I know this is going to sound weird, but I want full clothing control.

I like MMOs in which you can strip to your underwear, on account of then you can say "All these gloves look ugly, I don't wish to wear gloves" and youre character doesn't have a little pair of stuck to his hands at all times gloves. Or you can create Tarzan of the jungle, and he doesn't have a pair of fake shoes on his feet.

Therefore I say this one thing; Give full paperdoll control to the characters. Allow them to strip right to their undies and therefore customize their appearance completely.

I spend literally hours on MMOs doing this and would do it in this game.

• Like 2

Ideally, yes, I'm like that too. I don't like permanent gloves, hats, boots or whatever. Don't care too much about going down to the underwear, specifically, but doesn't bother me when they do. Only, please don't make them tighty-whities.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think this would matter more if we weren't going to have 1-inch-high character models. In all likelihood you won't be able to *see* stuff like this so there's a real limit to how much worth they'll get out of this level of customization.

• Like 1

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.

I'd love my companions to protest if I strip them down to their underwear and don't equip any other armor to them. I've seen so many people on SWTOR who had their Mako companion run around in undies that I just wish this sort of demeaning behaviour could be stopped by game mechanics. I wouldn't mind having my companion zonking me on the head going "I'm not gonna walk around like this"

• Like 5

“Likest thou jelly within thy doughnut?" - "Nay, but prithee, with sprinkles 'pon it instead, and frosting of white.”

Since I have been playing the TES games I am used to being able to do that. I am against permanent clothes. My character wants to put on a nice comfy robe after a hard battle.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I'd love my companions to protest if I strip them down to their underwear and don't equip any other armor to them. I've seen so many people on SWTOR who had their Mako companion run around in undies that I just wish this sort of demeaning behaviour could be stopped by game mechanics. I wouldn't mind having my companion zonking me on the head going "I'm not gonna walk around like this"

"I swear to the damned Gods, [player character], if you go telling me to take my shirt off one more time, I am stabbing you in the crotch!"

On a related note, I don't think it will matter too much, because of size and shape of models; but I am also one of the paper that likes to play dress up with his characters.

At the very least, I want a four color system (kind of like the coloring system in IwD and BG and such). Four different colored areas on stuff, and a nice long list of colors. It would be even more awesome if I could just inoput an html code for the colors.

Do you like hardcore realistic survival simulations? Take a gander at this.

I think this would matter more if we weren't going to have 1-inch-high character models. In all likelihood you won't be able to *see* stuff like this so there's a real limit to how much worth they'll get out of this level of customization.

Depends on how detailed those tiny figures are. There are a lot of games where I can see a lot of details even on small character models. But I agree it's not of vital importance in general in this case. I don't think we'll be getting tiny drawn naked feet with toes....

That would be most excellent. I seem to recall playing a game where a companion did something like that, but I can't recall the game offhand...

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think a player should be able to decide that for their character but not for their companions. I mean, people can have their character run around naked for all I care but the companions should have a say in that.

“Likest thou jelly within thy doughnut?" - "Nay, but prithee, with sprinkles 'pon it instead, and frosting of white.”

The clothing was easily visible in Temple of Elemental Evil. And I chose some items (plate gloves over regular) just for the looks.

Wait a minute.

Full clothing control means customizable and removable underwear. What's the point of being able to dress up with your new clothes if you keep on wearing those old, sweaty and plain underwear all the time ? Yeah, maybe that new mithril chain mail and those black silk boots look good, but your elf warrior-sorcerer/ess will never feel comfortable with those old, crappy undies. Sexy underwear should have a charisma bonus, while good, sturdy brassieres/jockstraps should give a dexterity bonus.

And what about swimsuits ? Let's say you're down at Pearl Coast one hot summer day. Wouldn't you want to take a break from adventuring and enjoy the sea ? What if you're suddenly ambushed by Sahuagins ? An adventurer with plate mail will sure have it tough in the water... while you, with your suimsuit, will fend them off with ease and style !

• Like 3
GhostDog's Planescape: Torment User Interface Mod - A high resolution UI mod for to accompany/fix/enhance the widescreen mod for PST.

Justin's music in the pitch video is excellent. He should do the music for the game.

And Mark Morgan is not the right choice for this game imo. He has more of a steampunk/post apocalyptic style.

The bar is in the other thread, silly Kraut. ;)

What's the point of being able to dress up with your new clothes if you keep on wearing those old, sweaty and plain underwear all the time ? Yeah, maybe that new mithril chain mail and those black silk boots look good, but your elf warrior-sorcerer/ess will never feel comfortable with those old, crappy undies.

Not to mention the smell! :lol:

Justin's music in the pitch video is excellent. He should do the music for the game.

And Mark Morgan is not the right choice for this game imo. He has more of a steampunk/post apocalyptic style.

The bar is in the other thread, silly Kraut. ;)

lol, how in the hell did my post end up in this thread... hmm

thanks you silly yank... or whereever you are from. ^^

:closed:

That would be most excellent. I seem to recall playing a game where a companion did something like that, but I can't recall the game offhand...

I remember something like that in Planescape: Torment. If you give Grace a ring, for example, she will ask: "How sweet, are we engaged?" And Dakkon won't be very happy, if you try to undress him...

I completely agree with you. And Black Isle/Forgotten Realms games already had a good level of customization. Anyway, shield, weapon, armour and helmet were changeable and it was a good thing we didn't have a choice on the colours and shape of our equipment because that made things a lot more awesome whenever we found that piece of gear that looked really cool. Remember Bathed-In-Blood on the first IWD game?

Edited by descalabro

Project Eternity: Interactive/animated or descriptive? Check my poll and vote!