Sex and Romance Poll

Romance Poll  

530 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Sex/Romance you want to see in the game?

• I want homosexual options of romance\sex
    • I want male filled testosterone kind of sex/romance, lots of cleavage and hot girls
    • I want a more Intellectual kind of sex\romance, with lots of interesting dialogue, quests and well behaved characters
    • None of the above
    • All of the above except for the 4 option

After reading this thread (and the Pedophilia thread), I changed my vote from "intellectual" to "None", and I actually liked the BG2 romances (subtle and well-written).

I can't even believe that someone would condone pedophilia in any shape or form, much less portray it in a video game. That's just wrong on every single level.

I find it pretty sad that the top viewed threads are about romances and gay/lesbian options.

I'm pretty sure Obsidian won't take the Bioware route of Twilight-esque romance and lame soft-core sex scenes, but these "hot" topics are worrisome. Focus on the gameplay, the world, and its story and history, not about making a dating sim for every sexual deviant out there.

Yeah this is just like the Bioware forums with Biowarians demanding romances that last throughout the game. It's god awful because they never shut up and will keep this thread going for 300 pages and just keep on saying they want romances and what they should be etc just like on the Bioware forums. It's terrible. Edited by Grimlorn
  • Like 1

After reading this thread (and the Pedophilia thread), I changed my vote from "intellectual" to "None", and I actually liked the BG2 romances (subtle and well-written).

I can't even believe that someone would condone pedophilia in any shape or form, much less portray it in a video game. That's just wrong on every single level.

If you saw the Bioware forums around the DA2 release, there were people clamoring for incest by romancing your sister or mother. These are the kinds of people that want romances in games and can't live without them.

I find it pretty sad that the top viewed threads are about romances and gay/lesbian options.

I'm pretty sure Obsidian won't take the Bioware route of Twilight-esque romance and lame soft-core sex scenes, but these "hot" topics are worrisome. Focus on the gameplay, the world, and its story and history, not about making a dating sim for every sexual deviant out there.

Yeah this is just like the Bioware forums with Biowarians demanding romances that last throughout the game. It's god awful because they never shut up and will keep this thread going for 300 pages and just keep on saying they want romances and what they should be etc just like on the Bioware forums. It's god awful.

If your romance options include a girl who can never take off her suit, mentally challenged ex-flying elf and an alien from a race of blue space lesbians you are going to attract certain kind of people, you know.

If you saw the Bioware forums around the DA2 release, there were people clamoring for incest by romancing your sister or mother. These are the kinds of people that want romances in games and can't live without them.

To be fair none of them are probably here. Yet. So let's not give them any incentive to come.

• Like 1

Say no to popamole!

The fact you would compare romances to a mac version is.......... well let's say silly.

It isnt. You miss the point.

I argue with you about this, and you ignore me. You not more than a troll, i think...

Mac user and Linux user are people that will pledge for this game that might otherwise not.

Yeah and when a backer complained that there will be no romance than he is a wacko? Thats does make sense...NOT!

They are not a drain on resources, because they have been budgeted as stretch goals.

All limited ressources are forget because of a strech goal? Are you really serious? Or you just kidding? I cant belive it...

Romances are a drain on resources, an unnecessary one.

This is only your opinion and it will be your opinion until the rest of you live...deal with it!

Romance have nothing to do with RPGs.

Just great. You ARE a troll...

Jira

Yeah this is just like the Bioware forums with Biowarians demanding romances that last throughout the game. It's god awful because they never shut up and will keep this thread going for 300 pages and just keep on saying they want romances and what they should be etc just like on the Bioware forums. It's terrible.

Exactly. All I want is a classic RPG with excellent tactical gameplay and a world with rich history and plenty of exploration. Everyone can agree on that, right? You will NEVER please everyone by including romances these days. Someone, some fetish, some deviant, some whatever will always feel left out and bitch and moan when their perfect romance option isn't included how they want it to be. And I really don't want to be presented with incest, pedophilia, zoophilia, whatever the hell just because the devs felt they had to please the fringe. If romances are your main attraction to what P:E could offer, kindly f--k right off back to your Bioware or Furaffinity forum or your virtual harem in Skyrim.

I only made it to the end of Chapter 1 in DA2 and permanently shelved the game where it has sat collecting dust ever since.

I am supporting this project because it is NOT going to be anything like what Bioware has been regurgitating out for the past several years. I did spend alot of time in DA:O, but it doesn't hold a candle to what this game could potentially achieve. The BSN has been a cesspool for quite some time.

Now that's RPG mechanics, because it serves a point in the actual story. BG romances didn't have any point.

That is like saying that a story does not have a point... :facepalm:

Pretty sure the story was about being the son of Bhaal and Irenicus's plot, but okay. They were completely optional and you had to actually mine conversations with the companions to get them. You could avoid them completely and it never affects the story one bit.

I just thought they were silly little minigames, and what's worse they didn't actually change anything after (apart from the companion staying in your party), which made them even more jarring.

it changed the epilogue and the "farewell" they give you if you choose godhood or not at the end of ToB...the romances also added in some small personal quests of their own

Of the first 500 voters, 136 (or 27%) don't want any romances.

The percentage was a bit higher earlier on, but probably still fluctuates quite a bit.

I could say that out of 30 000 backers, 136 are the minority not wanting romance options or sex in the game, but that'd just be silly.

What I can say though, is by conventional wisdom (assuming the people here are reasonably representative sample of potential customers)

the poll results now have an error margin of about 5%, or slightly less. 500 is big enough sample to make accurate estimates from.

To be on the safe side, it can be assumed 2/3 of potential Eternity purchasers rather want, and 1/3 don't want romances in the game.

Edited by Jarmo

Skyrim has harems now?

Of the first 500 voters, 136 (or 27%) don't want any romances.

The percentage was a bit higher earlier on, but probably still fluctuates quite a bit.

I could say that out of 30 000 backers, 136 are the minority not wanting romance options or sex in the game, but that'd just be silly.

What I can say though, is by conventional wisdom (assuming the people here are reasonably representative sample of potential customers) the poll results now have an error margin of about 5%, or slightly less. 500 is big enough sample to make accurate estimates from.

To be on the safe side, it can be assumed 2/3 of potential Eternity purchasers rather want, and 1/3 don't want romances in the game.

Holy mangled statistics, Batman. Where did you learn these tricks, Libya?

Edited by evdk
  • Like 1

Say no to popamole!

Yeah this is just like the Bioware forums with Biowarians demanding romances that last throughout the game. It's god awful because they never shut up and will keep this thread going for 300 pages and just keep on saying they want romances and what they should be etc just like on the Bioware forums. It's terrible.

Exactly. All I want is a classic RPG with excellent tactical gameplay and a world with rich history and plenty of exploration. Everyone can agree on that, right? You will NEVER please everyone by including romances these days. Someone, some fetish, some deviant, some whatever will always feel left out and bitch and moan when their perfect romance option isn't included how they want it to be. And I really don't want to be presented with incest, pedophilia, zoophilia, whatever the hell just because the devs felt they had to please the fringe. If romances are your main attraction to what P:E could offer, kindly f--k right off back to your Bioware or Furaffinity forum or your virtual harem in Skyrim.

Again...

Again Romance can perfectly fit in the Story: No one here is talking about the Bioware approach where you can lay her/him down in 20 minutes. The realtionship should evolve through the story and not when you want it to be by talk to someone again and again.

I don't even care for a gay and lesbian option. I just want to have some romance. Not a dating sim. Not even different characters you can romance with but a romance inside the story. Like something that ties 2 people together through the story. And you can decide if you let it happen or not. That is really not much to ask for.

Grimlorn there wouldn't be such a debate if you agreed with us and supported the idea of romances and sex with characters . And as I mentioned because this is what the majority of people want you should acquiesce to this point? You would be making the right moral choice.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Holy ****, you guys.

You have been 23 entire pages, and over 440 replies, arguing over whether romances are a good thing to have in the game or not. And out of all those posts, practically none are productive. Most of them are a back-and-forth between a few people, always retreading the same points.

This is not a discussion, it's attrition warfare. Stop trying to convince each other, because you're clearly not going to ever do it. You're only going to reinforce the opinions of the other side.

Tha sad thing is, I have interest in character interactions in general, and thus I have some interest in seeing what could be done with player romances. But nothing productive is going to come out of discussions like this :facepalm:

• Like 4

Guys, keep to the topic of sex and romance in games.

If the only thing you have to say to someone is to call them a troll, then just don't say anything.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Holy ****, you guys.

You have been 23 entire pages, and over 440 replies, arguing over whether romances are a good thing to have in the game or not. And out of all those posts, practically none are productive. Most of them are a back-and-forth between a few people, always retreading the same points.

This is not a discussion, it's attrition warfare. Stop trying to convince each other, because you're clearly not going to ever do it. You're only going to reinforce the opinions of the other side.

Tha sad thing is, I have interest in character interactions in general, and thus I have some interest in seeing what could be done with player romances. But nothing productive is going to come out of discussions like this :facepalm:

the devs probably already know which direction they will take companions relationships, I`m pretty sure though, since this is a mature setting, there will be Hookers!!

:w00t:

In all likelyhood they do. A romance plotline doesn`t need to be super elaborate, it doesn`t need to even be super complicated or central to the story.

Heck, when you think about it...it doesn't even need to be there at all!

Obviously I disagree. As I've said, it gives the characters more depth and feeling. Makes them come more alive.