What would make you pledge more?

Confirmed user friendly mod tools

if its something user friendly enough that I can make quests or dungeons I would increase my pledge. But I doubt that ever happens because that basically would require something like the starcraft editor for me to be able to work it. I guess that's not even really mod tools, that's a map/dungeon editor.

Edited by ogrezilla

Confirmed user friendly mod tools

if its something user friendly enough that I can make quests or dungeons I would increase my pledge. But I doubt that ever happens because that basically would require something like the starcraft editor for me to be able to work it. I guess that's not even really mod tools, that's a map/dungeon editor.

Not familiar with the starcraft editor, but there is a big range of complexity and ease of use among various official mod tools. Even with the more complex and robust toolsets, there is a lot you can learn to do quickly without having prior experience making mods.

Certainly, it takes a lot of time to become an expert with any toolset, but you might be surprised at how easy it can be to make and publish a very simple mod, like tweaking certain gameplay settings to your liking, or adding a random encounter or small dungeon, etc.

I don't know exactly how much of the dialogue in Project Eternity will be voiced, but my understanding is that at least part of it will be text-based. Recording high quality voiced dialogue is one of the most challenging aspects of making a quest mod, so if we are able to make text based quests that integrate well into the base game, I think we might see some really fun and ambitious content mods, enhancing the replay value and extending the life of the game.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople
  • Like 1

It wasn't so much used to mod the game, it was to make new content. It had menus where you could just pick units and terrain features and do it all point and click. You could use triggers and scripts and edit stats and all that, but I would love to just have the option to create my own dungeons to fight through. I can do the logic triggers like if this guy goes here then this happens, but anything that requires an ounce of real programming and I'm out.

It was very in depth for people who wanted that. For me it was a super simple point and click level creation tool. The Warcraft 3 version was powerful enough to make DoTA (actually much more complex than DoTA which is fairly simple) which has spawned its own genre at this point.

Edited by ogrezilla

It wasn't so much used to mod the game, it was to make new content. It had menus where you could just pick units and terrain features and do it all point and click. You could use triggers and scripts and edit stats and all that, but I would love to just have the option to create my own dungeons to fight through. I can do the logic triggers like if this guy goes here then this happens, but anything that requires an ounce of real programming and I'm out.

It was very in depth for people who wanted that. For me it was a super simple point and click level creation tool. The Warcraft 3 version was powerful enough to make DoTA (actually much more complex than DoTA which is fairly simple) which has spawned its own genre at this point.

Considering that the engine will be isometric and based on Unity, I'd imagine level design features will be likely more on the intuitive side. Certainly it will be less complex with regard to lighting, DoF, etc., compared to toolsets for 3D engines.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople

Considering that the engine will be isometric and based on Unity, I'd imagine level design features will be likely more on the intuitive side. Certainly it will be less complex with regard to lighting, DoF, etc., compared to toolsets for 3D engines.

ok then, I might have to change my answer. Mod tools as a stretch goal may cause me to raise my pledge. Granted, not that much as I'm still poor. But mod tools can potentially add an awful lot of extra "game" to be played. That's the stuff I'd want to add money for; not the extra stuff like books and maps. I'd look at a map once, say "that's neat" and never touch it again.

Edited by ogrezilla
  • Like 2

I too would love to see a mod toolset as one of the stretch goals. Good fan-made content would add heaps of extra value to the game and would keep me coming back even after I've compleated the main game.

I'm not sure how feasible such a thing is, but it would be nice to know one way or another if it's within the realm of possibility.

As for the pledge tiers themselves, while I'd love to be able to toss in a grand or two to this project without expecting anything in return, as someone on a budget I'm sort of looking for the biggest bang for my buck. Right now that's the $20 earlybird deal, though I'll admit to feeling a little guilty about not chipping in more.

As a lore junkie, I'm a little disappointed that the novella wasn't included at the $35 level as that would have increased my pledge without a moments hesitation, but as it stands, I'm not all that interested in the rest of the bells and whistles that come with the $50 tier.

• Like 2

I would probably give the extra for the novella if I could have an option of "Digital copy of the game and the Novella" with nothing else.

Agreed. Though I do wish we had some more information about the Collector's book: page count, what type of lore related info we can expect, etc.

The vagueness of it all is what has kept me from increasing my pledge as of yet.

I don't think there is anything.

I've already pledged enough to get everything I would want from the rewards, and the game is already getting made to specifications I deem adequate. I see no reason why I would pledge more.

God used to be my co-pilot, but then we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat him.

Free international shipping.

I guess this is a problem with how US shipping methods work, but the fact anyone outside of North America has to pay the same amount of shipping as someone in the US would be for a higher tier, is pretty disappointing. It completely puts me off wanting to give them more and I don't think any of the digital rewards are particularly appealing, especially things like wallpapers and ringtones.

A mega dungeon. Really. 50 levels and big levels at that. I'd go up to 180-200 for a mega dungeon.

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Heh, frankly with what they've said already I'd pledge more if I had the budget. As it is, I'm hoping a work related project gets picked up in the next 20 days and that would give me the freedom to throw more cash into the pool... ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I've already pledged more for this than I've paid for any other game (short of auto-renewing MMO subscriptions), upped specifically at the beta announcement. Probably the only thing that would get me fired up at this point is Avellone declaring this will break 800k words without including world 'codex' text. :p

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Kind of tough to suggest anything as I think Obsidian have pretty much covered it. So to nitpick on an irritation carried through from almost every RPG I've ever played - having to use outlandish and frilly weapons/armour. So if the crafting system allowed me to pick the style of an axe (from a selection) I would hold out hope that at one fitted a style I liked.

Because for the RPG gamer who has everything - the only thing left to worry about is fashion.

Although if implementing something like that is more work than and additional area, or something like tracking for a Ranger then it wouldn't be a priority.

George Ziets lore/world elements

Mark Morgan/Inon zur/hoening composing

New continents/new lore would up my pledge as well, but there has been no details. Yeah it's nice seeing we get new areas and races, but I want to know about those areas a little bit

~Seattle Supersonic of the Obsidian Order~

Chris Hansen is the Savior of Seattle

Having more money.

Obvious answer is obvious, yet true none the less. I've spent my "disposable" income for two months and there just isn't more on the indulgence budget, even if they offered Jagged Alliance 2 grade combat.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm wondering if new tiers between $250 and $500 wouldn't help to bump some pledges. Seems to me that there is some wiggle room between the softcover collector's book and the hardcover with signatures that isn't being utilized.

I'm definitely on board with the GZiets suggestion. I also really like the "making of" recommendation, though I suspect that such a thing might be expensive to make.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."