Stretch Goal - hire Justin Sweet to make portraits.

An example of a very skilled "portrait artist" would be Dave Rapoza (he's been doing a lot of fanart portraits lately, TMNT and stuff)

Wow, Dave is really talented. Dark and beautiful portrait art.

How could somebody want Justin Sweet to do the portraits after they see stuff like this:

http://daverapoza.cghub.com/images/

WOW! The only problem is that Dave is certainly very expensive....

I wouldn't say he'd charge more than Sweet.

While I like his stuff a lot, he seems to gravitate towards very over the top macho stuff, I'd still prefer Sweet for RPG portraits.

(then again, I might be surprised, Dave has proven to be quite versatile with his approach in the past)

======================================
http://janpospisil.daportfolio.com/ - my portfolio
http://janpospisil.blogspot.cz/ - my blog

An example of a very skilled "portrait artist" would be Dave Rapoza (he's been doing a lot of fanart portraits lately, TMNT and stuff)

Wow, Dave is really talented. Dark and beautiful portrait art.

How could somebody want Justin Sweet to do the portraits after they see stuff like this:

http://daverapoza.cghub.com/images/

WOW! The only problem is that Dave is certainly very expensive....

I wouldn't say he'd charge more than Sweet.

While I like his stuff a lot, he seems to gravitate towards very over the top macho stuff, I'd still prefer Sweet for RPG portraits.

(then again, I might be surprised, Dave has proven to be quite versatile with his approach in the past)

Out of curiosity, how much do you think it'd cost to comission 20-30 portraits? Just an estimate.

Well, probably the same estimate I did for Kieran Yanner when you asked before. It varies between artists, but it could be around 5000 - 10 000 USD.

I though that estimate was for the wallpaper!

In that case, how much would the wallpaper cost, in terms of days and money for an artist like Kieran or Sweet?

And how much would your fee be?

Maybe OE hires you ;)

Do you do art for a living, or is it just some side works for some extra cash?

Heh, that wallpaper is probably a couple of hundreds of dollars. Hard to guess, Kieran is both good and fast.

And yeah, I'm a professional, although I doubt they'd even considering hiring me. ;)

wow wooow wooooow

so you're telling me that the cost for a portrait and the cost for a wallpaper... is basically around the same?!

I would assume that there is a *lot* more work in a wallpaper (well, at least that scene Kieran made) than in a portrait.

As I said, it depends on how fast and famous the artist is. Also where he lives, someone in a cheaper country can afford to charge less (like I do. Although, to be perfectly honest, the rates in fantasy art are pretty low even for where I live). The wallpaper could be a week of work, by a couple of hundred I meant 500+, sorry. ;)

The portraits...again, varies by how detailed and large they are. The portraits in IWD/BG could possibly be done in a day or two, if the artist is fast enough. If they were intended for print, they'd probably have to spend more time on details and so on.

Edited by Merlkir

======================================
http://janpospisil.daportfolio.com/ - my portfolio
http://janpospisil.blogspot.cz/ - my blog

Please, do NOT have Justin Sweet make the portraits. :alienani:

I don't care who does it, just make sure it is not Justin Sweet! Do it internally Obsidian, you have so many talented artists, use them instead! :yes:

Edited by dlux

:closed:

No JUSTIN Sweet! Do it internally Obsidian and save money, have Rob, Polina or whomever you like make the portraits! :)

I don't care who does it, just make sure it is not Justin Sweet!

My avatar is less childish than you. :yes:

So I am childish, because my opinion differs from yours? :rolleyes:

Edited by dlux

:closed:

No JUSTIN Sweet! Do it internally Obsidian and save money, have Rob, Polina or whomever you like make the portraits! :)

I don't care who does it, just make sure it is not Justin Sweet!

My avatar is less childish than you. :yes:

So I am childish, because my opinion differs from yours? ^^

no, because it differs from all the people in the whole world. ..

just kidding ... silly nonsense ;-)

Edited by HumanFlesh+5

Trum, trum, terum tum tum - the landsknecht and his gaudy war drum.

I wasn't able to pin this down--Who did the first Sagani concept art? I'd like more of that.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

As long as there are custom portraits, I'm not sure it matters what kind of style they go for.

I like Sweet myself, but understand how others might not like his style.

Personally I usually ended up importing most of the portraits I used for the IE games, either using famous painters like J. W. Waterhouse or other game art as sources.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man