Would you like to see undead in Eternity?

What about them undead?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see undead in Eternity?

• Love smashing them skellies, the more the merrier. And give lots of variety!
    • I wouldn't like to meet them all around the place, but in crypts and tombs, why not?
    • Maybe once or twice, and it should be horror, HORROR!
    • For the love of god, isn't this trope used to undeath already! No, no!
    • I don't really see the point in this poll, or don't care. It's just a variety of monster.

Given that the setting deals with souls, perhaps undead are even more horrific, because they require the necromancer to animate the skeleton through binding its long deceased soul into the rotting flesh or brittle bone. You could be attacked by undead that are screaming into your mind, "Please kill us, release us." While doing their utmost to part you from your jacobs, per their masters wishes.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Yes please, I voted for Undead in tombs and crypts. I consider Undead part of all good fantasy settings, so why not?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I thought the Nations of the Dead (is this correct?) section in PST was a very interesting take on the undead so a twist on answer 2.

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

I think they should be in the game, but not as common as in so many other rpgs.

First, I would like a really good explanation for undeads. Not this "an evil necromancer waved his arm and - *PUFF* - here they are, ready to plague the land for no obvious reason" nonsense.

Please think of something original!

Second: It should be uncommon and horrific, if the dead walk amongst the living again.

Not this "Undeads? Oh yes, those skinny guys roaming every cavern and tomb from here to elsewhere!" attitude. In many rpgs undead are more common than dogs and cats.

Undeads should be mysterious, frightening, dangerous... I think you get my point.

English is not my first language, so please forgive me any mistakes!

I'd like to see undead in the game, but they should be rare and different from the standard so there is still an element of discovery, horror and mystery to them. If I had to choose between the standard skeleton/zombie trope and no undead at all, I'd rather have no undead and have some kind of monster I've never seen before instead.

I want to see non-evil undead. I'd like to see a society where necromancy is accepted and used for the good of the entire nation. Mindless undead like zombies and skeletons can be used to perform menial labor. People can pay off their debts by allowing necromancers to raise them as undead after their deaths. Skilled and educated people could choose to be raised as undead so that they can continue to serve their nation after death. People allow themselves to be fed upon by vampires in exchange for ancient knowledge and wisdom or for apprenticeships.

Yes.

This.

That would be nice.

I am a huge Undead fan; I'm practially Undead myself...

Lots of Undead, definately.

Though, for my necromancy, we can lose the zombies and the Vampires (and maybe ghouls), though, and stick with interesting Undead, skeletons (because skeletons are cool), LICHES, wraiths, ghosts (there's a lot of play with those sort of generic Undead when creating a new mythogy) and some more obscure types that could be new and fresh... relatively speaking, of course... Draugrs, from Norse mythology, for example.

Edited by Aotrs Commander