Not sure if thar be another thread, but here goes: If PE reaches the 1.8 million dollar goal, what do you think the six playable classes in the game should or might be? Obviously it's Obsidian's design choice but that doesn't stop speculations.

I'll start off with the traditional ones:

Fighter

Mage

Priest

Thief

Cleric

Bard

Rogue

Going by how they're doing races, I think we can probably expect the major archetypes. Fighter, mage, thief, and maybe cleric.

Beyond that, I'm hoping they get out their creative and wacky caps.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I would love psionic classes.

Death knight, something like "inverse" Paladin.

I always loved monk class in D&D, especially sacred fist prestige class.

Red Dragon disciples were great.

I would love gladiator class similar to pantheon in LOL (without his ultimate), because I am sucker for ancient Roman/Greek stuff.

The main classes will probably be quite generic, i.e. fighter, mage, thief plus cleric, bard and... druid? Then they will add some interesting twists to them like they did with races. Maybe it will be kits, like in Baldur's Gate 2. Maybe you will be able to change your class like in Planescape: Torment (I would love to).

The main classes will probably be quite generic, i.e. fighter, mage, thief plus cleric, bard and... druid? Then they will add some interesting twists to them like they did with races. Maybe it will be kits, like in Baldur's Gate 2. Maybe you will be able to change your class like in Planescape: Torment (I would love to).

MCA expressed a lot of times that his hate was what made PST so special and what it is today. So it's about time they would start to hate everything that some people are already bored with.

It would be great to do something like Rift's Riftstalker soul for the rogue. I've always loved playing rogue types but the typical stealth, backstab, run away is getting old. But the Riftstalker takes rogue to a whole new level, especially when it can use a stealth ability. RS can open with a heavy hitting backstab then it's a nonstop relentless assault combined with shifting/teleporting abilities to keep you on your target. I've never had more fun with an RPG class than as a riftstalker/assassin.

Kind of hoping not to see clerics, to be honest. Rather go for a magic-is-magic approach. I don't think that the typical fantasy polytheisism will work so well in a setting that seems to be going for renaissance-era tech levels, and a lack of spell-slinging clerics adds spiritual ambiguity that nicely compliments more advanced eras.

I like the idea of BG2 style class kits. Would prefer that sort of specialization to just more and more classes.

Edited by Sarog

Since souls seem to be an integral part of the world, I'd hope it would show in your class options as well.

Imagine, just as an example, a Sould Reaver, who could summon the lost souls around him to fight for him in battle, bind the souls of his fallen enemies to make himself stronger, have them tell him secrets outside of combat, and haunt his nightmares while he's sleeping.

Just some unque spin on the classes that fits with the world their creating.

• Like 1

Melee fighter (Fighter, Soldier, Paladin, Gladiator)

Ranged fighter (Ranger, Archer, Hunter, Sniper)

Magic user (Mage, Cleric, Druid, Sorceress, Wild Mage, Necromancer)

Shadow class (Roque, Thief, Assassin)

Entertainer (Bard, Jester, Blade, Joker)

Evil class (Witch hunter, Inquisitor)

Exotic class(Witch, Inventor, Gypsy)

• Like 1

We have concept art of a dwarf ranger already, so ranger is a likely option, though it could be a subclass of fighter- or rogue-type if they're going the subclass route.

Magic user will probably be another core class, but whether that takes the form of Sorcerer, warlock, mage, cleric, druid, psion, etc. will depend on how magic works in the setting.

Rogue or Thief is the class I usually aim for, so I hope something like that is one of the cores.

Does this unit have a soul?

I would say that there should be at least one "good" and "evil" class, perhaps a paladin on one hand and a warlock on the other. I know that currently there's a certain dislike for "black and white" worlds, but, bear in mind, how those classes could be portrayed by a good writer:

Paladin - caring, brave, daring, protecting the weak, merciful YET arrogant, holier-than-thou, inflexible and intolerant

Warlock - self-serving, cynical, traitorous and manipulative YET open-minded, curious about the world, not filled with prejudice

• Like 1

I'd hope for Bard because I really like a buffs/debuff mechanic, and I'd also like to see hybridisation of classes above a particular level: no need to worry about game balance in a single-player game. I'd also like to see at least one pet class: a Ranger/Hunter or Warlock.

I only play Warrior in WoW: there's nothing more dull to me than hitting things with swords, but I guess we'll see the Holy Trinity of Warrior, Rogue and Mage in some form. Priest/White Mage seems obvious too.

Edited by Sordel

Melee fighter (Fighter, Soldier, Paladin, Gladiator)

Ranged fighter (Ranger, Archer, Hunter, Sniper)

Magic user (Mage, Cleric, Druid, Sorceress, Wild Mage, Necromancer)

Shadow class (Roque, Thief, Assassin)

Entertainer (Bard, Jester, Blade, Joker)

Evil class (Witch hunter, Inquisitor)

Exotic class(Witch, Inventor, Gypsy)

Melee fighter (Fighter=Soldier)

Ranged fighter (Ranger= Hunter)

Magic user (Mage=Wild Mage=Necromancer)

Shadow class (Roque=Thief)

Entertainer (Jester=Joker)

Evil class (Witch hunter=Inquisitor)

Exotic class(Witch=Gypsy)

Could you please elaborate on the differences?