Stretch Goal #2 Reached! Congrats!

Congrats Obsidian and everyone else! Kickstarter is already at more than $1.6M and it's been just over 4 days since the whole thing started! :w00t:

How long do you think it will take to reach the next mark?

It'll probably take consecutively longer to reach each new stretch goal from now on. Kickstarter usually slows down quite a bit after the first few days. I'd say we won't see the 1.8 million goal reached before the start of next week.

Thumbs up on hitting stretch goal number 2! I'm hoping you will hit #'s 3, 4, and 5 before the time is over. I agree with the second poster, that we probably won't see goal 3 hit until Monday or Tuesday next week. Things are definitely slowing down now. Still I'm just thrilled the main target was met and now the first two stretch goals to boot.

Thumbs up on hitting stretch goal number 2! I'm hoping you will hit #'s 3, 4, and 5 before the time is over. I agree with the second poster, that we probably won't see goal 3 hit until Monday or Tuesday next week. Things are definitely slowing down now. Still I'm just thrilled the main target was met and now the first two stretch goals to boot.

Just keep fighting the good fight man, I`m creating threads about project eternity on other forums, and discussing about the old school games, it makes some people interested in it, some of them will eventually help with the project.

I iactually want to see what actual races they are creating for this world >.=.< It would give me a greater idea of how tolkienesque it is or how creatively original it is. I like both but I'd rather see something that isn't done often, like Khajiits and Orcs from The Elder Scrolls.

I don't know... I've already bought in, but I'm going to get at least two different games for friends and maybe three as gifts. I think they'll appreciate being part of the project on the one hand and on the other they'll get a cool game a couple years hence. One of them, in particular, will appreciate the digital soundtrack. I just need to figure out how to put their name on the purchase. I think I should have just have purchased at the next teir. I think it includes three digital downloads, but what's done is done.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

http://www.kicktraq....oject-eternity/

But you can always use kicktaq to make enlighted guesses :)

While that would be super cool, my bet is for something between 2-3 million (closer to 3 than 2). Still I would love to see 10+. That would be totally awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.

That is probably true when you look other bigger video game projects in kickstarter

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/66710809/double-fine-adventure#chart-exp-trend

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/659943965/planetary-annihilation-a-next-generation-rts#chart-exp-trend

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2#chart-exp-trend

versus

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/#chart-exp-trend

I'm rather positive that we'll break the 2.4 million mark at some point, but unless there's a massive new influx of people pledging towards the end I'd say it's realistic not to expect too much more.

There usually are these ending spikes of people being reminded the campaign ends soon, people who didn't have the money at hand when it started and guys who try everything to push the funding level over certain stretch goals. Here's hoping.

Congratulations, Obsidian! Hopefully the donations will go further

Also, good news for Mac fans who will now be getting a version of "Project Eternity" as well. Myself, I prefer Windows/PC, but I'm always a supporter of multiplatform releases.

"Understanding is a three-edged blade."

"Vivis sperandum: Where there is life, there is hope."

well, don't forget us europeans without credit cards - pay pal payments wont show on kickstarter

i'd say if they will anounce translation into other languages at some point, we might see another spike shortly after

don't think we'll do much more than to crack 3 mil, all points considered

If project gets same ammout backers as Wasteland and average backer give $40 (as they have now) then project will reach little under 2.5M dollars and if project gets as many backers as Double Fine and average backer pledges above-metioned $40, then project will reach over little under 3.5M dollars. So final number is most probably somewhere between those sums.

Edited by Elerond

There is actually a few groups of people who are interested but haven't pledged yet:

• people who want a DRM free version
  • people who want translations (French, German, Spanish)
  • people who want more information in general (these cause spike after updates)
  • people who always pledge in the last 24 hours

There is also quite a few people who haven't heard about the Kickstarter yet.

Also, grats on 1.6m and 40k+ backers!

• Like 1

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.