Who didn't like minsc I mean honestly? Not to mention his admirable fatherly qualities about what NOT to teach your hamster.

With all this in question I'm seriously going to pursue contact with his Rep/Agent about the speculative cost, albeit unknown voicing quantity, on what one such a project might cost to procure one such talent for this title. He brings a seriously raw amount of ability to the table and I am willing to even start a separate kickstarter just to get this happening I would encourage all to keep their eyes posted here and show signs of interest by posting as well.

On a side note if there is some one I could get in contact with over at the offices of obsidian on a level of involvement by having a character such as minsc, voiced by cummings, involved in the project I would love to find a way to do this as well. Please read my post OBS.

He also replaced jeremy irons after he threw his voice out doing a song, "be prepared", for lion king. After the line "you won't get a sniff with out me" is all jim cummings' singing talent. He's done video games and movies galore with multiple different voice talent styles. While most of his personas may still be recognizable he , by my belief, has much more skill than many of the voice actors we see today. I'll avoid naming examples not to ruffle feathers.

Oh i'm not implying doing their work for them by any stretch but it's been said they are concerned with getting strong talent by issue of cost, I'm circumventing a problem based off of interest, simply put.

He is true master of the craft. I wouldn't mind if he did ALL of the male voices in the game. :wub:

• Like 1
Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

Oh i'm not implying doing their work for them by any stretch but it's been said they are concerned with getting strong talent by issue of cost, I'm circumventing a problem based off of interest, simply put.

Are you stating that through you Obsidian could get some sort of advantage rather than contacting Jim on their own?

Are you stating that through you Obsidian could get some sort of advantage rather than contacting Jim on their own?

If Obsidian posts a kickstarter or a strech goal with professional vocal talent to be ad endum to this project I would gladly put all funding that i made on kickstarter(and I mean all), towards this project. Even more than I have already pledged myself on top of that. I'm not sure why you insist on an undertone attack at my character or anything on my nature of being but I assure you There's no ego trip or self edification involved.

I'm just saying, wouldn't it make more sense for Obsidian to add it themselves as a stretch goal or something? THe way you phrased your previous post I wasn't sure if you were stating that you could help with the cost. I'm not sure what advantages organizing a supplemental kickstarter would really do since there's already one active, but the idea of going and contacting Jim (or his Agent) on behalf of Obsidian for this strikes me as going just a little bit too far.

Yes it's Kickstarter so there's a degree of fan input, and the enthusiasm by people is great. But Obsidian are the pros here and at some point you have to let the talented folks work their magic.

I love the Industry for material such as this project, I love black isle and it's reborn/evolved form Obsidian, I want nothing more than for this project to bring back what games used to be.

I went to school for game design because I loved these games so much that they drove me to learn how to make a quality product and to have to tools to sell them.

I'm not taking up obsidian's reins. I simply see that funding may be short, I even understand why, but the likelihood of them outright adding in voice acting, let alone specific, on one persons whims and wishes is null to slim. It will take forum attention and possibly even a side project such as a kickstarter cause to raise enough awareness to make something happen.

I saw an avenue and I'm pursuing it to the best of my competency. I'm asking myself what I can do, besides tell my friends and donate money, to make this a better experience for everyone is that so wrong alanschu?

Jim Cummings is exactly the type of voice I'd like to hear in the game, absolutely dripping with character, able to imbue a small amount of lines with so much energy. The only problem is that he won't be cheap...ultimately I'd prefer the money to be spent on the game itself but I do think that memorable voices are important in a game like this.

I love good voice acting but I would rather money was not spent on expensive stars. There are plenty of young people out there who would love to do voice acting and are studying it. The studio is located in California near Los Angles. I would imagine that Obsidian could find young actors, middle aged actors, even old actors that would love to do some voice overs for a reasonable price. People with a variety of accents not just poring so called standard American English.

• Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Ehhhh, I'd hesitate to start doing Obsidian's work for them.

Agreed. Obsidian has ALWAYS gotten that certain person that just embodies the character they have in mind. Finding that perfect voice that matches the character is best left up to them. They have done a great job of it so far on previous games.

• Like 1