Sex and Romance Poll

Romance Poll  

530 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Sex/Romance you want to see in the game?

• I want homosexual options of romance\sex
    • I want male filled testosterone kind of sex/romance, lots of cleavage and hot girls
    • I want a more Intellectual kind of sex\romance, with lots of interesting dialogue, quests and well behaved characters
    • None of the above
    • All of the above except for the 4 option

It's all about opinion. When have I said otherwise?

The point is that the discussion is meaningless. In the end you consider them a waste I consider them good, and discussing how much work it takes to make them is meaningless because you won't want devs to spend even one man-hour of them. We should stop before we waste even more time on that discussion.

Doesn't mean I'm not going to voice my opinion.

Well done compare Obsidians latest games to bio's first two games........... :rolleyes:

The point was that Bioware also don't have to make romances.

Go say that on the bio forums........... Then return to reality. Bio has to it's expected, desired, demanded, worshiped.

I'm thinking more about other people who would be interested in buying the game after the release, the ones who didn't play every Obsidian RPG ever released.

You do realize, when counted fully, gamers don't care about romances. Bio fans are a minority, not a majority.

Silly? As silly as demanding not to have romances so you can have other in-game features instead? Or less silly because Mac version doesn't add to the content of the game itself and a Mac version can be considered after the release of the Windows version?

Why is it "only I'm allowed to voice my opinion" with you romance lot.

Everything in the frakking game is a drain on resources. Are we ok in that? Or do we disagree?

Of course, but Mac and Linux users have been budgeted into the stretch goals. Romances haven't been mentioned, and the last thing I think about when thinking BG and PS:T is romances. Therefore I assume implementing them will be a drain on resources. A drain I don't want.

But the real issue is about if in a game that is supposed to be mature, and which happens to be an RPG, romance has a place as one of the interactions (not necesarily with the companions, normal NPCs need love too :p ).

Disagree, I see no need for it.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

If you may look back on the last page, you did respond to my post by saying Torment actually had romance (which I sadly can't edit that post anymore) but you nay gave a respond aside from that.

What about your post, other than a list which proves nothing toward the argument, should you like me to respond to? I swear I'll give it my best shot.

ignoring facts while arguing with the whole PE community.

Give me a few "facts" and I swear I'll pay them attention and respond.

You are welcome to read what has been written in this thread.

Too bad it makes little sense beyond "I like romance". I believe at this point any sort of consesus is unreachable. We will both have to see what Obsidian will come to the table with.

Say no to popamole!

What about the option for the local town Cleric in the Temple being a psycho pedophile who rapes sick young boys in exchange for healing them of diseases with magic. You can either white knight him and stop his horrible acts, or sign up as his missionary apprentice and go find sick boys in the countryside who need "healing".

Too morally amiguous?

What about your post, other than a list which proves nothing toward the argument, should you like me to respond to? I swear I'll give it my best shot.

So, by the posting frequency I'd say you finally begged enough and Tigranes let you out of moderation queue?

Say no to popamole!

What about the option for the local town Cleric in the Temple being a psycho pedophile who rapes sick young boys in exchange for healing them of diseases with magic. You can either white knight him and stop his horrible acts, or sign up as his missionary apprentice and go find sick boys in the countryside who need "healing".

Too morally amiguous?

No too stupid. Edited by Darji

"I want more intellectual kind of romance [...]"

There's a big disconnect between this option and what people are posting in this thread. Many seem to be praising BG2 as an example of good romance, specifically Aerie. That particular romance embodies everything that is wrong with romance in RPG's (remember inventory baby), which only proves that your ideas of a "intellectual kind of romance" are horrible and this is why you cannot be allowed to have any influence over the game. Please crawl back to the bio boards.

Edited by Continuity

"I want more intellectual kind of romance [...]"

There's a big disconnect between this option and what people are posting in this thread. Many seem to be praising BG2 as an example of good romance, specifically Aerie. That particular romance embodies everything that is wrong with romance in RPG's (remember inventory baby), which only proves that your ideas of a "intellectual kind of romance" is horrible and this is why you cannot be allowed to have any influence over the game. Please crawl back to the bio boards.

So because of this small thing you think it was bad? I am sorry but the actual conversations and also quest involved where fantastic. I loved to listen and read to these conversations because they were intelligent as well.

Too morally amiguous?

That is as offensive as portraying gays as sickos who want to murder heterosexuals out of revenge.

I think that its not only offensive for pedophiles, worse, its unreallistic and it vilifies people. I think that a good-hearted, kind, honest pedophile, not a "Cleric psycho who rapes young boys" would be far more realistic and honest. Trying to include and respect pedophile people is far better than vilify us. Many pedophiles are teens and play videogames just like anyone else, and would like to see a person to who they could identify with.

Too morally amiguous?

That is as offensive as portraying gays as sickos who want to murder heterosexuals out of revenge.

I think that its not only offensive for pedophiles, worse, its unreallistic and it vilifies people. I think that a good-hearted, kind, honest pedophile, not a "Cleric psycho who rapes young boys" would be far more realistic and honest. Trying to include and respect pedophile people is far better than vilify us. Many pedophiles are teens and play videogames just like anyone else, and would like to see a person to who they could identify with.

It was a joke

I find it pretty sad that the top viewed threads are about romances and gay/lesbian options.

I'm pretty sure Obsidian won't take the Bioware route of Twilight-esque romance and lame soft-core sex scenes, but these "hot" topics are worrisome. Focus on the gameplay, the world, and its story and history, not about making a dating sim for every sexual deviant out there.

• Like 1

@TwinkleGorilla

People look to Mass Effect as one of the leading example of video game romance, and to NV as the leading example of good portrayal of gay in video games, but what exactly does it prove.

No they are not. Almost no one wants a Mass effect like romance option. Again look at Baldurs gate 2 for example. That is the romance most of us want. Not the Bioware one.

The point was that the mainstream, not people here consider it as such.

What are you not understanding here? Mass Effect is an Action-RPG designed for consoles. It is not a cRPG. This is a fact.

I'm not talking about removing anything. I'm talking about not including frivolous and unnecessary LARP-oriented nonsense which will not add anything substantial to the game.

Yes, it's centered around consoles, so what?

Also there is much "unnecessary stuff" in RPGs that are included because people like them. Just because something is not essential doesn't mean it shouldn't be there.

I also don't understand what does it have to do with larping, playing video games is probably as far from larping as you can get while still playing something called RPG.

@Bos_hybrid

You misinterpreted my post I'm not stopping the argument because I think you shouldn't state your opinion, but because since the argument is centered around tastes after stating both of ours opinions there is simply nothing to add.

Edited by BasaltineBadger

I find it pretty sad that the top viewed threads are about romances and gay/lesbian options.

I'm pretty sure Obsidian won't take the Bioware route of Twilight-esque romance and lame soft-core sex scenes, but these "hot" topics are worrisome. Focus on the gameplay, the world, and its story and history, not about making a dating sim for every sexual deviant out there.

Again Romance can perfectly fit in the Story: No one here is talking about the Bioware approach where you can lay her/him down in 20 minutes. The realtionship should evolve through the story and not when you want it to be by talk to someone again and again.

Too morally amiguous?

I'm going out on a limb and calling these remarks sarcasm at its finest, no?

@TwinkleGorilla

People look to Mass Effect as one of the leading example of video game romance, and to NV as the leading example of good portrayal of gay in video games, but what exactly does it prove.

No they are not. Almost no one wants a Mass effect like romance option. Again look at Baldurs gate 2 for example. That is the romance most of us want. Not the Bioware one.

And this is not a mainstream game so who cares about that?

es had romances foisted on them by the publishers. Several of important developers are on record saying that they dislike them.

Link ?

So far I have this:

http://forums.obsidi..._120__p__725311

Not entirely what I had in mind but still informative.

Yes, very informative. J.E. Sawyer doesn`t hate romance in games, he just hates how it`s portrayed in games usually. Seems he agrees with me based on his post in that thread.

I hate repeating myself but do they have the resources to make such better romances? We'll see how much money they managed to cajole from the faithful.

In all likelyhood they do. A romance plotline doesn`t need to be super elaborate, it doesn`t need to even be super complicated or central to the story. Just have it there to add more depth and feeling to the characters. Make it feel natural. It`s actually not THAT difficult to write and no, it doesn`t need to culminate in sex. The scripting for a romance plotline with a character is simple so all that it comes down to is the actual writing and how much time and money THAT would take up and the answer really is that it shouldn`t be some huge drain on resources.

Too morally amiguous?

maybe in the future man, for now its time for the gay rights parade...

@TwinkleGorilla

And this is not a mainstream game so who cares about that?

Yes, it's not a mainstream game, what does it have to do with argument?