Stretch Goal - hire Justin Sweet to make portraits.

I think the original painters of BG 1 & 2 did a good job.

No. The portraits in those games are vulgar. Hideous abominations.

I can't take anyone's opinion seriously if they think the Baldur's Gate portraits were good.

It's a matter of taste. I can understand your viewpoint but I think they have wonderful character. At least the ones from BG1.

Edited by Agremont

Justin Sweet's illustrations have very good style, but if you were going to hire the guy, why would you want him to just make portraits? The guy could probably contribute a lot more with background art and character models.

That, I Imagine, would cost extra - I'd be great if they could afford that, surely :)

newsflash, if one goes around throwing words like "better" and "average", that implies some kind of objective value.

No it doesn't. It just means he likes the artists he mentions better.

No, it does. That is exactly what those words mean. If he were to express his preference, he'd use the word "like", or "prefer". I'm not a native English speaker and it's quite clear to me despite that.

======================================
http://janpospisil.daportfolio.com/ - my portfolio
http://janpospisil.blogspot.cz/ - my blog

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for more art from the original artist who did the very first Sagani pic. That wasn't Justin Sweet, and I quite liked it; if it's someone else internal, that's really fine by me.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

His art is pretty average to be honest. For rough scenario drawings they are okay, but for character portraits they lack too much detail.

Artists like Luis Royo, Cris Ortega, Wu Shuang, Jonathon Bowser, Keith Parkinson, Linda Bergkvist, etc. have much better art.

Frankly I wasn't all that excited by the character portraits in the IWD series; they seemed a little too drab and uninteresting. I suppose that fit the setting, but personally I prefer the warmer, more vibrant style of Fantasy artists like Igino Giordano.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Also. Just because people don't like his particular style doesn't mean we don't like dark toned or themed artwork.

I myself am a huge fan of Victoria Frances

And Luis Royo

God, it cannot get cheesier than this.

That is why I want to add some colorful bliss!

1335527877269.jpg

Elan_song.gif

I'd very very happily see Justin Sweet work on project eternity (or anywhere else where I can see his art for that matter, he's been doing concept art since then and you don't get to see that so upfront), he's not only one of the reasons that made the Icewind Dale games great, but I'd say for me as an artist myself, he's one of the artists who has inspired me the most to push my own skills forward.

• 2 weeks later...

an official response regarding this subject would be really appreciated

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.

Well, so far we've only got this :

We've talked here about contacting Vance and Justin but we haven't had a chance yet.

source : http://forums.obsidi...60#entry1237009

They're still in the process of pre-production, so there's a chance they might announce it later on.

• Like 1

everyday a thread concerning justin sweet gets bumped and new paintings are posted is a good day for the human race

or as someone wiser than me once said about his work: "That's some small strokes of the brush for a man, but a giant leap in the art for mankind"

Edited by lolaldanee

• 2 months later...

Well, so far we've only got this :

>We've talked here about contacting Vance and Justin but we haven't had a chance yet.

source : http://forums.obsidi...60#entry1237009

They're still in the process of pre-production, so there's a chance they might announce it later on.

somebody should underline that there are still people like me that still wait a response regarding Justin Sweet!?

After my realization that White March has the same XP reward problem, I don't even have the drive to launch game anymore because I hated so much reaching Twin Elms with a level cap in vanilla PoE that I don't wish to relive that experience.