What would make you pledge more?

frankly, I'm only limited because lint takes up more space in my purse than actual coin (terrible life choices hehehe)...otherwise i'd be going all out to fund this project, that's how much I loved the oldschool.

i don't even care about those high tier extras...I just want this to be a huge, immersive game, with sequels, that will make me forget all about the BG: Trilogy, IWD and Planescape. I want to be an Eternity sl'ut.

killing kids, I would prefer if they are invincible or not included at all though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Edited by NerdBoner

+ More Companions

+ No immortal NPC (unless it's a story driven attribute. I'm not referring to children, about them I don't care either way)

+ Items artwork and description/background story in the inventory

+ Ability to initiate dialogue with party members without waiting for they to decide and become chatty from time to time

+ Ability to add custom portraits (no, not to change the current ones by putting new ones in the 'override' folder)

+ Ability to add a 'blason' like symbol on my armor/robe/cloth/bare chest, and on my (closest?) companions too (like the banner in Diablo III)

+ Easter egg random encounters

+ Easter egg spell that drops a cow on the target

any combination of these would make me increase my pledge

• Like 1

People who go on about the option to be able to kill kids in order for a computer game to be fully immersive require professional medical assistance.

It's disgusting.

hey, if I'm caught up in a battle inside a village and someone launches a fireball and some poor kid gets caught in the crossfire...that's life.

I don't want immortal children! It doesn't mean i'm gonna take a pretige class called Child Killer.

edit: and they're not kids...they're sprites, people, chill the f*ck out with your pseudo moral outrage.

Edited by NerdBoner
  • Like 1

STRAWMANNNNNNNN

I'm not arguing anything. I really don't care about the mechanic in this game. I'm just curious if its every instance of children being killed in media or if its the user having the ability to do it themself that bothers you.

Edited by ogrezilla

The Hunger Games

Young adults forced to fight in televised war-games to sustain popularity of totalitarian future government. Death of said young adults central to theme and plot.

Killing children in PC games

Kids playing with pet dog. Player fireballs them for lulz. Puh-leez.

sonsofgygax.JPG

The Hunger Games

Young adults forced to fight in televised war-games to sustain popularity of totalitarian future government. Death of said young adults central to theme and plot.

Killing children in PC games

Kids playing with pet dog. Player fireballs them for lulz. Puh-leez.

I'm assuming there would be pretty severe consequences for doing something like that. Whatever, I'm not that worried about it.

Edited by ogrezilla

A higher paying job.

Even though PE will have aspects that I dislike (for example RTwP instead of TB), and other things I'm not entirely convinced... I went as much as I could -- 250$ -- because I see this as the last chance to bring good cRPGs -- with AA production values that you don't see on indies -- back.

I already pledged more than I should have, it'd take me winning alot of money to pledge more (which I likely would).

• Like 1

"It is an extraordinary act of courage to come to know a stranger's pain. To even consider such a thing demands a profound dispensation, a willingness to wear someone else's chains, to taste their suffering, to see with one's own eyes the hue cast on all things -- the terrible stain that is despair."

-Tulas Shorn

"Toll the Hounds" by Steven Erikson

I can't really tell what would make me pledge more anymore. TB combat is certainly out of question for them even as a stretchgoal, and that's the only thing I can think of - as of now - that would be worth more money for me. So I guess I'll just have to hope they'll come up with something "specific" that'd catch my attention more than the recent new stretchgoals and reward updates. I have room to upgrade, but I also think that what's being offered isn't, as it is now, worth more than what I've pledged already.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

It's not pseudo moral outrage, it's genuine revulsion and concern for people's mental health.

is this like the thing were womens lives are worth more than mens because they can only produce 1-2 offspring at a time while it only takes one man to basically repopulate a species if there are enough women around? or is it something else?

because, aside from cultural and religious indoctrination I don't see the inherint value of a child's life being any greater than say a young adult or even an old person.

and again, its a video game...please don't tell me you're one of those tiresome types like those politicians who "believe" video games lead to violence in real life.

...goddamn, when did people become such p*ssies...

It's not pseudo moral outrage, it's genuine revulsion and concern for people's mental health.

is this like the thing were womens lives are worth more than mens because they can only produce 1-2 offspring at a time while it only takes one man to basically repopulate a species if there are enough women around? or is it something else?

because, aside from cultural and religious indoctrination I don't see the inherint value of a child's life being any greater than say a young adult or even an old person.

and again, its a video game...please don't tell me you're one of those tiresome types like those politicians who "believe" video games lead to violence in real life.

...goddamn, when did people become such p*ssies...

Grow up. Srsly.

Do you have kids. And please, please don't call me a ****

It's astonishing that the moderators made me remove my chainmail bikini sig but are happy for posts like this. FFS.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG