A Different Breed of Grognard

So here I am. Eight and a half hours until I can boot up Borderlands 2, and an unknown but undoubtedly short number of minutes before I have to run off to the bathroom to heave over an open toilet for the fifth time today. Shivering in my two sweaters despite the pleasant temperature, I figure I might as well kill some time with this thread.

Project Eternity will take the central hero, memorable companions and the epic exploration of Baldur
  • Like 1
jcod0.png

I had a lot of fun with it at times, and I thought it was lame as hell at others.

And my mages were pretty ballin', if you're wondering.

EDIT: Freezing: like I said, "Don't fall in love with something that isn't." That's all.

Edited by Tamerlane
jcod0.png

im just gonna come right out and say it. baldurs gate 2 isnt that great.

baldurs gate 1 is better. icewind dale is better.

planescape torment and fallout 1-2 are WAY WAY WAY better.

oh wait, whats this thread about again?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Given that my (and many others) favorite of the IE games was Torment, were combat mostly boils down to throwing Litany of Curses and then having Morte run circles around Dak'kon and TNO or casting Swarm Curse on big groups of enemies and marveling at a 2nd level spell beating most 6+ levels for effectiveness, the tactical combat was never a main draw. As for the tactical combat itself I think Icewind Dale did it better than BG 2, and the less the game takes after early-game BG 1 the better*.

*1 wrong turn in the second area and your 1st level mage gets attacked by 4-5 archers, or go into Bazillisk area and getting insta-petrified. Wandering into enemies who randomly kill you in less than 10 seconds and then learning to avoid the location untill you are higher level does not = skill.

Edited by limaxophobiacq