Wheel of time

Jasong87

Just speaking for myself, not anybody else, but I think it's very unlikely. The rights to develop games for the franchise currently rests with Red Eagle Games (not sure if that's the exact name) and the only serious attempt they've made so far to realise a WoT game was a kickstarter for tactical combat games for mobile phones or some such. The cancelled the kickstarter 4 days prematurely having achieved nothing even remotely close to their target.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There was a WoT game, but I believe it was based off the Hexen engine (a Doom clone). You could only cast spells by picking up the appropriate weapons (ter-angreal); It was pretty lame.

Interesting that you brought it up though as Robert Jordan always wanted to write a story about a man in his middle years that suddenly had his life turned upside down by magic/supernatural forces, and the story would revolve around how he copes with the changes etc.

Hopefully Project Eternity will let you play the game for a bit at the start and get used to the 'real world' in a similar manner before it is turned upside down by the 'supernatural event'.

This would also be similar to disaster and horror movies that always take 30mins-1hr to set the scene with the 'real world', and let you get to know the characters, before everything turns to custard.

Alternatively, if the game opens with the event, then even though the character's life may be severely impacted, it's not really anything special to the player as this is all you have known..

I can dream.. :biggrin:

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I am just wondering as i was hoping that your countdown last week was going to reveal a wheel of time game, as to whether this is a project that is going to be going ahead at some time in the not too distant future.

Actually, Red Eagle approached Obsidian to make the WoT games back in 2010. 

http://au.gamespot.com/news/obsidian-riding-wheel-of-time-6250423

Though it's not clear whether Red Eagle has been able to supply Obsidian with the necessary funding to do so.

[EDIT: I just realised that I made the previous post too; sorry about double-posting]

Edited by Pollypally