What would make you pledge more?

As I'm already at 1k to design an item, I'd go higher if I could design one of the many deities they mention this new universe will have. That way, my contribution would be part of the extended lore of the world, and not just part of a single game.

I think they have a fantastic rewards system currently, however if I had the funds to give I would give more knowing they were doubling their animations and particle fx, or maybe I'd also strongly consider giving more for a swashbuckler class. ;) Really though, I just want them to put in a lot more polish than the past several games they've put out. Honestly someone else brought up a good point on the Reddit forum about bugs in Obsidian games. These guys have had a history of putting out some glitchy games. Although to be fair, Icewind Dale and Baldur's gate games were some of the most fun RPG's I've played to date in spite of the bugs. I saw recently Fallout 1 was made for $3 million. That was a long time ago, I kind of wonder what we'll end up with here with 2/3's of that budget? Although it's possible they could still break $3 million yet.

I think they have a fantastic rewards system currently, however if I had the funds to give I would give more knowing they were doubling their animations and particle fx, or maybe I'd also strongly consider giving more for a swashbuckler class. ;) Really though, I just want them to put in a lot more polish than the past several games they've put out. Honestly someone else brought up a good point on the Reddit forum about bugs in Obsidian games. These guys have had a history of putting out some glitchy games. Although to be fair, Icewind Dale and Baldur's gate games were some of the most fun RPG's I've played to date in spite of the bugs. I saw recently Fallout 1 was made for $3 million. That was a long time ago, I kind of wonder what we'll end up with here with 2/3's of that budget? Although it's possible they could still break $3 million yet.

It's hard to compare figures.

Different times.

Also FO had talking heads, and IIRC that had some serious costs.

It's hard to compare figures.

Different times.

Also FO had talking heads, and IIRC that had some serious costs.

The heads were handmade models that were then scanned by hand with a 3D scanner... according to Tim Cain it took months. They actually wanted to have around 20-30 of them but it wasn't possible because of time and money constraints. Tim talks about it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa5IzHhAdi4

:closed:

-Explicit child murder.

Please, no. Or at least have that option be something you can toggle-off in the options (that would also work on any other immortal NPCs).

It's not pseudo moral outrage, it's genuine revulsion and concern for people's mental health.

I fail to see why the latter might not be the former.

Kids playing with pet dog. Player fireballs them for lulz. Puh-leez.

The children die and the world around the event reacts. I fail to see a problem here. I would rather there not be children than that they be included and made invincible (although my first choice is to have them and have them able to be killed, just like all the other NPCs in the game should be able to be killed - let's not have a 'failsafe' for people who decide to murder random persons and then find themselves locked out of the plot due to character death).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The children die and the world around the event reacts. I fail to see a problem here. I would rather there not be children than that they be included and made invincible (although my first choice is to have them and have them able to be killed, just like all the other NPCs in the game should be able to be killed - let's not have a 'failsafe' for people who decide to murder random persons and then find themselves locked out of the plot due to character death).

I basically agree with this. If there are children in the game, they should be killable, just like everyone else. Otherwise, I don't want children in it. This is because I don't like invincible NPCs.

As to the topic at large, I am most likely going to add the beta access option to my pledge. Or, I might move to the $110 level.

As I'm already at 1k to design an item, I'd go higher if I could design one of the many deities they mention this new universe will have. That way, my contribution would be part of the extended lore of the world, and not just part of a single game.

Oh my gosh, the ideas, the ideas! Alas, as I don't have enough change for the $1k tier, I wouldn't have enough for whatever this would cost... but ohhh, the lovely, lovely thought, even as unlikely as it is.

Chaos Theory, you may get your wish of contributing to the lore of the world, well, in a fashion. Your item will likely have flavor text, yes? That flavor text could tell a memorable story. I know I remember a few from other games, even some from items I never used- but the text was memorable, and thus it is retained in my memory as part of MY lore of the game and game world.

Edited by Shaz
  • Like 1

Discovering that I had used a credit card with a daily transaction limit (the one I use daily, so it's a risk "mitigation" thing) instead of my "no limits" card. Kickstarter wouldn't let me "re-pledge" unless I changed the amount :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm already at my limit, so that probably won't happen. Full party creation was what I would've said before that was announced as a goal, and that was part of what got me to up it to where I am now, so I can't really think of anything -- other than myself being wealthier than I am -- that would get me to break that limit.

knightofchaoss.jpg

1. They improved the t-shirt design, which is good - but still they don't let the community choose which one they'd prefer and I still don't like it so not interested in getting that.

2. A wallpaper would've been cool?

Edited by Huskypaw

Maybe some signed posters with some of the artworks? A2 size like some of the old Boris Vallejo posters I used to hang on my wall back in the 80'es :)

Not that I'm going to change my pledge, having maxed out, but a nice thought anyway.

Just imaging if you could've had some of those Justin Sweet portraits for IWD2 in A2 size.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Seeing the stretch goals and allowing us to put a personal message in-game (a piece of PE history!) ... virtually priceless! Any higher than that, I think only those who have a hefty income can afford it.. So what will make me pledge more when I am at my limit now? Easy, keep PayPal open for donations, and I will (may) donate more when I have money saved up.

People who go on about the option to be able to kill kids in order for a computer game to be fully immersive require professional medical assistance.

It's disgusting.

Do you think killing adults is not evil? Do you support making most NPCs invincible in game? If not, you're sick! In my opinion they should never let us kill anyone - the death penalty is wrong. Certainly, they shouldn't let us kill people who commit minor crimes such as thieves in any case. The game will be so much better when most people are invincible. I also hope they don't allow us to steal any items from the game world, as that is obviously wrong.

But yes, since killing NPCs in a video game is sick and comparable to wanting to do it in real life, this is also why I think people who enjoy horror movies are sick as they clearly want to see people in real life ripped apart by monsters and probably, let's be honest, are going to end up being serial killers themselves.

Go back to the Daily Mail website please. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bloodloss

People who go on about the option to be able to kill kids in order for a computer game to be fully immersive require professional medical assistance.

It's disgusting.

Do you think killing adults is not evil? Do you support making most NPCs invincible in game? If not, you're sick! In my opinion they should never let us kill anyone - the death penalty is wrong. Certainly, they shouldn't let us kill people who commit minor crimes such as thieves in any case. The game will be so much better when most people are invincible. I also hope they don't allow us to steal any items from the game world, as that is obviously wrong.

But yes, since killing NPCs in a video game is sick and comparable to wanting to do it in real life, this is also why I think people who enjoy horror movies are sick as they clearly want to see people in real life ripped apart by monsters and probably, let's be honest, are going to end up being serial killers themselves.

Go back to the Daily Mail website please. Thanks in advance.

Hey, straw-manning on only your third post! And an attempted insult! D-

sonsofgygax.JPG

Getting to know the size of the Collector's Edition and the Collector's book, I'm a bit tired of these "collector's editions" that's just a dvd case in a slipcase and artbooks so small that you can hardly see what's printed on the page.

Stronghold

Romance

Oh, Castle, my love.

Thy spires stretch to heaven like marvels of beauty not of this earth.

Thy moat graces thy walls like the train of the most elegant of gowns.

The catapults that line thy battlements stare out to the horizon with a gaze that pierces stone and soul.

Come then, lower thy drawbridge and raise thy portcullis, so that I may besiege thee

Not with force of arms, but with the unyielding might of my adoration for thee.

300px-Bodiam-castle-10My8-1197.jpg1195438377985035919heart_jon_phillips_01.svg.med.png

Edit:

I'm not certain what they could say to make me pledge more. I know I'd pony up for a soundtrack if I knew the game would have live music for its soundtrack.

Knowing for certain whether or not the boxed version of the game requires a third party client to run might make me reconsider, as the possibility that this is the case (as it was with Fallout: New Vegas) means that I'll do the sensible thing and not pay more for what would amount to a crushing disappointment.

Access to eventual DLCs or expansions- old school DLCs like like Trials of the Luremaster for Icewind Dale or expansions like Heart of Winter - might be worth more, but I know how much more time effort and expense that something like that would be, so I don't expect that.

Edited by Vargr Raekr