or stuff ready to show,

just tell everybody what you like in rpg's and what you'd like to do, it'll resonate.

• Like 1

Since the purpose of Kickstarter is to raise money, it would be counter-productive to spend money to advertise... that they're raising money.

I don't mean spending money on paid advertisements! Just a few more Meet the Maker videos, a few more pieces of concept art, that kind of thing. This Kickstarter only has 28 days to go, they should be going full-bore with the media blitz. And of course they shouldn't be so crass as to say 'gibe us ur cash moniez plz', but to show otherwise uninterested or on-the-fence people that this is something they should be interested in, something they would want to spend money on two years in advance!

What if we used a viking warrior badass mascot that screams at dragons?

I heard those are really good at building hype.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Reposting (and rephrasing) something I posted elsewhere:

Please, hear me, Obsidian! You need publicity, lots and lots of publicity! I know people who'd drop $5 just because they liked the pitch! Hell, I donated $25 to an 8 year old's card game Kickstarter because I thought it was adorable!

I would go with a short Videos of the games you have made and the decisions and how it will translate to the PE. It should be the Trinity JS, TC and MCA, talking one by one! They should be viral and communicate your message clearly!

• Like 1