Will you reopen 20$ pledge option once PayPal is enabled?

First of all - THANK YOU! As I was reading about Project Eternity, tears of joy were literally filling my eyes - for the past years I haven't find a single single-player game truly worth waiting for. And now, here it is. :)

Now, to the point. I wanted to pledge 20$ and get the "omg first" achievement, but I found out PayPal was unavailable. Unfortunately, due to the limits on my credit card I'm currently unable to pay online, and I had to helplessly watch the number of available 20$ "slots" melt, as I was waiting for the PayPal option to be opened... Last time I refreshed the Kickstarter page, there were 2 (!) slots left. One "F5" later, and it is sold-out (even though you lifted the limit).

Would you please add a few thousand additional 20$ "slots" as soon as the PayPal payments are allowed? You could even make them PayPal exclusive, so that they are claimed by those who really were just waiting for PayPal option to be enabled.

PS I'm sorry, if the topic has already been brought up. I know many people were asking for PayPal options, but I couldn't find any topic concerning this particular pledge option.

I would guess not, as there's also a 25$ pledge option on kickstarter that is, according to the description, the very same (You still get the achieve and in game item for the 25$ pledge option). If that's correct, it basically just allowed the very first backers to save 5$.

I opted for $20 even though over time I may change to the $35 if I'm a fan of the music samples. However I think they will experience a decreased rate of support now that the $20 option has gone. It was a smart marketing tactic to reach their minimum target quickly and garner a sense of relief, but I think it may decrease overall pledges ( price elasticity etc).

Currently there are more $35 backers than there are $25.

Wasteland 2 had a $15 tier and some of their tiers were like "have 5 or 10 (or 50) copies of the game".

If they put more effort into their pledge reward tiers, they'll get more money.

Edited by Sensuki

Probably you're right, though it sucks a bit, I hoped they would allow PayPal payments a bit earlier. Oh well, if they don't reopen it, they probably will just get 5$ more from each PayPal'er that shared my concern. I don't think 5$ would discourage us that much from helping them make our (and their) dream come true.

Anyway, I sincerely hope they will add a few slots for people like me. It's kickstarting, after all, we're volunteering. :)

Actually, it might be worth it to reopen the $20 option on Paypal, since money on Paypal gets delivered immediately. You can't change your mind and reduce your pledge like on Kickstarter.

Want a cheaper game? Fork over the cash NOW.

An added bonus is that by pledging on Paypal, Kickstarter don't get their 10% cut.

Edited by Infinitron

Woah, easy... The idea behind Kickstarter is I can pledge as much as I want, because I want to help the company with how much I can and want. Right? The minimum pledge option is 1$, so please, don't tell me to not pledge at all, if I can't afford a particular amount higher than that. I don't think pledging less equals liking the idea less or anything like that, the world is not that simple. :)

Also, I didn't even know about the benefits Infinitron mentioned.

I opted for $20 even though over time I may change to the $35 if I'm a fan of the music samples. However I think they will experience a decreased rate of support now that the $20 option has gone. It was a smart marketing tactic to reach their minimum target quickly and garner a sense of relief, but I think it may decrease overall pledges ( price elasticity etc).

Currently there are more $35 backers than there are $25.

Wasteland 2 had a $15 tier and some of their tiers were like "have 5 or 10 (or 50) copies of the game".

If they put more effort into their pledge reward tiers, they'll get more money.

I think it was a real mistake to open a 20$ tier at all, because if you want to pledge you are going pledge and 5$ don't really make a difference. If they did that they could have theoretically gained 125k dollars from the early backers.