Things I would like to see...

Dear Obsidian!

thank you for giving us the chance to take part in a unique process of game development. I for one do not share the current opinion of publishers that Free2Play / Pay2Win and online multiplayer games / casual gaming / browser games is the future.

I like single player games! I game for the story, the atmosphere and the immersion. I like to explore and be rewarded for my achievements. I began gaming with Baldurs Gate and it still is one of the best if not the best PC game I played. Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment were on a similar level.

If you manage to capture this spirit than PE will deliver more than anyone currently expects. Although the huge KS success proves of the longing of the gamers for a game like that.

For inspiration you may want to take a look at the REALMS OF ARKANIA series (found on GOG.com here: http://www.gog.com/e..._of_arkania_1_2 and here: http://www.gog.com/e...ms_of_arkania_3) which is a cRPG series from german developers published in the late '90s. Great games!

Below you find some things I would like to see in PE (just after quick brainstorming):

Deep enriching story line.

25h plus singleplayer campaign.

Voice acting through the entire game.

A satisfying end game plus cinematic.

Party chatter and player character / npc interaction.

Companion background stories and unlockable upgrades through story progression similar to Baldurs Gate.

A way of storytelling that binds the player to his/her companions and which makes the "party" a believable "band of brothers".

Character customization and party management (inventory / equipment / level progress / perks).

Believable and rewarding quests rewards (no generic leveled chests please).

Rare & unique items / weapons & armor with impact (e.g in Skyrim most unique items were inferior to self smithed items).

Free rotating camera or zoom support (when perspective is fixed). [Wasn't that technique used in Dungeon Siege 3] *within reason

Auto Map / Minimap / Questmarkers on/off / custom map markers.

A PC optimized and well layed out user interface.

Auto comparison between equipped and inventory items.

Unique art sets for different types of armor and weapons.

High res textures and state of the art fx.

Multicore cpu support.

All the best to the team. BTW I wonder where KS will end up at.... :-D

Edited by Knacki99
  • Like 1

Dear Obsidian!

thank you for giving us the chance to take part in a unique process of game development. I for one do not share the current opinion of publishers that Free2Play / Pay2Win and online multiplayer games / casual gaming / browser games is the future.

This is very important. I think many do not realize how endangered SP games have become. EA CEO or something recently said he was proud they did not approved any single player games in recent time and they will only do multiplayer games. And indeed EA turned Command and Conquer series into F2P. STALKER 2 dev disbanded and are now working on F2P MMO Survarium. Everyone wants to make online F2P games these days. :(

I personally believe that someday we will have to look towards indie dev or crowd funded project to make quality single player games. This is why I have no problem putting down as much money as I can afford into projects like this that are willing to focus on single player game.

• Like 3

I love almost all of these wishes, voice acting the most, albeit i hate PC voice acting. But all side characters and even "involved" npc's should be Mostly voiced dialogue skipping spots is fine with me like asking an npc about town when it's not necessary, i get it, save on time money and space. While the immersion is nice it's not entirely necessary.

Believable rewards is the only part i guess that concerns me...I mean the innkeeper has an epic item by happenstance he's willing to just part with no matter how epic the chain was to likely "save his life"? unlikely so most rewards we'd be getting would be slop if they were believable, but I see where you were intending on going with this I think. and I totally agree side quests should be rewarded not make a person avoid them just because of bad loot and a waste of time from it.

The camera will likely be fixed if the environment is proposed to be mostly 2d with 3d elements. where as it will likely be an isometric like design element, similar to many of their previous titles.

we also know they talked about the old party formation styles on the infinity engine, It is noticeable on the whiteboard in the background of the thank you video.

Maybe it was talk of how to make formations new or just a re imagining of an old mechanic but we know it was discussed to some level ^_^.

Edit: wrong engine my mistake

Edited by h4mm32
  • Like 1

Dear Obsidian!

This is very important. I think many do not realize how endangered SP games have become. EA CEO or something recently said he was proud they did not approved any single player games in recent time and they will only do multiplayer games. And indeed EA turned Command and Conquer series into F2P. STALKER 2 dev disbanded and are now working on F2P MMO Survarium. Everyone wants to make online F2P games these days. :(

I personally believe that someday we will have to look towards indie dev or crowd funded project to make quality single player games. This is why I have no problem putting down as much money as I can afford into projects like this that are willing to focus on single player game.

I agree totally with what you have said but one light at the end of the tunnel is that Bethesda have the Stalker IP now so at least that is something, hugs :cat:

Something I really want is hand drawn backgrounds, I love me some art :3

Oh and a mage familiar! :D

Edited by Moonlight Butterfly
  • Like 1

Agree with most of the post however:

Voice acting through the entire game.

Just not going to happen, do you realize how much VA costs?

Besides they've already said it going to be there as flavor only. (minimal amount)

Free rotating camera or zoom support (when perspective is fixed). [Wasn't that technique used in Dungeon Siege 3] *within reason

This doesn't look like it's happening. Everything said points to the IE engine fixed isometric view.

A PC optimized

It's PC only. So no need to be optimized.

plus cinematic

No need for this. Cinematics are very expensive.

High res textures and state of the art fx.

Again small budget, this isn't going to be Crysis 3.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
  • Like 1
cylon_basestar_eye.gif