Stretch Goal - hire Justin Sweet to make portraits.

Personally I think they are keeping Justin Sweet as a surprise announcement/bonus for when we'll inevitably reach the big 3.

As for the mega dungeon i think we'll manage to reach/break 10.

I agree and will be surprised if we reach 9. I think most of our cash flow will start coming from people who have already donated as to new backers, except for the last day. I for one will be backing the project on the final day before the kickstarter ends. The reason for this being, I need to see where I'm at financially and decide if I can afford the 250$ kickstarter or not, which is the one i'm aiming for since they upgraded that collectors book to hardcover for the 250$ backers.

Surprised if we reach what 9? You mean 2.9? We'll fly past and blow 2.9 out of the water.....we'll definitely reach 3.0 mil, that is just about guaranteed, 3.5 may be a bit tough but certainly doable at this point.

I meant 9 levels of the dungeon, we'd need... another 3,000 or so backers. Still need to hit 7 and 8 though :p. I hope we do it but I'd be surprised if we did.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Personally I think they are keeping Justin Sweet as a surprise announcement/bonus for when we'll inevitably reach the big 3.

I agree and will be surprised if we reach 9. I think most of our cash flow will start coming from people who have already donated as to new backers, except for the last day. I for one will be backing the project on the final day before the kickstarter ends. The reason for this being, I need to see where I'm at financially and decide if I can afford the 250$ kickstarter or not, which is the one i'm aiming for since they upgraded that collectors book to hardcover for the 250$ backers.

Surprised if we reach what 9? You mean 2.9? We'll fly past and blow 2.9 out of the water.....we'll definitely reach 3.0 mil, that is just about guaranteed, 3.5 may be a bit tough but certainly doable at this point.

I meant 9 levels of the dungeon, we'd need... another 3,000 or so backers. Still need to hit 7 and 8 though :p. I hope we do it but I'd be surprised if we did.

I wouldn't be....the pledged amount and pledgers will skyrocket once again in the final 3 days....hell you can see the start of this ascent now. We passed 57500 backers ~ 12/13 hrs ago and now we are 58407....more than 900 bringing us close to ~1800-2000 a day. I wouldn't be surprised if in the final day we get north of 5000 pledgers.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

I wouldn't be....the pledged amount and pledgers will skyrocket once again in the final 3 days....hell you can see the start of this ascent now. We passed 57500 backers ~ 12/13 hrs ago and now we are 58407....more than 900 bringing us close to ~1800-2000 a day. I wouldn't be surprised if in the final day we get north of 5000 pledgers.

If we hit 10 levels of that dungeon I want that to be some sort of major goal. They should add that to the kickstarter 'At 10 levels of the dungeon we'll...' and of course fill in the blanks with awesomeness.

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Indeed, I think 3,5 mil. is well within their grasp. I hope you're right about the strange timing of Sweet's website maintenance too :)

They won't have a stretch goal for 10th dungeon level. They've been asked how far they want it to go and they stated the number 15 as being their target....you won't see a stretch goal for this.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

They won't. They've been asked how far they want it to go and they stated the number 15 as being their target....you won't see a stretch goal for this.

Just had to go and crush my dreams didn't you! That't it i'm sicking minsc and boo on you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5sgIw69VNw

I think they might add one more dungeon level as a gift to the player, after the Kickstarter is over :)

But on topic : let's hope we're right and that Sweet's website is currently under maintenance in preparation for the PE announcement :)

I hope I'm right too.....that would make for a super epic happy dance... :aiee:

• Like 1

1zq6793.jpg

I think they might add one more dungeon level as a gift to the player, after the Kickstarter is over :)

But on topic : let's hope we're right and that Sweet's website is currently under maintenance in preparation for the PE announcement :)

I hope I'm right too.....that would make for a super epic happy dance... :aiee:

Indeed. So. Much. Talent. In. One. Game.

Edited by Karranthain
  • Like 1

I haven't really engaged myself for Justin Sweets return, although I think he makes brilliant artwork. But just as I did dream of having George Ziets on PE's team I now see that there are almost as many who wish for Justins return, so opportunistically, I now encourage Obsidian to fulfil your dream: "Please, OE get him on the wagon! Just think of the nice increase of pledges." ;)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I haven't really engaged myself for Justin Sweets return, although I think he makes brilliant artwork. But just as I did dream of having George Ziets on PE's team I now see that there are almost as many who wish for Justins return, so opportunistically, I now encourage Obsidian to fulfil your dream: "Please, OE get him on the wagon! Just think of the nice increase of pledges." ;)

Thank you for your support! Here's a little gift :

169_KERNSNOW.jpg

I've asked a couple times now! Going to keep trying.

Yeah I gave up on asking, I kind of figured he wasn't going to answer it whether it was true or not. I mean Justin Sweet did leave Obsidian so there's no telling if he left on a good note.

Yeah I gave up on asking, I kind of figured he wasn't going to answer it whether it was true or not. I mean Justin Sweet did leave Obsidian so there's no telling if he left on a good note.

Thanks for trying anyway!

And Sweet only worked for Black Isle, and from what I've found on the internet, he was still part of the team when Van Buren (Fallout 3) got cancelled. After that, Interplay laid off the entire staff.

I'll still hope for the best, and we'll see here in a couple of days.

I'll still hope for the best, and we'll see here in a couple of days.

Yeah, like it's been mentioned before, it's slightly suspicious that Sweet's website went into maintenance mode just a two days ago - though that may very well be wishful thinking on my part :)

If they're keeping it a secret, we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by Karranthain

I wonder if the artist they are currently using has seen this thread . . . I bet it would be pretty disheartening to see a bunch of people asking for someone else.

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

How so? It's no different than people wanting George on the team, there's not just 'one' or there doesn't have to be just 'one' of someone on a team.

I tossed my hat in the ring as well, maybe if we get enough questions with Justin Sweet they'll ask.