i'd rather they scale back on this and just have the game autopause for new orders after each "round"

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

You mean the tactics system like in Dragon Age? In all honesty, I never used it because I've always micro-managed my entire party in the infinity engine games and NWN2 as well. While I'm not against an A.I. Tactic system at all, in that case I really hope the Devs will include a "puppet mode" as well, with the possibility of deactivating the companion A.I. during combat.

Edited by Lucas

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

You haven't even explained what you mean by "auto tactics". Are we supposed to guess? I know writing more than 1 sentence is a strenuous thing. Is it like letting the game play itself so you can just walk away and make a sandwich or go to sleep and wake up to see that your character has saved the world or was quickly killed?

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

You haven't even explained what you mean by "auto tactics". Are we supposed to guess? I know writing more than 1 sentence is a strenuous thing. Is it like letting the game play itself so you can just walk away and make a sandwich or go to sleep and wake up to see that your character has saved the world or was quickly killed?

lol, the other guys just understood what i'm talking about. I think it's you how misconcept it here

In Dragon Age you can define behaviours for your companions. For example if some character's / player character's / the character's health himself (read as variable) is below 50 / 40 / 30 / 20 % use Healing / large / middle / small Health Potion. Or if surrounded by 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 enemys use spell / special attack xyz.

I second that. That's no compensation for a basic AI, but actually a comfort feature.

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

I see. Another Dragon Age feature request. It is starting to seem like most of the posters here just want Dragon Age. It sounds almost like contingencies in BG2 or just character AI scripts. I don't have a problem with that, but I don't particularly care about it either.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

Yes I mean. I listen that it comes from the final fantasy series but I cannot guarantee that.

As Obsidian said that this will be a tactical game, instead of a mouse-1 point and click diablo clone, I think it will work just fine.

Are you talking about something like gambit system from FFXII?

Rather no- I prefer to use my own tactic, than program the team to behave in a certain way. Plus, if we want many non combat skills and ways to avoid the fight it would be a contradiction then.