Sex and Romance Poll

Romance Poll  

530 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Sex/Romance you want to see in the game?

• I want homosexual options of romance\sex
    • I want male filled testosterone kind of sex/romance, lots of cleavage and hot girls
    • I want a more Intellectual kind of sex\romance, with lots of interesting dialogue, quests and well behaved characters
    • None of the above
    • All of the above except for the 4 option

24 pages :blink:.

Most successful conversation, before pinned threads.

Well... it will anger the always angry nerd anyway but Obsidian better do an update on the matter to cash some money in.

Doubtful, they are better served by keeping silent. If they announce that romances are definitely in the old school crowd is going to blow a collective fuse, while the no comment policy let's the pro romance camp keep their hopes alive and pledge anyway.

• Like 1

Say no to popamole!

Well... it will anger the always angry nerd anyway but Obsidian better do an update on the matter to cash some money in.

The romances will probably be in, Obsidian will probably try to subvert big heroic cliche ("great life" quote suggest that) so they'll probably implement some romances with tragic endings. Something like Madison romance in AP.

No I'm sure Obsidian is just waiting until the kickstarter is over before they announce no romances.

The romances will probably be in, Obsidian will probably try to subvert big heroic cliche ("great life" quote suggest that) so they'll probably implement some romances with tragic endings. Something like Madison romance in AP.

No I'm sure Obsidian is just waiting until the kickstarter is over before they announce no romances.

Too bad that's Obsidian, not EA games.

Yeah, and if they do i will agree with that.

And do you know why? Because the people at Obsidian use their brains, and dont dismiss their fans and customers because they "dont like romances".

When they deside that no romances should be in PE, so its a desicion made with heart and brain. Two thinks most of you lack...

kind regards,

Jira

P.S.: I hope no one gets this the wrong way. I dont want to abuse anyone...

Better withdraw your money now if romances are so important to you and not playing RPGs, because I don't want to hear a lot of complaining when they announce they don't have the resources to invest in romances.

@Jiraboas

I was meaning to ask this question long time ago but why are you writing your name under every one of your posts. Everyone can see it's you, your name is over your avatar.

Better withdraw your money now if romances are so important to you and not playing RPGs, because I don't want to hear a lot of complaining when they announce they don't have the resources to invest in romances.

Romances are just a nice addition, not a requirement for me, and if Obisidian didn't want to include romances they would say that they don't see place in the story for them instead of coming up with a pathetic excuse like that. They would also probably announce it either before the kickstarter closes (when they decide to give more details) or during the development (if they haven't decided yet) instead of waiting for kickstarter to close like some shady publishes.

Edited by BasaltineBadger

I was meaning to ask this question long time ago but why are you writing your name under every one of your posts. Everyone can see it's you, your name is over your avatar.

To be honest: I dont know. Maybe because i know this from writing letters and think its kind of more personal. Dont know... :D

Edited by Jiraboas

Welp, I did a great post but I hit Paste instead of Copy and all was deleted.

Basically, I was saying than a lot of you are underestimating the proromance crowd, than Obsidian is looking for money and therefore can't ignore it and stay silent. They're running a business here, and more money means a better game for all of us.

It could provide the opportunity to upgrade the waits of this crowd so romances won't be made of three lines and a sweaty scene. It could add some maturity in the industry by proving how love stories in video games can be done right.

So the best they could do is treading on a fine line. Talk about it, without fearing the subject, like adults but by reassuring the nerd crowd it won't be the focus of the game and will be included organically in the story.

It also shouldn't be the core of an update. I know this crowd and I also know they can freely interpret any information as they want. Offhand comments will be enough.

Edited by Auxilius

I prefer the intellectual/romantic style in games. Even a comical side to sexual situations as seen in Fallout. But Witcher/Witcher 2 style to collect trophies....kind of meh. It definitely has its own place in gaming for sure, but please not in this one.

Yeah, and if they do i will agree with that.

And do you know why? Because the people at Obsidian use their brains, and dont dismiss their fans and customers because they "dont like romances".

When they deside that no romances should be in PE, so its a desicion made with heart and brain. Two thinks most of you lack...

kind regards,

Jira

P.S.: I hope no one gets this the wrong way. I dont want to abuse anyone...

You can't just say most people who don't agree with you are heartless and stupid and then say I don't mean to abuse anyone. It doesn't make sense. Of course you meant to insult people.

Witcher 2 had sexual conquest trophies, could you point out where please Ashram, I failed to find any.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

@Jiraboas

Romances are just a nice addition, not a requirement for me, and if Obisidian didn't want to include romances they would say that they don't see place in the story for them instead of coming up with a pathetic excuse like that. They would also probably announce it either before the kickstarter closes (when they decide to give more details) or during the development (if they haven't decided yet) instead of waiting for kickstarter to close like some shady publishes.

I didn't imply shady practices, I just meant they would wait until after the kickstarter to announce there would be no romances. And if that happens the "I gotta have romances" crowd is going to complain about donating money to the kickstarter.

@Jiraboas

I didn't imply shady practices, I just meant they would wait until after the kickstarter to announce there would be no romances. And if that happens the "I gotta have romances" crowd is going to complain about donating money to the kickstarter.

...yeah...just like the (smaller) "No romances ever" crowd is going to complain when the opposite strikes true.

Welp, I did a great post but I hit Paste instead of Copy and all was deleted.

Basically, I was saying than a lot of you are underestimating the proromance crowd, than Obsidian is looking for money and therefore can't ignore it and stay silent. They're running a business here, and more money means a better game for all of us.

It could provide the opportunity to upgrade the waits of this crowd so romances won't be made of three lines and a sweaty scene. It could add some maturity in the industry by proving how love stories in video games can be done right.

So the best they could do is treading on a fine line. Talk about it, without fearing the subject, like adults but by reassuring the nerd crowd it won't be the focus of the game and will be included organically in the story.

It also shouldn't be the core of an update. I know this crowd and I also know they can freely interpret any information as they want. Offhand comments will be enough.

I think Obsidian can do without the people who have to have romances and think their money should be put towards them instead of the game and letting Obsidian decide.

@Jiraboas

...yeah...just like the (smaller) "No romances ever" crowd is going to complain when the opposite strikes true.

Why would we complain? We're the reasonable ones.

@Jiraboas

If Obsidian knew that people are looking forward to romances they would announce it as soon as they knew for sure that they won't be in. That's the reason while they are respected unlike certain other game RPG company that promised that their game ending won't be about pushing 1 of the 3 buttons.

Witcher 2 had sexual conquest trophies, could you point out where please Ashram, I failed to find any.

We can split hairs all day....how about I clarify when I say Witcher/Witcher 2...how about Witcher 1 had cards that you collected from your sexual conquests. Witcher 2 rewarded those conquests with somewhat graphic video sequences. Either way...I don't want that in this game. Feel free to disagree which is perfectly ok, but with the issue at hand which is sex/romance and their role in this game from the OPs initial post.

Edited by Ashram

If Obsidian knew that people are looking forward to romances they would announce it as soon as they knew for sure that they won't be in. That's the reason while they are respected unlike certain other game RPG company that promised that their game ending won't be about pushing 1 of the 3 buttons.

That's why I'm letting you know. Some of you don't like RPGs and won't want to play this game without romances so withdraw your money and get it out of the way now. I'm sure Obsidian can do without a few hundred pledges from the hardcore sex simulator crowd from Bioware. Edited by Tale

Voted for no. Romance is for dating sims and AAA cinematic experiences. RPGs are supposed to be grand adventures into the fantastic, weird and dangerous, not a high school picnic in which you finally summon up the courage to ask Felicia Day to go to the prom with you. I'm trying to explore new lands and interesting philosophies while struggling with country-wide politics and my own personal conflicts. Not collect enough Acorns to donate to the Elf chick until her standing with me is high enough so that she'll put out.

• Like 2

I honestly thought i'd missed something Ashram, don't know how that served to irk you sir but I apologise profusely. Personally i'd prefer that they not show sexual encounters at all, whether dry humping or unclothed realistic sex, simply have a fade to black.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

@Jiraboas

That's why I'm letting you know. Some of you don't like RPGs and won't want to play this game without romances so withdraw your money and get it out of the way now. I'm sure Obsidian can do without a few hundred pledges from the hardcore sex simulator crowd from Bioware.

You have to be really dumb to think that someone who don't like RPGs pledged their money, seriously. But of course everyone who wants romances is a incest loving, gay Bioware fanboy, right? I wonder if you even read your own posts before sending them.

You can't just say most people who don't agree with you are heartless and stupid and then say I don't mean to abuse anyone. It doesn't make sense. Of course you meant to insult people.

Maybe you are right.

But i dont mean that people are "stupid", they dont use their brains in my opinion...

I try to explain it:

If Obsidian add romance to the game, they dont do it without thinking about it. They not only take their own opinion in account. No professional do. If we do, we cant do our work. I know Obsidian will make PE for the fans of old school rpgs and all this, but i dont think they behave like little children. Their isnt only "your opinion, my opinion". As a developer you have to make comprimisses. Everyday, again and again. And therefore i trust Obsidian, because they think about it as professionals.

But many members her dont want to see both sides. For the most it exist only their own side, and thats wrong in my opinion. As game designer you have to have a heart(mybe this sound stupid but who cares) to understand what people do want, and what they dont want. If you dont have the heart to feel for your customers and fans, you cant do a good job. I cant make an application for, um, lets say, saleswoman and try to add tousand of overhelming function she dont want and dont need. If you dont have this understanding for your customers you cant do right software for the right people.

Thats what i mean. Its hard for me to explain it in english. Sorry, if it isnt written well...

kind regards,

Jira

I think everyone needs to take a break from this discussion for a while.

This is clearly a good discussion to have, it's important to many people on both sides. But the manner of the discussion and tone is one that needs to wait for calmer passions to be taken up again.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."