Stretch Goal - hire Justin Sweet to make portraits.

Now i'm really curious, who's vance?

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Ooooh me likey.

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

The question got through, nice...but there's a loooong pause haha :)

Edit :

Adam Brennecke:

We've talked here about contacting Vance and Justin but we haven't had a chance yet.

This would be a double win :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the support everyone, at the very least we managed to let them know that there's plenty of fans who'd love to see Sweet's portraits in this game.

The answer we got (Adam Brennecke: We've talked here about contacting Vance and Justin but we haven't had a chance yet.) means there might be good news coming :)

tell ya what since that q&a session the kick starter heated back up, pumping in funds by the hundreds.

Thanks for the support everyone, at the very least we managed to let them know that there's plenty of fans who'd love to see Sweet's portraits in this game.

The answer we got (Adam Brennecke: We've talked here about contacting Vance and Justin but we haven't had a chance yet.) means there might be good news coming :)

Oh boy. I hated those IWD portraits with passion.

At least I now have a reason to lower my pledge. :yes:

Edited by dlux
  • Like 1

:closed:

Yeah... I don't know. Their artwork just does nothing for me. Don't get me wrong I can see they are very talented, and their work is amazing. But, it just make me go meh....

• Like 1

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

haters gonna hate... and trolls gonna troll

• Like 1

haters gonna hate... and trolls gonna troll

Yup. I HATE Justin Sweet's portraits and I am gonna say that too. It is my opinion - and I am not gonna pay extra cash for being forced to remove every portrait when the game is released.

Nice flame bait btw. :yes:

• Like 1

With that attitude I even have doubts you're pledging into this at all.

Anyway, no need to continue feeding...

Even alts... *sigh*

Yeah, we're already past 2,9 mil. (with the Paypal pledges).

This is just great!

Wasteland 2 got 420k on the last 3 days.

With 4 days to go I'm sure we'll be able to reach 3.5 Million! :)

If not, I'm pretty sure it will be damn close, and OE will still make that second big city :wub:

Edited by hideo kuze

With that attitude I even have doubts you're pledging into this at all.

Anyway, no need to continue feeding...

Even alts... *sigh*

I see you have never been in the Kickstarter chat before then.... Maybe you are the one who hasn't pledged.

You can keep on responding if you like. then I can write another post on how terrible Justin Sweet's portraits are in my opinion.

• Like 1

They should hire him though, or some other painter dude, for the box cover and maybe a few more shots.

Portraits should be done internally, I'd like about 100 of them and they should all be done in the same style.

Mellow down people, having/not having some particular artist for the portraits is absolutely no reason

to not back up the game, it's going to be awesome no matter how they roll.

They should hire him though, or some other painter dude, for the box cover and maybe a few more shots.

Portraits should be done internally, I'd like about 100 of them and they should all be done in the same style.

Mellow down people, having/not having some particular artist for the portraits is absolutely no reason

Justin can do anything in the game as far as I care. Concept art, cutscene images, whatever. He is talented (there are artists that have more talent than him though) and he has a distinct style which fits very good in some cases, but he is NOT a good portrait artist - he is a terrible portrait artist imo. I hated his portraits in IWD so much that I had to replace them all... and the statement that Obsidian is *thinking* of hiring Justin to do the portraits for PE makes me cringe.

:alienani:

Edited by dlux
  • Like 1

Justin can do anything in the game as far as I care. Concept art, cutscene images, whatever. He is talented (there are artists that have more talent than him though) and he has a distinct style which fits very good in some cases, but he is NOT a good portrait artist - he is a terrible portrait artist imo. I hated his portraits in IWD so much that I had to replace them all... and the statement that Obsidian is *thinking* of hiring Justin to do the portraits for PE makes me cringe.

This coming from someone with a Baldur's Gate II portrait as their avatar... :yucky:

• Like 1

This coming from someone with a Baldur's Gate II portrait as their avatar... :yucky:

:fdevil:

Well, I liked Imoen as you can see.

But yes, the portrait is also very good, much better than anything Justin Sweet could ever whip up.

The question got through, nice...but there's a loooong pause haha :)

Edit :

Adam Brennecke:

We've talked here about contacting Vance and Justin but we haven't had a chance yet.

You're all crazy and arguing over something that wasn't even said or done. The above quote is all that Adam had said, they already have been releasing portraits, so more than likely if they contacted vance and justin it would probably be to do other designs. But, until something actually happens there's no reason for everyone to get their panties in a bunch.