Stretch Goal - hire Justin Sweet to make portraits.

I wasn't able to pin this down--Who did the first Sagani concept art? I'd like more of that.

I preferred the wallpaper Sagani myself, as for that first concept art - I'd assume it was done internally.

More internal art! The original Sagani was awesome. I don't think we need another artist; Ziets was different, I guess, because he will be involved in content creation.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I doubt the castle is it though....perhaps an intermediate goal on the way to the castle. Hopes are slimming though.

I'd think that castle doesn't necessarily represent the goal itself, however. It's just a symbol.

Yes but still a symbol for in-game content....not for a person joining the team.

1zq6793.jpg

It is good to know that Justin Sweet is the only competent artist in the world. I hadn't known that before, but now of course I see it. I suppose every other artist in the world should just give up. What's the point when they are so outshone by the absolute brilliance of the great Justin Sweet. Let us all bow down and pray. Personally I think this whole thread is disrespectful to Obsidian. Are they not competent to decide for themselves what digital artists to hire? I don't care what artists they use as long as they are good at what they do.

• Like 1

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

It is good to know that Justin Sweet is the only competent artist in the world. I hadn't known that before, but now of course I see it. I suppose every other artist in the world should just give up. What's the point when they are so outshone by the absolute brilliance of the great Justin Sweet. Let us all bow down and pray. Personally I think this whole thread is disrespectful to Obsidian. Are they not competent to decide for themselves what digital artists to hire? I don't care what artists they use as long as they are good at what they do.

It's like the music threads asking for any composer besides Obsidian's own Bell, who has done some fine work. :(

Polina is great for the concept art; the original Sagani concept artist is also great (who are you?!).

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

This has been addressed already : http://forums.obsidi...00#entry1208265

Besides, it's a vote FOR, not AGAINST something, that's quite a difference.

This is just a suggestion, not a demand. Isn't it obvious they will, ultimately, decide themselves?

And nice strawman (and a hyperbole, at that), by the way ;) I don't think anyone in this topic suggested that Justin Sweet's the only competent artist; plenty of people have simply voiced their support and declared themselves fans of his work.

Edited by Karranthain
  • Like 1

When I first saw the portrait art for IWD I didn't like it, then it grew on me as I examined it a little more closely over the years.

I'm still not sure if I like it because it's part of and reminds me of, one of my favorite past times ... IWD 1 & 2.

There are many very talented artists in the field today and I'm sure the Obsidian team will not merely settle, but find one or more artists that can deliver the work they require in the quality we expect.

Help is good when asked for,

Better when needed.

When I first saw the portrait art for IWD I didn't like it, then it grew on me as I examined it a little more closely over the years.

I'm still not sure if I like it because it's part of and reminds me of, one of my favorite past times ... IWD 1 & 2.

There are many very talented artists in the field today and I'm sure the Obsidian team will not merely settle, but find one or more artists that can deliver the work they require in the quality we expect.

To many people, that certain portrait style is synonymous with Icewind Dale itself :)

Since they're assaying the budget now, the decision whether to hire more external talent is still up in the air.

I may be alone in this, but I have to admit that I haven't been thoroughly impressed with the current portraits for the companions.

They are okay, but rather bland. I'm not talking about wanting over the top fantasy. The art can look gritty and realistic without looking bland as many of the pictures in this thread can attest to.

I hope the current companion portraits are just early development concepts.

I may be alone in this, but I have to admit that I haven't been thoroughly impressed with the current portraits for the companions.

They are okay, but rather bland. I'm not talking about wanting over the top fantasy. The art can look gritty and realistic without looking bland as many of the pictures in this thread can attest to.

I hope the current companion portraits are just early development concepts.

You mean the sepia ones? These are concepts then. That's a portrait (I think) :

Dwarf_ranger.jpeg

I don't feel like there's anything wrong with people requesting that OE use a particular artist. They are just expressing their support for that one artist, similar to how fans of George Ziets wanted him on board to help write.

And in both cases it's someone who has previously worked with people from Obsidian :)

Justin Sweet is simply put my favorite fantasy artist. I've been really bummed that Magic the Gathering hasn't used him for any cards in a long time. I think he has a very strong painterly style which I prefer over photo-realism. Especially in terms of character portraits. Sometimes in BG2 everything was just a bit too defined so in the end I felt that they were good paintings for somebody's character but they weren't MY character. Leaving things a bit rougher and painterly allows for me to fill in the broad strokes with my imagination and feel that it's really my character.

I've always loved his paintings of Narnia

119_lucy.jpg

138_polarbears.jpg

• Like 4

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Well, I really like this original Sagani painted concept pic,and hope whoever did it gets to do the other art too. It's fine as IWD-style anyway (and assuming the artist is already internal, then must be cheaper :p).

Dwarf_ranger.jpeg

Well, I really like this original Sagani painted concept pic,and hope whoever did it gets to do the other art too. It's fine as IWD-style anyway (and assuming the artist is already internal, then must be cheaper :p).

Dwarf_ranger.jpeg

I too am a massive fan of this Sagani portrait, and would love to see some more character portraits/concepts from this artist.

fwul38.jpg

"There's a bodybag out there with that scudball's name on it, and I'm doing up the zip. Anyone who gets in my way gets a napalm enema. "

- Lister