Musical Poll

What do you think of Mark Grisky composing KOTOR2's musical score instead of Jeremy Soule?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Mark Grisky composing KOTOR2's musical score instead of Jeremy Soule?

• Go for it LucasArts
    • No, get Soule back!!!
    • Screw them! I want John Williams to compose the score!

*listens to the samplers on the site*

If this is the same Mark Griskey, I think KOTOR2's soundtrack is in good hands :blink:

From the website: "Mark's current projects include Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords and motion picture trailers for X-Ray Dog."

It's him :p

I have no clue who Mark Grisky is or how good he is so I had to vote between the other two.

I enjoyed the musical scores in KOTOR, so Soule did a good job, but John Williams is the master, so obviously I would pick him.

This poll might have been better if you'd left Williams out of it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Now that's a shame: all of those links seem to produce an error  :(

*googles*

Aha!

http://griskey.griskey.com/

Thanks for the link.

Judging by his samples, one can say that he's competent, nothing spectacular, but competent.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Soule was a mix, to me.  Some of his stuff wasn't competent, some of it was really extraordinary.  The sappy, "Bastila" theme comes to mind. 

I thought that the Bastila theme was the best piece of music in the entire game, especially when you reach the summit of the Rakattan temple and it kicks in. I also liked the Sith Theme, the Old Republic Theme, and The Dantooine Theme. If Soule was lacking anywhere it was with the battle music. The battle music on Kashyyyk is annoying at best and brings forth visions of Ewoks dancing in my head. The rest of it, with the exception of the final battle music, is all just kinda meh.

I have no clue who Mark Grisky is or how good he is so I had to vote between the other two.

I enjoyed the musical scores in KOTOR, so Soule did a good job, but John Williams is the master, so obviously I would pick him.

This poll might have been better if you'd left Williams out of it.

Exactly

And John Williams scores as of late have been pretty forgettable.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban had it's moments, but over all it was a terribly annoying soundtrack to listen to. AOTC was nothing but a rehash of TPM score. Didn't George and John know that people would recognize the same musical cues in the score?

Other Williams efforts have been boring rehashes of earlier scores. Some scores sound like Hook, others sound like he didn't really give that much of a creative effort. The last score Williams created that I truly enjoyed was Minority Report. A.I was excellent, so I was really dissapointed with Harry POA. Catch Me If You Can and The Terminal? Sorry I picked them up. Lately Williams scores sound like they are being written for a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Don't misunderstand me, Williams is one of my all time favs, but lately his scores leave much to be desired.