Does anyone remember the riddles in BG2? Yay or Nay?

Riddles in Project Eternity  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be Riddles in Project Eternity?

• Yes! Just like the ones in BG2
    • No! They're pointless, people will just look up the answers on gamefaqs

A challenging quest for me would be color coordinating an outfit for a ball. "What do you mean, green pantaloons and a pink shirt don't match?!"

Grandiose statements, cryptic warnings, blind fanboyisim and an opinion that leaves no room for argument and will never be dissuaded. Welcome to the forums, you'll go far in this place my boy, you'll go far!

The people who are a part of the "Fallout Community" have been refined and distilled over time into glittering gems of hatred.

Well, although I enjoyed the puzzles in BG2, they were ridiculously easy compared to a few older games with puzzles. Getting to choose from a list did that I think. Not that I am advocating having to write the answer, but I am not sure what use a puzzle which is too easy, have.

Sure, put the riddles in. I found the ones in BG2 to be very easy, but that's also because you only had about eight options to answer. Most of them didn't make any sense whatsoever, so then you just had to pick out of a couple that did make sense. For me, it was more about the flavor than the difficulty.

I'm with evdk on that. Folks will look up the answers. Sure. :Cant's shrug an bemused smile icon: I will say, however, I'd rather have the riddles like Fallout 2. lol Seriously, though, I think good riddles are part of the BG/IWD/PS:T tradition. Bring 'em on!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Betrayal at Krondor had a fair few stumpers on the puzzle boxes, always refreshing to go to bed with a nice brain tickler to ruminate on. They were a mix of world lore and general knowledge, encouraging you to pay attention to the setting and its minutiae.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Yes b/c it is a traditional feature of the IE games which PE is clearly stated to have evolved from. I would be very surprised if they don't make and appearance.

Aside: I remember getting stuck of a few of them though my brain generally didn't work that when when I was playing at 1 o'clock in the morning....great times!

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

They're pointless, people will just look up the answers on gamefaqs

I pity the people who do. There is great satisfaction in completing such riddles on your own, even if it takes a while. I found it an important part of the overall game experience in the InfinityEngine games.

Although I will agree that most riddles should be contained to a single area, in order to not be annoying.

Edited by anek