What type of "player house" would you like?

Choose your "player house"  

378 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like most as a "player house"

One which is tied to my character's class, personality, overarching plot, does't just serve to stock loot and has related quests and stuff.

Yep.

But I also found interesting what somebody in the comments on kickstarter suggested: Wouldn't it be great if your companions that you don't want to / can't bring with you would influence your home? E.g. the warrior trains your guards (if you have a fortress) giving you benefits in certain circumstances, or the bard manages your inn and you gain some extra coins... This would also add another level to the decision making on whom you want to bring with you. And therefore give you another reason to re-play the game... As I said this is not my own idea, but my mind was blown by it :)

Edited by Remus
  • Like 2

I would like a tree-fortress, with an inn and dungeon, and an customizeable airship anchored amongst the branches.

I'm serious.

And then you'd travel around with that airship, from town to town, region to region, or nation to nation. So that no matter where you went, you'd have that "hub" or "base" with you. And then you'd have a real, major "home base" in the fortress.

Furthermore, I'd like to see the player "home" significantly tied to your choice of race, class, and choices made in the story, subquests or universe. Different choices should result in you being able to recruit different characters or vendors, or get different upgrades. For example, if you can fit a temple into the fortress (or whatever we end up with), that should have a profound and long-lasting effect on almost everything else. Your choice of race could make the difference between a wall of living hedges defending your keep, or a massive thick wall covered in spikes.

Seems too OP in my opinion.

Unfortunately, for now speculating about housing options are pretty much null, since we have absolutely no information as to the nature of the setting itself.

Yeah, whats the point of speculating in a forum that is called "Project Eternity Speculation & Discussion".

I would agree. However, those strongholds, at least to my tastes, should be extremely quirky, with many options of altering it to fit your tastes, achievements and perhaps even the trophies one has gathered. I don't need a generic "warrior fortress, mage tower, rogue guild", I want something fun and unique!

the coolest hangout in a game ever was the Highwind from FFVII. a Ship would be nice so you aren't tied to one location, but i would settle for a gypsy wagon so i could take all my stuff to the next town.

Oh I love this, a Gypsy Wagon, it's not possible to edit the poll, is it?

I'd rather you be able to choose from multiple that are completely independent from the plot and entirely optional and customize-able. Have a tower that only a few types of magic users can access. Have a "hole in the wall" place for your thief or assassin that you can unlock through a quest line that requires those skills to complete. Have a nice inn for the warrior, that he likes to come visit when he has to take a break from his journey.

Then, take all of them and make them available to anyone for an exorbitant amount if they so choose. That way people can get the house that most 'fits' their class for cheap or through a quest, but if I really want to be the bad ass paladin who chooses to live in a dank slum because I have a past I'm not proud of, let me do that too.

Houses should fit for the class and story choices of your character, but you should be able to get one that you want if the house you are supplied with through that character type doesn't suit your fancy.

• Like 2

Considering what they have said about the story so far I'd prefer the Housing to be minimalist, like I rent a room at an Inn on a permanent basis or I invest in an Inn and someone else runs it while I get a permanent room for myself. If it was a ship I'd like it not be "my ship" but just a ship I own or am invested in, so that it doesn't become ridiculous where everywhere I go I have a ship behind me with everything I own on it and 30 sailors...who for some reason won't help me out in fights.

The basic idea of the Fortress in BG2 was just to have somewhere to store stuff and flesh out your class choice with a fortress + quests. I don't want some Sims house where I can decorate it etc, in my opinion that is not what this game is about.

Normal house that I can decor and store stuff in would be enough for me :) . Stronghold with a structured side-quest that goes along with it would be even better, but hey...

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

I must admit that the thought of owning an Inn is at the top of my want list. Every Tom, ****, and Harry can have a keep, but to own an inn one needs to have puffy-red cheeks, a loud booming voice, and a handy club behind the counter. In a fortress everyone obeys your every whim, in an inn you get to smack some drunken heads.

And I want to smack some heads in my game. :D

• Like 2

The Obsidian Orders Royal Pain

"Ouch"

The Magic User in me wants a good ol' Wizard's Tower or a deceptively humble house that's not on the inside as it appears on the outside. An NWN2 style keep would be welcome as well. The most important thing to me, however, rather what the home is . . . would be that you can upgrade it, improve on and make it your own in some manner - even from a style point of view, much like the decorator in NWN2 or, er, Fable 3 (*ducks*) could decorate your home in different themes.

Edited by Umberlin

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

I think a "house" like a normal house in "Fable" its useless AND boring...and doesnt add anything new.

A good idea, in my opinion, its to add something like Suikoden 2 did, when your character (and allies) capture the vampire´s RUINED CASTLE and use it as it base of operations.

But implementing a deep RPG like customization, like defese improvement and upgrade, barracks for an allied (or own) army/ies, to put an example.

Obsidian crew, hope u are reading this!!!

Regards everyone.

Ps: sorry for my grammar!

I think a "house" like a normal house in "Fable" its useless AND boring...and doesnt add anything new.

A good idea, in my opinion, its to add something like Suikoden 2 did, when your character (and allies) capture the vampire´s RUINED CASTLE and use it as it base of operations.

But implementing a deep RPG like customization, like defese improvement and upgrade, barracks for an allied (or own) army/ies, to put an example.

Obsidian crew, hope u are reading this!!!

Regards everyone.

Ps: sorry for my grammar!

Yeah, Suikoden I, II and V did do a great job with the games castles. Really gave it a sense of use and importance. Suikoden V though really should have given you your castle sooner than it did.

I think the first player house for this first game should be a house.

I figure, since this is the first title in what they hope to be an IP, the first game should take players through the low to mid levels of what their system can handle. So, this could be like how BG1 & TotSC took players through low level DnD. At those levels, a moderately size house with accompanying property is appropriate.

Perhaps in sequels and expansions, players would grow in levels and be able to have more impressive strongholds as they level.

I would just request some choice in house venue (forest, city, rural, etc).