Stretch Goal - hire Justin Sweet to make portraits.

I've had a terrible, terrible idea. I'm an awful person.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Obsidian did say they were going to allow the use of custom portraits ?

Time to make a Kickstarter to commission Justin Sweet around 44 (4 per classes) pieces of Art for personal use with the Adventurer's Hall.

I like Sweet but whoever did that last wallpaper is pretty darned good in my book. I would like to see where that guy takes us.

He was already mentioned in this thread regarding the PE wallpaper (check these last 2 pages).

http://www.kieranyanner.com/

I'd hate to have to decide the visual identity of a game via art style . . . there are so many great artists out there:

1j59np.jpg

2rhwhz7.jpg

ogihcj.jpg

9r7uyx.jpg

33nc7wi.jpg

And so many more out there besides the few I can post here, all with touches large and small worthy of respect and use. Way too hard for someone like me to decide. I'd want to use them all and smash them all together. It would be a disaster. :p

Edited by Umberlin

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

I'd hate to have to decide the visual identity of a game via art style . . . there are so many great artists out there:

1j59np.jpg

ogihcj.jpg

And so many more out there besides the few I can post here, all with touches large and small worthy of respect and use. Way too hard for someone like me to decide. I'd want to use them all and smash them all together. It would be a disaster. :p

I don't particularly like these images (the first one has a cheesy huge sword dual wield, and the second one is not fantasy-esque), but I do enjoy the style.

Can you tell me the source for them?

I love that first image with the dual wielding. The composition, the style, the use of colours. Literally everything about it I love. Do you have a source/artist for the fantastic dual wielder?

Legendary Weapons Made By You - A post about weapon customisation and creating your own legendary items

Magic Spell Customisation - A post about adapting spells to fit your style, making news ones from old

$4million+ raised, I think our jobs here are done.

Found a youtube link to some artwork from justin sweet. Check it out.

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

Obsidian have many great artists that can do the job very well Dwarven ranger is a fine example, but Justin's artwork really does speak for itself.

Does anyone know if he even wants to be involved?

If Obsidian offers him a fair contract, I don't see why he wouldn't be interested.

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Obsidian have many great artists that can do the job very well Dwarven ranger is a fine example, but Justin's artwork really does speak for itself.

Does anyone know if he even wants to be involved?

If Obsidian offers him a fair contract, I don't see why he wouldn't be interested.

I can't presume to know, but I'd assume he'd be interested in a bigger commision like this.

As unlikely as it is now, I still think it'd be a good stretch goal to have - it'd bridge the gap between the Stronghold and the second Big City. I particularly would've loved it if they reached that second goal - and I think announcing Sweet's involvement would definitely help to bring more pledges.