Tim Cain speaks to Eurogamer about Project Eternity

http://www.eurogamer...14-release-date

Some new smaller bits of info. Among them, he confirms that there will be a reputation system and not alignment (FFFFF YEAH!). It will also have guns.

Edited by Starwars
  • Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Hmm..

I wonder what this story will be like. I may sound dumb, but I much prefer quite simple, yet powerful stories as opposed to intricate, political stories. If they have a clever twist, even better.

I'm still not sure this will be a game for me. NEED TO KNOW MORE

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

They have an engine already. But it's probably not Onyx. Urgh I'm confused.

Till the engine is revelead this is going to be the part I'm worrying about the most. Is it an engine suited to Obsidian games. Or do they need to fumble around in it to get certain things to work?

They have an engine already. But it's probably not Onyx. Urgh I'm confused.

Unity is capable of both 2D and 3D graphics (I think), and with Wasteland 2 already well into development using it, they could collaborate with InXile and eliminate some overhead costs by sharing experiences with the engine.

Edited by Crosmando

For a fun-funded and fan-driven project, I must say they are being quite tight-lipped about the whole thing. There's no NDA now, guys!

Or is it just me being impatient?

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

For a fun-funded and fan-driven project, I must say they are being quite tight-lipped about the whole thing. There's no NDA now, guys!

Or is it just me being impatient?

A little from column A, a little from column B. :getlost:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, am interested to find out more about the guns, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

He mentions that they have an engine... well what is it then?

Feargus wrote a message on the kickstarter board abour 12 hours ago stating that they have not decided on an engine yet.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

No he didn't

@Bruce Nope, sorry - nothing on the engine just yet.

Mm, cake...

Sorry, what? Oh yeah, good interview. :)

I also quite like the sound of taking our heroes through future adventures, BG (or ME) style. One thing that I find interesting though is that they're aiming for a franchise, which means they could end up as a full-fledged indie development studio. That'd be sweet. :D

My favourite part

"Is killing always evil? Is the act of sacrificing someone for the greater good a good act in itself? Does doing good things make a person good?"

I love ethical choices. And mostly the ones, where there isn't a "perfect/good choice". I would gladly see a situation where main hero will have to choose between sacrificing one of his companions, or lives of thousends of peoples. If he choose to keep companion, he (companion) will fell guilty and later in game will commit suicide. On the other hand those saved peoples later in game will cause a war, where millions will die.